Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Jus
Hi, new 2016 convertible owner and forum member.

Given the space restrictions of the interior and trunk for storage and organization, I did a search for on the forum for some ideas and it didn't yield much. I'm guessing there are some interesting and creative solutions that have been found by members that would be great to share here.

For example, I saw these door side storage boxes on Amazon.

Anyone else have anything to share? Please include links if you can.
Just arrived in mail yesterday and fits perfectly and one of the best investments in my Pony. Looks like a factory fit.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Just arrived in mail yesterday and fits perfectly and one of the best investments in my Pony. Looks like a factory fit.
Do they fit tight enough to not rattle? The only rattles I have now are the mirrors when Shaker volume passes level 14.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have two of these. They work pretty great for me, if the velcro gets weak on you, always able to reinforce it by stitching some stronger stuff on.
I couldn't immediately find the referent to this post, but "Velcro™" might indicate it's these: STAYHOLD.com. I've accumulated a set of the various sizes. They work just like the Irish designers intended. Very good, so far.

Amazon quickly supplies most of the StayHold stuff in gray; if you want other colors (orange, pink,?) it's overseas you go, and stupendous shipping costs.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Do they fit tight enough to not rattle? The only rattles I have now are the mirrors when Shaker volume passes level 14.
Mine don't rattle noticably - they came with little little foam squares to wedge into the door handle a bit. I think the foam could be better, but that's an easy DIY. They also move around a little bit when grabbing the door handle, but not a real problem in my mind. I love being able to toss my wallet or phone there rather than on the console. One of my first & best mods as well:
42107707424_84f435c656_c.jpg
Vesul_Door_Handle_Storage-01 by clair_davis, on Flickr

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
They are very tight as of now and look original. Don't know if they start rattling in 6 months time but at this stage they are perfect.

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I double side velcro everything in the trunk and stack them

From the left side of the cargo net is the box of velcro. Haven't figured out where to store it yet. The black square with plastic next to it are rubber chock blocks, the two black bags on the right are rolled up Traction Mats for this winter.
cr_E6ZFmZM1Mbw1RZy1rwZwZOcq5rEuNCkz7kDWSvam6Mb5OSOgnR5-lmPIamCip8Tdi7MMoe1O5JlkOw=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

On the left is my socket kit on top, then a red plug kit in the middle, and a jump starter that uses a super-capacitor that it never needs to be charged. The small orange box next to it is a nut extractor set, and on top of it is a tubular lock pick set .
YIA81bwCGlyxq3lhGCRFPfrULnE1j9E1ko-6Ds_49w-GBA4yZ4O__khDG48lh6CP86u2xtB9PnsZ_xEcw=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

The back left corner is an electric bottle jack, and on top next to it in the black box is an electric impact wrench. The clear box is a bunch of retainer clips and the orange box under it is a caliper wind back set and the netting on the floor is just an extra one I had laying around.
G6ufL81YP0AdOKpdyeAY88_3k45SEtfogX7QLFeePo2t-bc-CWFvJVTULLe_ExCfLltxicMX-JO8Db3gc=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

The Nike duffel is filled with racquetball, boxing and gym stuff. The compartment to the right has all the cleaning & detailing supplies including a can of Lysol for when the HVAC or convertible top starts to smell funny. Behind all the bottles & microfiber is a tool bag and air compressor. The orange TEKTON box has a torque wrench inside
r2jiZpSfdfIOQx6HA2bIgzgjrXBkWm0bQgAQ3WrUYyKI2OJG2LAS9rywcpWwXGoKL56rhSjFfHMN-QWmI=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

Left side of trunk lid is just boxes of band aids and Nitrile gloves. In the middle is my army first aid kit with work gloves on each side. Right side is another first aid kid, medical tape and a tourniquet.
snzMSjdb4Qz53t8ye8XOKUF0H1ZH8FFPPbQgUnEWZHEHtnrSe4uBYlbinLorTXZmAyT_YzZCJxUyuE-4M=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

There's even more stuff under the spare tire cover with jumper cables, zip ties, baseballs, gloves and whatever else I can squeeze into the spare wheel.

Last edited:

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I double side velcro everything in the trunk and stack them

From the left side of the cargo net is the box of velcro. Haven't figured out where to store it yet. The black square with plastic next to it are rubber chock blocks, the two black bags on the right are rolled up Traction Mats for this winter.
cr_E6ZFmZM1Mbw1RZy1rwZwZOcq5rEuNCkz7kDWSvam6Mb5OSOgnR5-lmPIamCip8Tdi7MMoe1O5JlkOw=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

On the left is my socket kit on top, then a red plug kit in the middle, and a jump starter that uses a super-capacitor that it never needs to be charged. The small orange box next to it is a nut extractor set, and on top of it is a tubular lock pick set .
YIA81bwCGlyxq3lhGCRFPfrULnE1j9E1ko-6Ds_49w-GBA4yZ4O__khDG48lh6CP86u2xtB9PnsZ_xEcw=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

The back left corner is an electric bottle jack, and on top next to it in the black box is an electric impact wrench. The clear box is a bunch of retainer clips and the orange box under it is a caliper wind back set and the netting on the floor is just an extra one I had laying around.
G6ufL81YP0AdOKpdyeAY88_3k45SEtfogX7QLFeePo2t-bc-CWFvJVTULLe_ExCfLltxicMX-JO8Db3gc=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

The Nike duffel is filled with racquetball, boxing and gym stuff. The compartment to the right has all the cleaning & detailing supplies including a can of Lysol for when the HVAC or convertible top starts to smell funny. Behind all the bottles & microfiber is a tool bag and air compressor. The orange TEKTON box has a torque wrench inside
r2jiZpSfdfIOQx6HA2bIgzgjrXBkWm0bQgAQ3WrUYyKI2OJG2LAS9rywcpWwXGoKL56rhSjFfHMN-QWmI=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

Left side of trunk lid is just boxes of band aids and Nitrile gloves. In the middle is my army first aid kit with work gloves on each side. Right side is another first aid kid, medical tape and a tourniquet.
snzMSjdb4Qz53t8ye8XOKUF0H1ZH8FFPPbQgUnEWZHEHtnrSe4uBYlbinLorTXZmAyT_YzZCJxUyuE-4M=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

There's even more stuff under the spare tire cover with jumper cables, zip ties, baseballs, gloves and whatever else I can squeeze into the spare wheel.
Where did you find the netting for the underside of your trunklid? Is that fitted for a mustang?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Where did you find the netting for the underside of your trunklid? Is that fitted for a mustang?
^^^^
This, I'd love to know where you hot that (or how you made it) as well!

I also have questions about the electric bottle jack. Does it actually fit under the Mustang?
Sponsored