LPF twin turbo kit or Hellion twin turbo kit

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I ran 9.04 at 153 on less than 12lbs. Good weather and also took about 150lbs out of the car back when I ran that. Back seats, catback, passenger seat, and a few other small things. Car weight 3750 with me in it.
What has Justin said about max boost you guys plan on running on your stock motor? I know the higher compression will prevent you from turning it up too crazy (aka 16+ psi like the MRL cars) but you can also make power more efficiently.
Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
What has Justin said about max boost you guys plan on running on your stock motor? I know the higher compression will prevent you from turning it up too crazy (aka 16+ psi like the MRL cars) but you can also make power more efficiently.
Hasn't really said a limit, just said there's a point where it is 50/50 when you press the gas pedal lol. Back during TX2K i was around 15lbs I believe. Had the car on kill mode for a few nights and car worked like every other time!

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I went through the same decision about a year ago and I went with the Hellion kit because they are backed by a larger company and I heard too many horror stories about the COMP turbos. I think the hellion charge piping may be a bit better with fewer couplers. I wouldn't base the decision on the numbers people post at certain boost levels. Boost is just a number of back pressure and total boost will vary by the method of measurement. I have three sources to measure boost on my car and they vary by 1-2lbs. I had a few issues with my kit but I called hellion and resolved them quickly. The customer service is great at hellion.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I would go with the company that answers the phone and returns emails/messages

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
I went through the same decision about a year ago and I went with the Hellion kit because they are backed by a larger company and I heard too many horror stories about the COMP turbos. I think the hellion charge piping may be a bit better with fewer couplers. I wouldn't base the decision on the numbers people post at certain boost levels. Boost is just a number of back pressure and total boost will vary by the method of measurement. I have three sources to measure boost on my car and they vary by 1-2lbs. I had a few issues with my kit but I called hellion and resolved them quickly. The customer service is great at hellion.

I would LOVE to hear any comp horror stories that can actually be substantiated by FIRST HAND experience (not he said/she said).

I read lots of he said/she said with zero facts to back it up. people are skeptical of oil less turbos and speak out against them rampantly, the evidence is lacking thus far (myself included). early on there were issues of grease fittings coming loose but that has been remedied... what other "horror" stories are there????

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would LOVE to hear any comp horror stories that can actually be substantiated by FIRST HAND experience (not he said/she said).

I read lots of he said/she said with zero facts to back it up. people are skeptical of oil less turbos and speak out against them rampantly, the evidence is lacking thus far (myself included). early on there were issues of grease fittings coming loose but that has been remedied... what other "horror" stories are there????
I know of two people personally that had to send the turbos back for the grease fitting issue as well as issues with the bearings. I am not biased to any company and just try to provide honest views with the facts I have. You cannot deny the number of LPF cars out there running great numbers. It does seem that most of the guys that have success with the kit are local to the company and possibly friends with the owner. Just my 2 cents worth.

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
There are a lot of cars local to him that run good, but wouldn't that make sense??

I am halfway across the country from him and have never met him in my life. Mine made 832 and ran 9.65 on my VERY FIRST pass! I backed it up with a 9.73 and haven't tried since because the weather sucks. I am not friends with the owner yet these results seem pretty in line??

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
oh and im only on 93 (with meth) not e85...

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
There are a lot of cars local to him that run good, but wouldn't that make sense??

I am halfway across the country from him and have never met him in my life. Mine made 832 and ran 9.65 on my VERY FIRST pass! I backed it up with a 9.73 and haven't tried since because the weather sucks. I am not friends with the owner yet these results seem pretty in line??
I am glad the kit is working for you. It just seems like the guys with the LPF kits are super defensive of the kits. Either they hate the kit or it is the best kit ever and LPF is god.

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
I haven't seen anyone who owns the kit and hates it?

When I bought the kit, for MY money, the LPF kit was the best by far. If the street sleeper had been out then I likely would have gone that route solely based on delivery times. LPF can be difficult to get ahold of but once you know and accept this, it just really isn't that big of a deal.

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I’ve been running the Comp turbos for about 5,000 miles now and I’ve had both grease zerks fall out. I’ve since installed new ones with Loctite 246 which is for high temp operation. They have not come loose since then fortunately.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Either is a good kit. I run the Hellion Sleeper. They both have + and - flip a coin and install.
I'm curious about your ground clearance is with the bottom mount Turbos? I have a steep incline into the garage and right now if I have a couple too many Taco's that day or a passenger in the car, the undercarriage just slightly kisses the crest.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I'm curious about your ground clearance is with the bottom mount Turbos? I have a steep incline into the garage and right now if I have a couple too many Taco's that day or a passenger in the car, the undercarriage just slightly kisses the crest.
The turbos are not going to scrape. On either kit. The Hellion Sleeper kit has a oil collection tank between the turbos and it is the lowest part on the car. I have scraped it coming out of parking lots. So I adjusted my coil overs to raise car. And I still hit something on the highway think it was a piece of tire. I consider myself lucky.

OP
OP

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
The turbos are not going to scrape. On either kit. The Hellion Sleeper kit has a oil collection tank between the turbos and it is the lowest part on the car. I have scraped it coming out of parking lots. So I adjusted my coil overs to raise car. And I still hit something on the highway think it was a piece of tire. I consider myself lucky.
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
Sponsored