Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So basically a car modded to be a race car only, that will live just a few passes, is now a street daily driver. Most of you examples are RACE SHOPS....That can fix the cars they break as they are chasing times. I guess these are your example of lightly modded cars. Fine I will let this just die off. The race shop cars that can takeout a stock GT500. Oh man...Ford is building a clunker. Because stock longblocks all are the rage. Hell Ford should have just used the 5.0 motor.
Hard to believe guys owning mustangs are so uninformed about other mustang products. You could literally take 5 secs to loom at the huge 1\4 mile thread to see all of the 9 sec daily’s beating the ZR1 Hennessy world record time and the majority of demons and hellcats. For a fraction of the cost. 40k plus 20k will get you a 9sec daily beating pretty much anything you encounter. Thats something any Ford guy should be proud of.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well it looks like you boys f@#ked up another GT500 thread with this petty bullish!t. Its mind boggling the amount of misinformation getting slinged around in this thread. It doesn’t take a full blown race car to run 9s in a 5.0! It takes a decent build and favorable weather conditions. Nothing more. I’ll be happy to show you guys this fall. You don’t need a ton of fancy suspension. And the cars won’t break after a few passes. I have about 50 passes on the 93 octane tune. At about 700whp. That netted me a 10.2 second pass. With the edition of e85. This car will run 9s for about 55 grand all in. If you guys that are purchasing GT500s thinks it takes a race car. Get a clue! The GT500 will run 10s stock on stock tires. And will easily run 8s once the tuners get a hold of one. And you slap as set of sticky tires on it. All you have to do is look at the cars that are all ready out there with a comparable sized blower. To figure that out. So the wipple/boosted guys. Can quit trying to tear the GT500 down! Arguing about if the GT500 is worth the price or not is stupid. People value different things.

Last edited:

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Nah, ford has been making in excess of 5000 units of the 350 in 16/17/18. 19 was a little lower, probably 3000.

I believe in 17 along with Rs it’s well into the 6000 units, 6848 I believe.

906 were Rs.

A lot of 350s have been made now, rarity is dropping. I figure there’re 2000 Rs for sure now and will be close to 3000 for 2020.
Yea i saw the same production numbers but wasnt going to argue. Even with 15k+ 350s in the market ive seen under 4 and ive only seen one of the 2,000 Rs and thats cause its in my buddies garage.

Building 5,000 GT500s is still gonna make this car rare to see other then at a track or Ford event. For example there are 3,000 counties in the US so that would be on average 1.5 GT500s per county per year. 3 or 4 year run of GT500s is still under 6 on average per county.
Of course you fancy guys in Cali, Texas and Florida will have more.

None of this matters just interesting to me.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Hard to believe guys owning mustangs are so uninformed about other mustang products. You could literally take 5 secs to loom at the huge 1\4 mile thread to see all of the 9 sec daily’s beating the ZR1 Hennessy world record time and the majority of demons and hellcats. For a fraction of the cost. 40k plus 20k will get you a 9sec daily beating pretty much anything you encounter. Thats something any Ford guy should be proud of.
I do understand that. I understand all of this. But spending 20K+ in MY book is not slightly modded. You are sitting at 60K+ car or more in total. I know they are well capable of running 9's or 8's. I have friends with those cars that they street race ! Sure ! But they did not simply buy a blower and fuel and do this. To me, that is slightly modded. Lets say 10k or less is slightly modded for F/I. You start spending north of 20k you left slightly land a few thousands back. But that is my humble opinion and wallet I guess.

I still think the GT500 will surprise quite a few. As of now we only have bench racing...and that is just with the HP and TQ numbers. Bloody O we do not even have a official weight for the car. So we have no ideal what it will really do. I just think with the transmission it will have and the power it will put down, I think it will be highly capable in the 1/4. STOCK. Add a tune and e85, and some grip, then a SLIGHTLY modded GT500 will put thehurt on a whole lot of cars out there and will still be able to do turns as well.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do understand that. I understand all of this. But spending 20K+ in MY book is not slightly modded. You are sitting at 60K+ car or more in total. I know they are well capable of running 9's or 8's. I have friends with those cars that they street race ! Sure ! But they did not simply buy a blower and fuel and do this. To me, that is slightly modded. Lets say 10k or less is slightly modded for F/I. You start spending north of 20k you left slightly land a few thousands back. But that is my humble opinion and wallet I guess.

