Sponsored

Timeline for Remote tuning

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Those of you who have went through the remote tuning process. Meaning, get a base file, data log, get them reviewed, and a new file sent back.

From start to finish for tuning your setup on 93, and E85, about how long in total time frame did it take to finish the process? How many revisions? What was your setup?

How long was it from when you sent a data log, until you received a revision?

Let's leave out specific tuners, just the general overall time frame.
Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
I bought over the weekend.

Had first file on the Monday and had a drivable car the same day after some data logging.

Was a day later for the final tune but this was down to me not the tuner.

Think you will find it depends on how busy a tuner is that day etc and how quick you get the logs back to them.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Driveable and wot free in like 2 business days for 91, then 1 day for E85. But I'm still not finalized last revision. Fighting weather and car issues getting the final revision track tuned. Going on 8 months now. LOL

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we tune with lund, sai li, aed, oz, lund is probably the quickest just because of the larger dedicated staff, but all the guys do a great job

feel free to visit our tune town, and hit me up with any question you have

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/tune-town.html

beef
855-tbr-race

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A little longer for me. Tuner currently on Vaca. Currently dead in the water. Everyone deserves a Vaca though.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
About 7 business days or so for me using Lund Racing after installing fuel system so that accounts for initial idle, rev hold, slow rpm climbs with 93 all the way to WOT to 7500 on E85.

OP
OP

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Interesting, I'm at 2.5 weeks so far, 5 revisions, just 93. Still have E85 to go. I can go wot to 8000, but still have some drivability issues. Last revision sent was last Friday morning, with a returned log a few hours later. Radio silence all week so far.

Just curious what everyone else's experiences have been.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lund remote tuned my car in about 5 hours.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Manual shift cars take less time and fewer revisions -- obvious statement -- than autos. So that has much to do with it. Lund is very quick with their updates. I am ready for track passes but weather has been a major player. Engine wise mine was done in about 5 revisions as I recall...a little more than a turn-key SC package. Trans wise we are on a second revision prior to the track because the car failed to make the 2-3 shift on a street roll. Had them lower shifts to 7000 or less to insure proper shift once I am able to get to the track so we can then sneak up on a 7500 RPM WOT shift point. Weather and current work schedule is hampering that as well.

How quickly you get your datalogging collected and sent back and how specific you are on drive ability will depend on the process. Some tuners offer expedition options for a small fee. Of the tuners mentioned, Lund and VMP are good and I have dealt with them personally.

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Lund about three days, and 3V. The car also passed NYS inspection a week later... I was very happy... They make very quick work of it... if everything is working as it should on your car. The trouble that most good tuners run into is "something isn't working as it should" on your car. Then you go into troubleshoot mode, this can take a lot of time, knowledge and effort.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Interesting, I'm at 2.5 weeks so far, 5 revisions, just 93. Still have E85 to go. I can go wot to 8000, but still have some drivability issues. Last revision sent was last Friday morning, with a returned log a few hours later. Radio silence all week so far.

Just curious what everyone else's experiences have been.
PBD? Jon Jr (Lund) tunes my car and I get multiple revisions a day. PBD tunes a buddy's car and he is lucky to get two a week. The base 93 will take about 5 revisions and E85 3ish. All depends on how tuning goes and if any issues come up. You should be doing WOT pulls after 2-3 revisions.
Sponsored