Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Probably another year.
My Grandson will be 16 then AND he thinks he is getting the car.

My wife has already said; " there's NO WAY my Grandson is driving that car"!!!!!!
Could I be your GrandSon will love to add second GB to the garage :)
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My last car was a 99 Saturn SC2 that I bought new and drove 17+ years, 237K miles (about the distance to the moon). I'm hoping the Mustang can match that.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
After how much I've spent on mods, PPF and ceramic coating.

Forr evvv errrrr.

That's not the real reason though, I just love this car and mods just make it better!

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
I had my 2019 PP2 for five months. Dumped tons of money in to it and then sold it.

I have had 58 vehicles so this is normal protocol for me. I think I owned one of my Fox bodies the longest at around four or five years. I'm always on to another project or cool car so it's hard for me to keep stuff long. I prefer 60s Fords and 60s sports cars, so I have a few new projects I am looking at. I do however kick myself for selling some of my cars. :(

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had my 2019 PP2 for five months. Dumped tons of money in to it and then sold it.

I have had 58 vehicles so this is normal protocol for me. I think I owned one of my Fox bodies the longest at around four or five years. I'm always on to another project or cool car so it's hard for me to keep stuff long. I prefer 60s Fords and 60s sports cars, so I have a few new projects I am looking at. I do however kick myself for selling some of my cars. :(
I have a 1967 MG B/GT, overdrive, hasn't moved since 1992. Yours if you come and get it. San Diego.

Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I actually already got rid of it. I had it for 4 years and put 48,000 miles on it. It was my 4th Mustang so i was ready for something different. I have a new 2019 Ford, still in the family, Ranger XLT 4x4.
IMG_0337.jpg

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I actually already got rid of it. I had it for 4 years and put 48,000 miles on it. It was my 4th Mustang so i was ready for something different. I have a new 2019 Ford, still in the family, Ranger XLT 4x4.
IMG_0337.jpg
Wow that is a nice looking truck. How does it drive?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I tend to keep cars - or almost anything really - for a LONG time. Sold my HS car (74 Dodge Dart w/440) in 2009 after 25 years. Sold my 67 Plymouth Barracuda project after 21 years. My 69 Plymouth Valiant was my daily driver from 1993-2003, but is now a toy waiting on a new EFI system - 26 years. My 68 Plymouth Fury convertible was going to be a quick flip to finance the Barracuda, but she's more fun. Only owned her for 14 years.

My last daily driver was a 2008 Honda Fit that I bought new, and my niece now has had her for the last year as her first car. I bought the Mustang in May, 2018 to replace the Fit, and have enjoyed every minute of ownership. I've got a 8/100 extended warranty on the Mustang, and I'll own her at least that long. The Mustang is far and away the best car I've ever owned, and does everything I need her to do really well. Wheels, tires, and a tune will be about all I modify, so I'm expecting her to last forever and turn to stone.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I had a 2011 GT that I bought new Sept. 2010 and kept until 12/24/18 when I sold it - it had 190K on the clock.

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I plan on keeping my 18' GT convertible forever.

My wife and I think long term when it comes to major purchases. We wanted a convertible fun car for a while. Its a garage queen only driven on nice days and have only put about 1800 miles on it since we took delivery in June of last year. Yeah, we know we are taking a hit on depreciation, but we have no intentions of ever selling it and I don't ever see myself getting bored of it. She has her 4-banger daily driver and I drive a company car for work that I am allowed to drive for personal use. The Mustang feels completely different from our commuter cars and I don;t ever see ourselves losing our excitement over it. This may be a shocker for a lot of you, but I have no plans to mod it at all. I like it the way it is. Its a fun cruiser to us.

I know Ford will continue to make Mustangs, but I feel that this is the last generation of stangs that will have retro styling cues. (i.e. the dual cockpit interior). I've heard rumors that the next generation of Mustang will be geared toward the younger Millennial buyers and will be quite a bit different in style and performance. If true, Ford will have to walk a fine line to appeal to those buyers while keeping the rest of us still interested in the car. Its a change that must happen for the car to survive. I just hope it whatever they do works out better for Ford that what Harley-Davidson is going through right now. Millennials don't seem to car about bikes at all.

Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Curious how long you all plan on keeping your s550 mustangs?
I will be keeping my S550 for 3 more years to pay it off and then give it to my son. I had plans for boost but after seeing the new C8 Corvette, I could care less about this car. The C8 is in my near future.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I keep most of my cars a long time if I like them. So far the Mustang has been a blast, but I do miss my Cayman. Pretty sure my next car will be a manual 911. The Mustang is fun, but I prefer the driving dynamics of Porsches especially in the twisties. I may keep the GT though as a change of pace. I paid it off the day I bought it so my options are open to when I get the urge to splurge.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would like to say a while but who knows. But the way the industry is going I could see this one as a keeper for a while.
I was not expecting to like the 2020 Vette so much. I thought it would be good but not to the point where I'd be smitten. As long as no major issues come up, my 350 will be gone late 2020/early 2021. Still a wonderful car though and like anything that else that has had an impact in your life, it will always have a special spot in your heart.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Wow that is a nice looking truck. How does it drive?
It drives and rides very well. It has to be the nicest riding 4x4 that I've ever driven. Now does it corner or accelerate as good as the Mustang, of course not. But for this stage in my life i can use a truck and i really like this one. And the 2.3L turbo with a 10 speed auto gets right up and goes.

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
My last car was a 99 Saturn SC2 that I bought new and drove 17+ years, 237K miles (about the distance to the moon). I'm hoping the Mustang can match that.
I still drive my 00 cougar with 265k miles on the clock. I enjoy working on my cars whenever any issues pop up so maintenance and mechanical problems don’t worry me. I’m keeping the stang until I’m old and gray. No other car has made me as happy as my mustang.
Sponsored