Sponsored

Steeda’s New S550 Road Racing K-member

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Probably so. A good battery impact gun is worth every penny. Also the pry tool for removing plastic clips would keep things from getting frustrating.
Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
41 lbs off the front? Holy shit, I might put this on my modlist. Is it worth it for someone who will only occasionally track the car, mostly using it for street driving though?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
41 lbs off the front? Holy shit, I might put this on my modlist. Is it worth it for someone who will only occasionally track the car, mostly using it for street driving though?
Anyone could convince themselves of it, but I'd really say no. For a track rat or someone that does tons of events (autocross, HPDE, TT, etc) a year, absolutely.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Did you figure out what difference between the drag and this one is?
Increased Wall thickness and added gussets in key areas.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Getting something like this k-member, new tubular front crash bar, and relocating the battery to the rear would reduce a significant amount of front end weight. Any actual weights that could be estimated going this route?

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Well I will re-scale my car when I am done. I have don all the modifications you have mentioned. I will post ny scale numbers from last time when I am on my phone.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
This was before I changed out subframe, battery, intercooler, intercooler reservoir and hood.
20181007_171706.jpg
20181007_171653.jpg

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After installing this, are there still correct provisions to mount the base GT or PP belly pans or a carbon fiber front splitter?

Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
The short answer is no, but I am having great luck using P-clips like you would use to mount a wire Harness. I just re-used my hardware clips on them. Looks perfectly stock and is actually more sturdy. I will get pictures soon.

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
Production units for final testing on our HPDE and #20 T1 SCCA/FARA Mustang!
IMG_9906.jpg
@SteedaTech: Can you please give details of the strength of the Road Racing K-member? Please refer to the table in the link below.
https://stockcarsteel.com/dom-steel-tube-drawn-over-mandrel/
Yield Strength, Tensile Strength and the chemical composition of the material would be helpful. With these data it is possible here in Germany to obtain a road approval by a certified engineer of a technical testing laboratory like TUV or DEKRA. Thanks!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
@SteedaTech: Can you please give details of the strength of the Road Racing K-member? Please refer to the table in the link below. Yield Strength, Tensile Strength and the chemical composition of the material would be helpful. With these data it is possible here in Germany to obtain a road approval by a certified engineer of a technical testing laboratory like TUV or DEKRA. Thanks!
Just install the part yourself and don't ask for permission.

Route_66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Conv. PP
Just install the part yourself and don't ask for permission.
No option, I'm sorry.
Here in Germany, cars have to undergo a technical test every two years at an official test center. Changes to safety-relevant components such as the K-member must be included in the vehicle documents. This is only possible with the information I requested on the stability of the tubes. Otherwise the K-member of Steeda would be noticed as being not OEM and therefore illegal.

Last edited:

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
If Steeda got the K-member TUV certified, it should help sales in Europe? Just a thought....
Sponsored