Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
No Lift Shift was #1 reason I got rid of my power pack and went to Steeda tune. I was constantly having it engage on me because my foot was touching the clutch slightly to much when heavily accelerating through gears
Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
No Lift Shift was #1 reason I got rid of my power pack and went to Steeda tune. I was constantly having it engage on me because my foot was touching the clutch slightly to much when heavily accelerating through gears
Putting aside NLS, do you see an improvement with the Steeda tune? More power? Better power band?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I had a PP1 so I can't compare pp2 to Steeda tune and CAI
I will tell you that I noticed a big difference over pp1 with Steeda. their tune has been flawless and runs super smooth. It's a 91 and above tune so I don't have to worry about gas if I can only get 91 octane. Also it gives me flexibility to have a SCT tuner in case I want to install a manifold or headers or sell the stuff when I sell the car where Fords product is married to you and the car only, no transfer allowed.
Lastly I trust Steeda as they are very reputable and I know they make a safe tune.
I would recommend Steeda over FP

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have a PP1, mainly for warranty. Eventually I'd like to install headers and a '18+ intake manifold, so I will need an aftermarket tune.

I looked at your signature. Your car is nicely upgraded. Must feel fantastic!

I am on a similar upgrade path. I already have BMR CB005 and Steeda alignment kit installed. GT350 STB, Ford perf. oil seperator, hood struts & Steeda clutch spring/perch. Waiting to install: GT350 half shafts, Steeda Hpipe, BMR TCA048 & CB762, BG Synco 2 transmission fluid, FTBR shfter bracket and Bullitt shift knob. After all that I will evaluate whether I do gears & headers. I will also move on to suspension(minimum drop) and wheels next year.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I am very happy with it for now, contemplating installing 18-19 manifold that I got off a brand new 19 but not sure it’s worth it, may just sell it
Looks like you have a lot of mod fun in your future, seems like a solid plan other than be careful with headers...loud!

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, I am very happy with it for now, contemplating installing 18-19 manifold that I got off a brand new 19 but not sure it’s worth it, may just sell it
Looks like you have a lot of mod fun in your future, seems like a solid plan other than be careful with headers...loud!
Yeah, the headers are actually quite low on the priorities. Not fond of loud cars and the cost is quite high. After I finish installing what is already in my garage, I might stop there. Ideally I'd like to focus on building a drag dedicated car eventually, so it would be redundant to go down the road of squeezing more power out of this car and then build another car to actually race. I think with the list of mods I've done & are waiting to be done, it will be a great street car, fun to drive and good street mannerisms.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
not sure what is wrong with your PP2, but i noticed right off the bat after install the difference. lots more power off the line. i go through the first 3 gears faster then before. i don't regret at all.
Same. First time driving it with the PP2 blew my mind with the difference....feels like a different car. Much better power delivery, sound and drivability than stock.

The extra torque down low was a shock to me and it really makes every day driving much easier than before. Accelerating is more enjoyable because the power delivery is more linear and they smoothed out the poor stock power curve. Throttle response is so much better (less delay) and now my rev-matches are a lot better as a result. Maybe less rev-hang than the stock tune too? Exhaust sounds slightly louder, more aggressive and also pops on deceleration. The intake adds induction sound to the cabin and even outside..... That paired with my exhaust and it sounds seriously pissed off when on the throttle....love it!

Only issue is the no-lift shit feature. Turns out it works great and is so satisfying.....shocked by the fact I can near redline shift with little to no thud/jerk, like butter. However the stupid thing engages, sputters and makes me look like a fool at bad times, when I don't want it to.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
johnD.....I agree with you about the ford performance pack 2. I can't tell much of a difference either and I don't even track my car. I'm just a weekend joy driver who likes to do pulls from 0-80mph occasionally. I have the Steeda clutch spring installed on my 17GT and I get a "stuttering" feel when I do that "no lift shift". I'm going to keep it because it's married to my car and can't get my money back...If I had to do it over again, probably would just of kept my $800 in my pocket,
Ditch the Steeda spring and go back to the stock one and then practice really quick clutch releases. That "mostly" fixed the misfiring on shifts problem for me. I just wish I could turn the damn NLS off, it is useless.

