Sponsored

Loud pop noise in between shifts

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
My car recently starting making a loud pop noise during 2nd to 3rd shifts sometimes 1st to 2nd out the exhaust. I accidentally over filled the car with gas and some started to leak from underneath the car. Ran all the fuel out and refilled with more 93. Anybody experienced this before or have any idea why it's a loud pop between shifts? Thanks
Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
My car recently starting making a loud pop noise during 2nd to 3rd shifts sometimes 1st to 2nd out the exhaust. I accidentally over filled the car with gas and some started to leak from underneath the car. Ran all the fuel out and refilled with more 93. Anybody experienced this before or have any idea why it's a loud pop between shifts? Thanks
Sound like this 3-4 shift? If so, I think it's the rev limiter but not 100% sure.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Sorry I should've clarified its during normal driving. Just riding around town

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Sorry I should've clarified its during normal driving. Just riding around town
Just took my car in for that and coming out of gear occasionally, you should take it in to Ford if you still have a warranty.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah mine as well, nothing crazy loud but it pops sometimes ..she still drives normal and when she gets play time still accels hard.. mine doesnt do it when im on it just moderate driving or light driving ...
i figure it either loading up in between shifts when im driving light ..

yeah im fi as well i hear its common to have some not like gunshot crap but slight pop here and there

Last edited:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Whoa... might want to check that for backfire.

You DONT want backfire/detonation in the exhaust. Sounds cool n all, but lifting an exhaust valve into a moving piston can be fatal for valve train and engine.

Silly exhaust valves are only good at holding combustion pressure if its inside cylinder, not outside.
Sponsored