Sponsored

Mustang 2017 US to EU spec (rear fog light)

ernis100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edvin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Im change my light switch for one with rear fog light and also rear fog light (photos attached)
Does anyone know , to which number of fuse (in compartment fuse box) i need to connect my wire from light switch and wire from rear fog light ? I can't find it at any fuse diagrams.
Thanks !
4fa3b6c94e8989a683d7db4220b7.jpg
1234923373_w640_h640_5309377.jpg
Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
several steps are involved in your project:

you need to get wiring terminals for connectros c205, c2280B and c2280C.

for c205: https://www.te.com/deu-de/product-2098762-3.html?source=header-match

for c2280C: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMs7eK6h2EBtKrDPZUGUvv8Sk5Ng7Z0BJqM=

not sure which one it was for the c2280B connector….

1. you need to run a new wire from the light switch connector (C205) pin #2 to the BCM connector (C2280B) pin #8

this wire let's the BCM know when you want to switch on your rear fog light

2. you need to run a new wire from BCM connector (C2280C) pin #25 to your fog light

this wire gets 12V from the BCM and powers your rear fog light.

3. you need to change your BCM's Asbuilt data on the following lines:

726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Rear Fog Enable Cfg: 0=disabled --> 1=enabled
726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx --> 4=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL norm

Those two lines activate the needed circuits inside the BCM.

4. and lastly you have do change the following on the IPC:

720-02-02 xxx* xx Rear Fog Indicator Cfg: 0=disabled --> 2=enabled

this line will make sure that the small amber indicator on the dash turns on when you switch on the rear fog light.

Sporting

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
Im change my light switch for one with rear fog light and also rear fog light (photos attached)
Does anyone know , to which number of fuse (in compartment fuse box) i need to connect my wire from light switch and wire from rear fog light ? I can't find it at any fuse diagrams.
Thanks !
4fa3b6c94e8989a683d7db4220b7.jpg
1234923373_w640_h640_5309377.jpg
Hi Edvin,
Could you tell me where you bought your light switch?
Thanks

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@buzz-dee any idea on how to make the rear fog light stay on by default in forscan during the day aswell? like a drl?

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
i don’t think this is possible through ForScan. The BCM will only power the rear fog when the button is pressed AND the headlights are on. (as it is demanded by law in Germany for example)
Why would you want to have it always on? It’s quite dazzling for the one traveling behind you...

Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i don’t think this is possible through ForScan. The BCM will only power the rear fog when the button is pressed AND the headlights are on. (as it is demanded by law in Germany for example)
Why would you want to have it always on? It’s quite dazzling for the one traveling behind you...
I got one of those DRL (not bright) style rear lights to replace my fog light so was wanting to use the existing wiring to the button.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Only idea I have is to hardwire it to your front drl. But you lose the ability to use the switch that way....

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
yep, im thinking ill run it off the side marker and loose the button. Thanks!

Jsuatam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 ecoboost with PP and Sync3 nav
I had an issue with the Passenger BCM C2280C pin25 and I don't receive the 12V on this wire
Anybody know the fuse that I need to replace? I imagine it's not located in this BCM, right?
Thanks a lot

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Did you have it working before and now there’s no power to the pin anymore or are you still in the process of activating that feature? You have to make the proper asbuilt changes in the BCM, otherwise the circuit will not power up at all

Sponsored

Jsuatam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks buzz-dee
Yes, it was working fine till I was connecting power to an android mirror from that pin25 and unfortunatelly my cable connected to pin25 touched the chasis so I made a shortcut and now pin25 does not provide the 12V. I think a fuse has blown out but I do not which one. Tried several but they are OK. I lost power on the electric fold mirrors (Don't fold) and also the passenger window does not work but the corresponding fuses in the BCM are OK.
what do you mean with proper asbuilt changes in the BCM? You mean through forscan?I didn't make any changes in forscan so configuration is the same as before the shortcut

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
That’s ugly!

the output pin 25 is driven by a transistor. Usually those are overload and short circuit protected. So hopefully you didn’t fry it.

do you have FORScan available? If yes, good. If no get ForScan and an appropriate adapter or find someone who can help you out.

Using ForScan, Go ahead and check the BCM for error codes. You might find one ore more rear fog lamp related DTC’s. Clear all trouble codes, cycle the ignition off and on again.

cross fingers and see if the rear fog works again

Jsuatam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s ugly!

the output pin 25 is driven by a transistor. Usually those are overload and short circuit protected. So hopefully you didn’t fry it.

do you have FORScan available? If yes, good. If no get ForScan and an appropriate adapter or find someone who can help you out.

Using ForScan, Go ahead and check the BCM for error codes. You might find one ore more rear fog lamp related DTC’s. Clear all trouble codes, cycle the ignition off and on again.

cross fingers and see if the rear fog works again
hi Buzz-Dee,
No luck clearing the DTCs
So, where dies the C2280C pin25 provides 12V from? The SBC? Should I need to order a new SBC?

Or it comes from another unit providing 12v as an input to the SBC? In this case is there a fuse in any other fuse box protecting this pin25?
Thanks a lotjavier

MustangGT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, BMW M4, Volvo XC90, Ford Taunus 2.0GL
Vehicle Showcase
not sure which one it was for the c2280B connector….
Hi buzz-dee,
Thank you so much for explaining the entire process. I have ordered almost all parts (Light switch, Rear fog light, OBDLink MX, downloaded the Forscan lite app and ordered the wiring terminals for the connectors using your two links).

"Not sure which one it was for the c2280B connector" --> Does this mean I need to order different ones than the two I ordered using your two links? I just want to make sure I can start installing right away once I receive the parts I've ordered so far.

Thank you so much.

Tim

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
hi Buzz-Dee,
No luck clearing the DTCs
So, where dies the C2280C pin25 provides 12V from? The SBC? Should I need to order a new SBC?

Or it comes from another unit providing 12v as an input to the SBC? In this case is there a fuse in any other fuse box protecting this pin25?
Thanks a lotjavier
not sure what you mean by SBC,

the BCM behind the passenger kickpanel gets powered through several fuses from the Power distribution box in the engine compartment.

it detects your light switch settings and Fog light button press and then sends 12V from its internal power supply to the pin 25. There is no single fuse that protects this circuit. If the dtcs can’t be cleared you might be out of luck. Maybe the transistor got fried while you shorted the connection. Try unhooking the battery for 15min. See if that resets the module.
Sponsored