There is nothing wrong with my PP2 install, it was professionally done so I would keep my engine warranty and there are no codes and no problems. But the data does not lie, I got exactly the same top speed on the back straight of the track I most frequently run, 145 mph, as I did with the stock tune. The graphs for performance show pretty minimal gains here and there on the track, but it is neither here nor there in lap times, they are virtually identical.

The change in the throttle response has made the car more difficult to drive, it's got a kind of on/off switch feel to it at times, though I have managed to figure that out. Because this kit makes more torque gain and not so much horsepower, I decided to try running fewer revs and go up a gear in most places on the track, using the torque instead of the rpm. This paid off big time as I ran a lap a full second faster than my previous best, this despite being down 2 mph in top speed on the longest straight. Bonus is less engine wear and heat.

But to say you could feel a difference, I think that's wishful thinking at best. Seriously, you are not going to "feel" 21 HP in a car already making 435 hp and weighing 3700 lbs or more, only hard data will tell you if it's better or not.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
Ditch the Steeda spring and go back to the stock one and then practice really quick clutch releases. That "mostly" fixed the misfiring on shifts problem for me. I just wish I could turn the damn NLS off, it is useless.

There is nothing wrong with my PP2 install, it was professionally done so I would keep my engine warranty and there are no codes and no problems. But the data does not lie, I got exactly the same top speed on the back straight of the track I most frequently run, 145 mph, as I did with the stock tune. The graphs for performance show pretty minimal gains here and there on the track, but it is neither here nor there in lap times, they are virtually identical.

The change in the throttle response has made the car more difficult to drive, it's got a kind of on/off switch feel to it at times, though I have managed to figure that out. Because this kit makes more torque gain and not so much horsepower, I decided to try running fewer revs and go up a gear in most places on the track, using the torque instead of the rpm. This paid off big time as I ran a lap a full second faster than my previous best, this despite being down 2 mph in top speed on the longest straight. Bonus is less engine wear and heat.

But to say you could feel a difference, I think that's wishful thinking at best. Seriously, you are not going to "feel" 21 HP in a car already making 435 hp and weighing 3700 lbs or more, only hard data will tell you if it's better or not.
21 hp is only peak gains. It’s more like 30hp and 40 torque in curve gains.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I know I could definitely feel the difference aftef mine was installed. NLS doesn't really bother me much. I usually shift right before it kicks in. I did notice the slight stutter once or twice, but not that big of a deal for me. I would do it again.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
What would be the point if you didn't feel a difference? Go back to stock and sell it then...

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What would be the point if you didn't feel a difference? Go back to stock and sell it then...
You can't sell it, it's married to your VIN. I'm puzzled how some don't feel a difference.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
You can't sell it, it's married to your VIN. I'm puzzled how some don't feel a difference.
My guess is either there is something wrong or they aren't driving the car hard enough to tell. My car was night and day difference. I picked up 5 mph in the 1/4 mile which validated my butt dyno. Even the sound was noticeably more aggressive. It felt like such a turd when I had to het it returned back to stock for a couple weeks before I could install my E-force 2300 SC. Currently I'm looking to use the pp2 tb and cai along with a aftermarket tune to take the stock sc kit up a notch.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
"I just bought a 19GT PP1 and don't need the new-in-box power pack 2 that I bought for $611 shipped just two months ago. I'll sell to anyone who wants it for less than my cost; $580 plus shipping to you. Paypal only."

Guys, someone needs to buy my new, never used, PP2. Prices have gone up. :)

Make offer!

Last edited:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't forget the F150 manifold if you're a closet Camaro lover and never rev the engine over 4,000rpm.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X