Sponsored

Lund not tuning for California Customers anymore

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Kenne Bell is also Commiefornia, I mean, "CARB" legal. 2.8 & 3.2L with calibrations. More than enough to out Hp all the rest. *Poke

I don't think the 3.6L+ KB's are but I don't see any complete kits with tunes for mustnags.
Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
guess im lucky i got my tune before so revision i take their taking care of due to existing customers

OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I think the crazy thing is that each state seems to have a different standard . It must absolutely be crazy making for the aftermarket parts manufacturers . For us car folks, especially those of us stuck in CARB compliance states we have to carefully tread through all the parts and loopholes making it that much harder to have fun with our beloved hobby.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Canā€™t believe I moved back. Didnā€™t have this issue in NC

Sponsored

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
Yes, Roush, Edelbrock, Vortech and others all make 50 state legal ā€œcompleteā€ kits with a tune. However, if you then want to install a different tune it is not smog legal anymore.
Why can't Lund tune for it to be smog legal like other companies are doing like Roush, Whipple, Edelbrock, etc?

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Because the process to get their tune approved through CARB is a massive undertaking. Its easier to just not sell them

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Any legit hotrodder who votes "D" has strudel in his noodle. All it takes is one Federal mandate that a car computer shut down and report itself if alteration is attempted and game over, hope you like your mustang bone stock. How many guys would be willing to swap a complete AEM engine control system back and forth to pass a check?

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Any legit hotrodder who votes "D" has strudel in his noodle. All it takes is one Federal mandate that a car computer shut down and report itself if alteration is attempted and game over, hope you like your mustang bone stock. How many guys would be willing to swap a complete AEM engine control system back and forth to pass a check?
There is always a way around the electronics ask VW and Dieselgate........LOLOLOL!

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Getting performance tuning approved by CARB is definitely no easy task, but it is possible. We currently offer performance tunes and products for many different platforms that are already CARB legal including the Raptor F-150 3.5L for example which we recently released a Youtube video announcement for as well. The Mustang CARB approved tunes are still in development at this time, but I will be sure to post more news as it becomes available for anyone interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stang 19

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Why dont people call AED Shaun is in CA.
The short answer: Shawn is not tuning for ā€˜18 and up due to the high compression (12:1).

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Why not just have CA customers sign a form declaring the intent is for off-road use only?

I recently purchased parts from Vortech, and they emailed me such a form, since the part did not have a CARB EO#. Surely the same could be done for a mail order/email tune.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The short answer: Shawn is not tuning for ā€˜18 and up due to the high compression (12:1).
For FI true but NA he will still do 18+.