Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
'splain this FedEx shipping.

I'm in Scottsdale AZ. Something I ordered left China Tuesday morning. It arrived in Oakland, CA around dawn. Was in Memphis a few hours later. Then arrived in Phoenix a few minutes after that.

The only possible explanation is the CIA rerouted my shipment to their inspection center in Memphis and then used teleportation to stick it back in the regular pipeline in Phoenix.
  • Tuesday , 7/16/2019
    5:28 pm
    PHOENIX, AZ
    At destination sort facility
  • 4:48 pm
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Departed FedEx location
  • 11:58 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Arrived at FedEx location
  • 6:12 am
    OAKLAND, CA
    Departed FedEx location
  • 3:34 am
    SHANGHAI CN
    In transit
  • 1:11 am
    SHANGHAI CN
    In transit
  • 1:06 am
    SHANGHAI CN
    International shipment release - Import
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
DST is a b---- isn't it?

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
What did you order, a flux capacitor?

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Memphis is customs. Everything has to go through customs even if only the paperwork electronically passes through.
I recently had 4 pkgs go into Memphis and 3 come out. 3 delivered to CA on the holiday week so we let it ride.
After having to contact China to contact their shipper to contact Fed Up to search for the missing carton... they finally delivered it a week later ?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
DST doesn't explain going from Oakland to Memphis to Phoenix.
I was responding to the teleportation comment.

Memphis is customs. Everything has to go through customs even if only the paperwork electronically passes through.
I recently had 4 pkgs go into Memphis and 3 come out. 3 delivered to CA on the holiday week so we let it ride.
After having to contact China to contact their shipper to contact Fed Up to search for the missing carton... they finally delivered it a week later ?
That happens when you are shipping into other countries as well. It's not unusual for customs to delay things.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
FedEx is always F ing up shipments

JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP / 2018 Mustang EB Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Rover nailed it. Memphis is the hub for FedEx and anything coming into the country will go there before for customs prior to being shipped to the receiver. UPS is the same way but with Louisville being the hub.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FedEx is always F ing up shipments
My experience has been the opposite. I ship very expensive equipment fairly frequently. Used FedEx for years, never had a problem. Company switched accounts to UPS and they lost an $8000 item. In the nearest hub to our city. We went back to FedEx, never had a problem again - and it's been probably 3 or 4 years since then.

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
My experience has been the opposite. I ship very expensive equipment fairly frequently. Used FedEx for years, never had a problem. Company switched accounts to UPS and they lost an $8000 item. In the nearest hub to our city. We went back to FedEx, never had a problem again - and it's been probably 3 or 4 years since then.
Entirely possible I believe to have a problem with either one on any given day. I've used all 3 major players over ten years with a mixed bag of results.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Entirely possible I believe to have a problem with either one on any given day. I've used all 3 major players over ten years with a mixed bag of results.
I see you're in SoCal - Anaheim CA was the UPS hub that lost our equipment, stay clear LOL.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've also not had damage while something was in FedEx hands but still didn't like to receive things via FedEx for many years. I'm talking about shipments that the sender didn't care. UPS would always just leave packages. For awhile FedEx insisted on a blanket release for anything left which I refused. So, I often didn't get a FedEx shipment on the normal delivery date. One reason I didn't give them a blanket release is FedEx once left me a huge box of confidential Ford documents that should have gone to 5 houses away where a Ford employee lived. Apparently HE gave FedEx a release. LoL At some point, FedEx started leaving packages without any release. It was never about shipments being stolen or UPS would have been the same. Virtually no premeditated crime partially because I am on a dead end road with my house about as far from the only exit as a nearby police station.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
FedEx pissed me off last time I used them. I requested a delivery location change (deliver to a holding center) and it delayed it by three full days. I event went to pick it up from distribution and they politely told me to piss off, because it was “already on a truck somewhere for the new destination”... two days before it was delivered???

On top of that, the original delivery date was on a Friday and for no foreseeable reason to me, it was changed to Monday.. so that kicked the whole snowball effect off.
Sponsored