Groaning/buzzing 2019 GT

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I've just installed a Steeda G-trac extreme K brace (and Ford performance sway bars last week).

When driving at slowish speeds (35-50) I get an intermittent 'buzzing' or groaning from what I think is the front left wheel. I can feel it through my feet as well... What's weird is that the sound is the same each time, same groaning uuhhhhUUHHHHHHuuhhh pitch and tone, almost like a motor is kicking on and off.

No sound at all when cornering. This leads me to think the sway bars are greased well.

Any ideas? I've visually checked everything... sounds like it's from the front left.
Sponsored

OP
OP
acemastr

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
So this started immediately after swaybar install?
More like after the brace install.

I can't help but think it isn't the sway bar due to it only happening in a straight line at slowish speeds, not noise at all when cornering.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Could it be drivers side K attachment point is rubbing against the sub-frame when unloaded as you drive in a straight line? When you corner, you are loading the brace and altering the clearance enough to stop the buzz. I would back off both bolts, check the brace side-to-side clearance, center it the best you can and torque the bolts down evenly a little bit on each side until the bolts are torqued all the way.

OP
OP
acemastr

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
So I got under the car and noticed the transmission cooler lines were touching the brace, put a piece of tubing around the cooler lines and the noise is still present so it's not that.

The front mounts are touching the subframe as they are angled forwards for some reason, as can be seen below:
dpOZy2T.jpg

@SteedaTech any thoughts?

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So I got under the car and noticed the transmission cooler lines were touching the brace, put a piece of tubing around the cooler lines and the noise is still present so it's not that.

The front mounts are touching the subframe as they are angled forwards for some reason, as can be seen below:
dpOZy2T.jpg

@SteedaTech any thoughts?
Good morning, if you could please pm your contact info i will reach out to you this morning.

Thanks,

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
acemastr

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Well... I took the brace off and no more noise.

Kind of disappointed as I liked the brace.

Tried re-fitting, torquing to 85lb/ft (not easy at all under the car), and placing rubber on anything that may even in the slightest vibrate.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
That sucks. Sorry to hear this. I've had mine on since October with no issues.
Sponsored