Spinning Tires

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
How the heck do i get this thing to spin the tires? I have a 2019 GT PP1 A10. Currently running 295/30-20 Michelin PS4S on rear. I tried various driving modes and ensure traction control off. Could only get tires to break loose in straight line in drag race mode. Car seems to come off the line civialized, then its hold tight as it hits 100 very fast. Line lock works fine by the way. Dazed and confused :headbang:
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to be the next cars and coffee you tube hero?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Soooooo your sayin you want to not have traction?

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
So everyone is trying to find traction and this guy cant break traction?

Hold the traction control toggle up for approx. 8 sec. until advanced trac is off

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Soooooo your sayin you want to not have traction?
I guess every once in awhile it’s fun.... but tires are too expensive to burn them up. As far as the OP, I too cannot break them loose even with AT off in Track mode. It just hooks and goes. Maybe in cooler weather it’s a different story. It could be the Conti DWS06 265-35-20 tires. I had the same tires, different size 225-60-18, on my 2011 300C and with my custom tune it would smoke them with no problems and it had 50 less HP than this GT.

6076785B-FD87-4CEC-8AC0-EBA66BC18005.jpeg

C0939A41-DEAC-4F50-9CD3-E84B577A9E1F.jpeg

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ok kids. Here’s a little fun fact. These cars come equipped with line lock. Hit your line lock button. Start a burn out. And while your still on the gas peddle. Release the line lock button and hold on. It should look something like this if you do it right. If you do it wrong. Make sure your insurance is current and up to date.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How the heck do i get this thing to spin the tires? I have a 2019 GT PP1 A10. Currently running 295/30-20 Michelin PS4S on rear. I tried various driving modes and ensure traction control off. Could only get tires to break loose in straight line in drag race mode. Car seems to come off the line civialized, then its hold tight as it hits 100 very fast. Line lock works fine by the way. Dazed and confused :headbang:
wait until winter time when its 35F. Tires should spin easier.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe you not pressing the petal all the way to the floor.

I spun deep into third the other day in drag mode on a 90 degree day. Tires were hot. I also have 3.15 rear so I spun past 60. I was doing a pull and started to spin at the top of first.

Try this. Put in drag mode. Tc off. Do about 20 and wait for second gear shift. Pin it to the floor to get it to shift to the top of first. Then instantly into second. I can generally spin pretty good like this.

Also if you like to burn money air them up to 40-45 psi.

PS4s 275

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
The car just doesn't seem like it initially has enough grunt, then the power comes on. Surely this car has enough power to break the tires from a stop, at least a chirp. Maybe Michelin are too quiet and i do have them aired down a bit. I was just wondering if the car is limiting power to get traction. Maybe with a new tune.

This is not my first car or mustang. And yeah, i know how to use line lock and power brake!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How old are you Ken?

Keep hitting 100MPH, I'm sure it will be fine.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The car just doesn't seem like it initially has enough grunt, then the power comes on. Surely this car has enough power to break the tires from a stop, at least a chirp. Maybe Michelin are too quiet and i do have them aired down a bit. I was just wondering if the car is limiting power to get traction. Maybe with a new tune.

This is not my first car or mustang. And yeah, i know how to use line lock and power brake!
You figured out how to shut off AdvanceTrac completely yet?

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Very old, and i sold my supercharged 2013 mustang for the 2019 because of an excessive speeding ticket, the one you have to get an attorney for. I do live in a rural area and have the luxury of a lot of open roads and twisties.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Very old, and i sold my supercharged 2013 mustang for the 2019 because of an excessive speeding ticket, the one you have to get an attorney for. I do live in a rural area and have the luxury of a lot of open roads and twisties.
O.k......sounds good. I used to live in a rural area and enjoyed it, now I live in a shitty, crappy, awful, nasty city where I can't drive fast.

These cars have very little low-end grunt, they're high RPM screamers. With a manual, spinning the tires is easy-peasy. With an auto? Dunno, probably difficult to do. Especially with your wide tires that are aired-down.

What I don't understand, is that if you got wider tires in the back, and you aired them down in an attempt to get better traction off the line, why are you looking for wheel spin?

pthomas11b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT

You just answered your own question. Generally a factory built mass produced vehicle is built with features that cant be turned off unless physically disconnected to become inoperable in the vehicle. Things like traction control are programmed in the ecu and do exactly as your describing. Taking either ignition or fuel away from the engine or applying the brakes with abs to gain traction. This keeps people from wrecking the car, even though a google search proves mustang owners generally doing something stupid will encounter Murphy's Law lol.

i highly doubt any tuner is going to make themselves liable by removing factory safety features through programming or even telling you to remove or disconnect that stuff unless the car is specifically being used for racing and not being driven on public roads. Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen maybe not by the mustang owner but anyone or anything owned by others that the mustang comes into contact with.

Anyways have fun worst case slap nitrous or some power adder to make an extra 200 or whatever horsepower to kill the tires and use up any and all extra income you may have lying around or just find someone to hand it to that could use it haha.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Do you launch control on (LC on the dash) ? It activates itself even when you switch the car in the drag mode and stays on - it will kill your power at launch.
Sponsored