Sponsored

Datalog AFR bank 1 and 2 reading 0?

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Installed startup tune on my car after a shop installed turbo kit. They went to start the car up and It fires up but instantly stumbles, then dies. I was able to log a very short clip of it but the measured AFR bank 1 and 2 stay at 0.00 the entire time. Does the car need to be running for a certain time before these begin to read or is there something else wrong?

I sent tuner the log but I won't hear back from him until next week. I am just trying to ensure it isn't anything mechanical that I should address before he gets to it. Shop looked over the car numerous times and sees no mechanical issue.

19 GT, auto with Hellion sleeper kit, ID1050x, JMS BAP, E85. SCT BDX
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Installed startup tune on my car after a shop installed turbo kit. They went to start the car up and It fires up but instantly stumbles, then dies. I was able to log a very short clip of it but the measured AFR bank 1 and 2 stay at 0.00 the entire time. Does the car need to be running for a certain time before these begin to read or is there something else wrong?

I sent tuner the log but I won't hear back from him until next week. I am just trying to ensure it isn't anything mechanical that I should address before he gets to it. Shop looked over the car numerous times and sees no mechanical issue.

19 GT, auto with Hellion sleeper kit, ID1050x, JMS BAP, E85. SCT BDX
Not sure who’s doing your tuning, but odds are you’re going to have to switch to Ngauge (HP Tuners) to get it running right

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I didn't get a chance to look at dash AF gauge as the car wasnt running very long but when the installer initially started the car, he said the AFR was super rich, in the 8-9 range. I'm not sure what he did to read it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
first thing is to check and make sure all the factory wide bands are plugged in, you could have a bad 02 sensor, but unlikely it just went bad at that exact time

Sponsored

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yea, that would be something else if they both went bad at the same time. The car only has about 1k miles on it. I wasn't sure if the handheld was due for an update or maybe the tune was messed up during the loading process. Just trying to cover everything incase the tuner gives me the standard - they messed something up during install.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I am on my 3rd set of o2 sensors, both times they died together at the same time. These things are very sensative to water getting on them, so if you had any kind of moisture it can kill them quick. Are there any codes? Usually when they die they throw a P131 - P164 code.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Talked to the installer and with whatever datalogger/program he is using, the o2s were reading. Good news.

Car just running super rich. According to him the AF is reading in the 8s.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
There is a short state at which the sensors are "open" until the heaters in them get them to operating temp but that is only a few seconds. Then they go active. Possibly...possibly the overly rich start contaminated the sensors causing them to become inhibited...if that happened. Give the tuner an opportunity to tweak the cold start to get the car running. You may be fine. Better IMHO to have a rich start issue than a lean start issue.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am positive the tuner will have this ironed out in no time.
Sponsored