Sponsored

Steering Assist Fault Service Required Light On

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
More info did it come on and stay on or has it gone out after you turned the key off. When I bought my 13 Escape new it would give me steering fault every once in awhile then it finally quit giving me the error message.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Check the fuse if it's ok time to take it to the dealer and let your warranty fix it

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Fuse is good and is there a recall on this steering BS?
Ford doesn't do recalls. There might be a TSB, but that doesn't really matter. Just take it to the dealership and let them fix it.

Cars break, that's why they have warranties.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wife's 2013 Taurus did this before we traded it. $2000 fix if you are out of warranty or don't have a connection for a parts discount.

Ford in fact had a recall on them in the Flex and Taurus but her's didn't fall into the VIN window Ford said. I was on the phone with quite a few people at Ford CS about this. Aggravating as F!

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Ragtop
You have a poor ground wire connection. Had same thing happen to me.
Check ground on passenger strut tower, especially if you have installed a catch can, as some people reinstall the ground on top of catch can frame. Ground must be installed where it directly contacts the frame.

Even though it may not “feel” loose, it may be. Make sure to scuff paint under the ground connection and tighten it good.

I did this with mine, and instantly,everything was back online.

stephenortiz147

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017
If you bought car with this problem, next time you can avoid it buy checking your car's vehicle history. And you don't need to pay for it. I think it's better to check VIN number with Vinchain https://vinchain.io . You no longer need to use carfax. Vinchain has everything you can find in Carfax and pictures of vehicles and their service will be available on blockchain soon. I think they will change automotive industry in future and replace Carfax. You can use VINCHAIN vehicle history service for free for a limited time https://vinchain.io/report/check Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Check ground on passenger strut tower, especially if you have installed a catch can, as some people reinstall the ground on top of catch can frame. Ground must be installed where it directly contacts the frame.

Even though it may not “feel” loose, it may be. Make sure to scuff paint under the ground connection and tighten it good.

@DavidHuff , just for clarity, was it the ground as suggested above?

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 2.3L Turbo Premium Mustang Convertible (almost FBO and FP Tune)
Hey guys I just experienced this for the first time, as I was driving on freeway.. freaked me out, thought the car turned off..

Pulled over to the side, turned it on and off a few times for it to go away...

I have not looked under the hood, I’m going to checkout what @Jpol908 said

gatornek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost

Thank you sir. This had me spinning for the better part of 48 hours as I mulled it over and dealt with 8 hour "sleep times" for the PCM that had been suggested. LOL. To be fair with myself, when I first saw that installing the UPR catchcan meant "changing ground", I was a little apprehensive of the possible ramifications. Theoretically, you should NEVER mess with electrical ground, but it seems UPR could find no other place in the bay to truly implement their design. But when it first happened, it didn't really lead me to chase this avenue first, because it seemed to be ONLY the power steering. I just figured I either fried something or popped a fuse somewhere. I would've thought that a bad ground would've caused more "widespread electrical gremlins"?

Anyway, it was this post that got me to go check it, scuff the he11 out of the can, and when i recranked, everything was good.

Thanks again!!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had the power steering go out every time I turned hard and come out on out of nowhere. Turned out that someone unplugged the power rack and didn’t plug it all the way back in so the plug would move enough to lose connection. It really sucked
Sponsored