Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, in some areas 91 is the highest available. It's basically a toned down version of the 93 with less aggressive timing.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This is like 3k, there's no bouncing at the limiter because it refuses to go down in gear at all. I kinda see what you're talking about and that was an issue at one point on my V3 revision where the 4-5 (auto) shift wouldn't happen at WOT, but I'm stuck on what's happening for me (won't leave 6th above 90).
I decided to see what my never tuned car does in this scenario, and I got a damn ticket for 98 in a 70 zone!

Haha. Not really, but it would just be my luck. Sorry to hear you are still having this issue.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Still having the same issue on the revised tune and even on a stock tune no limiter that Mike sent. Anybody else (auto) have a similar issue? Not something you'll really notice in everyday driving...Above 90 then hit it, stays in 6th and crawls. Below 90 then hit it, shifts to 4th and goes.

Also, going back and forth between the 93PRX tune and the "Stock Tune no Limiter" highlights how much better the MPT one is. Way less responsive and you can just feel that it is down on power. Normally when I go out at night there isn't much going on, but last night all kinds of people wanted to go to Mexico and I just didn't want to embarrass myself like that lol.
This was tied to either my gear or tire size change settings in the BCM through Forscan. I reverted them both back to stock, reapplied my tune, and had power again above 90. After going for awhile, it kinda seemed like the issue was coming back, but my tune doesn't have the ECU/PCM strategy included in it so with the tune applied...I can't do anything in Forscan to see if the U0422 code came back again.

Will probably reach out to MPT later this week after trying it again tomorrow.

Also, a reminder to not fall for cheap gas. I filled up at a Westar because the price was 50 cents cheaper than most other stations, even filled the tank all the way. IT WAS TERRIBLE. Watching my knock sensors on the X4 I got as high as 9! After wearing it all out tonight and filling up with good gas again, back to my normal (probably would have been 0 but I was testing things and holding 4th at 120-125 does not make my knock sensors happy so it jumped to 3.9).

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Has anyone's auto ever started acting weird after retuning their car? Couple days ago I was waiting for a friend in the car so I decided to mess around with the tuner while waiting. I ended up increasing the rev limiter in neutral and the car had to redownload the tune which I think reset the ECU's learning pattern memory or whatever Ford calls it. Now the car is short shifting at 3k even when in Sport Auto mode and well over half throttle. Should I be worried or is that just the car learning my driving habits?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Relearning driving habits, you can either reflash again or do a KAM reset, I think both have a similar result. You're supposed to drive 30 miles or so "normally". I've never gotten an answer on if normal is most people normal or your own normal driving though!

Sponsored

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Relearning driving habits, you can either reflash again or do a KAM reset, I think both have a similar result. You're supposed to drive 30 miles or so "normally". I've never gotten an answer on if normal is most people normal or your own normal driving though!
Now that you mention it I did actually forget about the 30 miles thing. Went ahead and floored it right after tuning. Will try reflashing or resetting. Thanks.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Jumped on the 93 PRX bandwagon for their 7/4 sale. When WOT going from 1-2 or 2-3, my transmission shifts really hard i.e. propels you forward and is a bit clunky, is that normal? Or do I need to datalog and have something adjusted? I've driven on tune for 200 miles or so, therefore I believe I'm outside the transmission relearning time period.

Thanks in advance

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Jumped on the 93 PRX bandwagon for their 7/4 sale. When WOT going from 1-2 or 2-3, my transmission shifts really hard i.e. propels you forward and is a bit clunky, is that normal? Or do I need to datalog and have something adjusted? I've driven on tune for 200 miles or so, therefore I believe I'm outside the transmission relearning time period.

Thanks in advance
The push is normal as shifts are harder now. Tires should squeal too. As for the clunkiness I'm not sure what you mean by this but the shifts def make pulls from a dig feel harder with the trans tune

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
The push is normal as shifts are harder now. Tires should squeal too. As for the clunkiness I'm not sure what you mean by this but the shifts def make pulls from a dig feel harder with the trans tune
Sorry I didn't see you had replied. I guess the only way I can describe it is that it really bangs into gear. There's definitely an audible event when going WOT and shifting from 1-2 / 2-3 like I said - I guess I would describe it as a bit clunky, just kind of clanks hard into the next gear. Not a grinding or screeching noise but just seems a bit violent. Maybe I'm just not used to it. The tune otherwise has been fun and performing as expected.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I just loaded up my 91PRX tune and holy mother it woke the car up. I took the car out to drive it around different condition(street/Hwy/backroads) and after 35 miles of driving normally I put it in the Sport mode and pushed it to 80% throttle, however something that kinda concerned me was that at one of the pulls, around 4500rpm in 3rd gear the engine noise changed, and it almost sounded like whistling sound. I just got a bit paranoid, is that what knocking sounds like?or is this normal? If the engine knocks will it throw CEL or not?I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with this, Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I just loaded up my 91PRX tune and holy mother it woke the car up. I took the car out to drive it around different condition(street/Hwy/backroads) and after 35 miles of driving normally I put it in the Sport mode and pushed it to 80% throttle, however something that kinda concerned me was that at one of the pulls, around 4500rpm in 3rd gear the engine noise changed, and it almost sounded like whistling sound. I just got a bit paranoid, is that what knocking sounds like?or is this normal? If the engine knocks will it throw CEL or not?I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with this, Thanks in advance.

Aftermarket intake or stock? At higher RPMs my Roush intake sounds a bit off but hasn't caused any issues and I'm just being too lazy to check the connection of the filter.

If you connect your X4 to the computer, you can load the MPT config file to it and then watch the X4 to monitor the knock sensor while you're driving. I wouldn't worry about it all the time, but you can definitely check it occasionally. Positive numbers = bad, negative = good.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I'm on stock intake, before tune the sound of the engine didn't change at higher rpms and that's why I got paranoid about it. Ok I'll monitor the knock sensor for couple of days, hopefully it's nothing. Thanks

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Okay, so far so good, on my lunch break, I hooked up the SCT and pulled up the shock sensor and on the center gauge the A/F ratio. As far as the knock sensor parameters go, everything was negative to zero. only one time I saw it go to 0.2 and quickly came back to zero. My A/F ratio at idle is 13.9 to 14.2 and during WOT it varied between 11.6 to 12. but boy it yanks shifting in S from 1 to 2, holy cow. I should refrain from driving in S , I'm pretty sure it will break something in drive-train if I use it often. but it's so fun, before I used to try to catch up with the rest of the traffic at traffic lights, if I wanted to keep up I had to push the gas well over 50% to keep up. Now with 25% throttle I easily keep up and with 50% the rest of the traffic is in my rear view mirrors. I'll still have to do a proper recorded data log though.

When I'm in S if I shift early(below 3000) from 1-2 the shift is firm but smooth, but if it goes over 3000rpm the shifts get exponentially harsher, is this normal?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it'll shift a lot harder with the tune on and don't be afraid of S. I did the Sync 3 swap on mine and have the other drive modes, usually drive in either Sport+ or Track modes personally, feels way better.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Yeah I agree I tried the S+ also and it was much mellower than the S. S should stands for "See if something breaks" mode :D JK
Sponsored