Sponsored

What's Your Profession?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Here's one for ya that goes back many years..I'm a high vac diffusion systems technician (vacuum coatings, vacuum braze and vacuum furnace etc)..technology developed at the turn of the 19 century by big industrial enterprise. ..thought I'd share..

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mechanical Engineer

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Been retired for just over 7 years now.

Civil/structural engineer by education (BSCE 1970). Worked first in the shipbuilding industry (US Navy ships and submarines mostly) and later on the piping side of the power industry (mainly nuclear).

Norm

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Been retired for just over 7 years now.

Civil/structural engineer by education (BSCE 1970). Worked first in the shipbuilding industry (US Navy ships and submarines mostly) and later on the piping side of the power industry (mainly nuclear).

Norm
My grandfather used to work on subs at Portsmouth NH, and before that destroyers at Bath ME. His brother was a contractor working aboard the Squalus and never got out.

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Proud member of The United Brotherhood of Carpenters local 54 and worked every facet of the trade for 36 years in Downtown Chicago. Retired at age 60, ten years ago.

Deleted member

25 Here, first job was INNOUT Burger at 16 ended up loving it and became a manager. Managed for 5 years and just quit at the beginning of the year after 8 years with the company. Now working as a C.A.D designer and detailer for an commercial door and frame company. Quite the change but I love it.

Deleted member 35775

biz card title: financial management consultant... real world description: program manager mentoring/managing project teams architecting/implementing financial systems for fortune 100 companies. for 20+ years, i've traveled between 40-44 weeks a year. since i got my car, most Friday's when i get home, i check-in with wifey (let her know i landed safely), then drive 100 miles from home (any direction) and then back home. :)

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
biz card title: financial management consultant... real world description: program manager mentoring/managing project teams architecting/implementing financial systems for fortune 100 companies. for 20+ years, i've traveled between 40-44 weeks a year. since i got my car, most Friday's when i get home, i check-in with wifey (let her know i landed safely), then drive 100 miles from home (any direction) and then back home. :)

Great way to unwind.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I'm 64 now.
QC inspector for years.
Maintenance auditor for rest of work time.
Been retired for 14 years.
Sponged off wife for years. Cars, motorcycles, ATV's and Trucks, also 2 channel stereo
(Hey, someone needs to spend it)

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
22 YOA, and and I work in vehicle emissions testing (which is now nice and busy thanks to the generous folks at VW)

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
22 YOA, and and I work in vehicle emissions testing (which is now nice and busy thanks to the generous folks at VW)
My mother owned one of those dirty diesels. VW ended up giving her a fantastic trade in on a shiny new gas powered model.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I manage the services sales operations team of a large audio, video, teleconferencing, and SaaS company (to be unnamed for policy reasons). If you've been in a virtual meeting this year there's about a 50% chance it was on our hardware and 20% chance our software (complicated b2b alliances etc). It's the most middle manager corporate job you can think of.
Before that I've managed a couple bookstores, loaded trucks for FedEx, and started working life as a deli creep in highschool. I'm 35 if it helps contextually.
Sponsored