I still think the GT500 will surprise quite a few. As of now we only have bench racing...and that is just with the HP and TQ numbers. Bloody O we do not even have a official weight for the car. So we have no ideal what it will really do. I just think with the transmission it will have and the power it will put down, I think it will be highly capable in the 1/4. STOCK. Add a tune and e85, and some grip, then a SLIGHTLY modded GT500 will put thehurt on a whole lot of cars out there and will still be able to do turns as well.
I’m not worried about it. BAt $75k the GT500 is a steal. Some Roush’s are $75k and are No comparison to a GT500. Which was what I was prepared to pay for a roush Jackhammer before I gained my senses. And the GT500 is a beautiful car. Best looking mustang ever made in my book. But Dealers asking $160k is going to bring out price and performance comparisons.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not worried about it. BAt $75k the GT500 is a steal. Some Roush’s are $75k and are No comparison to a GT500. Which was what I was prepared to pay for a roush Jackhammer before I gained my senses. And the GT500 is a beautiful car. Best looking mustang ever made in my book. But Dealers asking $160k is going to bring out price and performance comparisons.
I agree. I live in S. FL. The place where I see 5 Ferrari's, 8 Lambo's, 10 Bently's and just way to many BMW's Mercs, Audi's yada yada ....basically to many to name or count daily. Lol and most of those are modded or have some crazy wrap job or paint ! So people spending north of 100k will be nothing. That just makes it bad for people like me because dealers will ask 150k and get it. Hell my dealer already did it ! (Or so the manager claim...but in truth I believe him.) So as I said in the other thread, I'll be waiting 2~3 years. By then the hype hopefully wears off and people can buy without giving their first born as part of the deal. (And yes I know there are msrp deals out there....but I should not have to buy in Montana when I live in Miami !)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree. I live in S. FL. The place where I see 5 Ferrari's, 8 Lambo's, 10 Bently's and just way to many BMW's Mercs, Audi's yada yada ....basically to many to name or count daily. Lol and most of those are modded or have some crazy wrap job or paint ! So people spending north of 100k will be nothing. That just makes it bad for people like me because dealers will ask 150k and get it. Hell my dealer already did it ! (Or so the manager claim...but in truth I believe him.) So as I said in the other thread, I'll be waiting 2~3 years. By then the hype hopefully wears off and people can buy without giving their first born as part of the deal. (And yes I know there are msrp deals out there....but I should not have to buy in Montana when I live in Miami !)
Montana is a stretch.. you can do better if flexible.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Montana is a stretch.. you can do better if flexible.
Lol Tom, I know, exaggerated a bit for sure, but you get my point. I'll enjoy my 350 for a bit more. I mean she does have spanking new R engine in her :) Hopefully I can see yours at a event when you get it. :like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lol Tom, I know, exaggerated a bit for sure, but you get my point. I'll enjoy my 350 for a bit more. I mean she does have spanking new R engine in her :) Hopefully I can see yours at a event when you get it. :like:
If I can help on your search, let me know. However you have to be flexible.

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I had to order mine from the opposite coast but it was worth it. Going so far to save that much money was not a hard decision. I wish you all good luck with getting you cars.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
I had to order mine from the opposite coast but it was worth it. Going so far to save that much money was not a hard decision. I wish you all good luck with getting you cars.
I was able to get allocation for a 2020 Shelby GT500 BASE (NO OPTIONS) for MSRP+ 2K from a South/Ca. Ford Dealer!!!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
if you think 9s are fast, i dont know what else to say to you. if you think stock motor 8s are not highly modded or on severely borrowed time, i dont know what else to say. the fact you brought Hennessey into the equation tells actual car people, everything we were thinking.. you know nothing :)

40+20 is 60 right, so at 80 + 2k, i have a better car, with much more potential and a unique appeal. sounds like a win

Well it looks like you boys f@#ked up another GT500 thread with this petty bullish!t. Its mind boggling the amount of misinformation getting slinged around in this thread. It doesn’t take a full blown race car to run 9s in a 5.0! It takes a decent build and favorable weather conditions. Nothing more. I’ll be happy to show you guys this fall. You don’t need a ton of fancy suspension. And the cars won’t break after a few passes. I have about 50 passes on the 93 octane tune. At about 700whp. That netted me a 10.2 second pass. With the edition of e85. This car will run 9s for about 55 grand all in. If you guys that are purchasing GT500s thinks it takes a race car. Get a clue! The GT500 will run 10s stock on stock tires. And will easily run 8s once the tuners get a hold of one. And you slap as set of sticky tires on it. All you have to do is look at the cars that are all ready out there with a comparable sized blower. To figure that out. So the wipple/boosted guys. Can quit trying to tear the GT500 down! Arguing about if the GT500 is worth the price or not is stupid. People value different things.
hes saying deep 9s and even 8s.. thats the issue , 9.7/145 blower and supporting is great for a 5.0, and probably where most cars will end up. he barely runs 10s with his, and now uses henessy as an example :)

Dude, you're a man child. Show that poor who's boss and post your account balances on line. You come off like a real douche.
i dont need to, ive already posted my gt500 order. thanks for playing with the adults. back to the 5.0 section now :)

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Why does every GT500 thread turn into people bashing them? Like ok you have a mustang GT you love. Awesome. People buying the GT500 are going to love their car just the same. So why do people see the need to come in and bash others? Is it jealousy they aren't able to afford one or secure an allocation? or is it they always want to have a dick swinging contest for whatever reason?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Is it jealousy they aren't able to afford one or secure an allocation? or is it they always want to have a dick swinging contest for whatever reason?
You answered your own question
If they want to do it in the 5.0 section, fine. But when they come in here to do it, thats why I show the POORS, no mercy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.