First time at the track

Gamer1886

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium w/pp
I took my mildly modified(Lund tune, E85, CAI and Corsa headers) 16 GT premium to the track for the first time last Friday. Had a bit of trouble with launching and maintaining traction but I managed to run a 12.44 at 115. I'm still running the stock 275s and was having a lot of trouble with wheel hop. I tried launching a few different ways and seemed to have the best luck using launch control at 3000rpm and slipping the clutch. Should I just invest in some suspension components or is there something else I should be trying? There was not a good way to avoid the water box so I just did a small rolling burnout to try and dry the tires off without making them slippery.

View media item 15543
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I took my mildly modified(Lund tune, E85, CAI and Corsa headers) 16 GT premium to the track for the first time last Friday. Had a bit of trouble with launching and maintaining traction but I managed to run a 12.44 at 115. I'm still running the stock 275s and was having a lot of trouble with wheel hop. I tried launching a few different ways and seemed to have the best luck using launch control at 3000rpm and slipping the clutch. Should I just invest in some suspension components or is there something else I should be trying? There was not a good way to avoid the water box so I just did a small rolling burnout to try and dry the tires off without making them slippery.

View media item 15543
First thing is going to be tires, but with that said, axles are a good idea. Wheel hop is also a concern. The axles will help with that, but suspension mods on top of those things are the solution

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Bias ply slicks, frpp axles and bmr or steeds IRS upgrades. That will get you a 1.5 60' and you well into the 11's with that mph you are running. After that round of mods and dozens of launches at 5k+ you will need a new clutch also. Check my build page out for more specifics, good luck and have fun!

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
BMR CB005
Sponsored