Sponsored

I don’t hear the cooling fan of the engine any more when parked.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Even living in Texas mine doesn’t kick on as often as I’d think it would.

I’ve noticed it really pumping away twice. Once being as I was pulling in the garage the other day. It was brutally hot out.
I’m only talking about when it is ignition off. And parked. The fan used to kick on by itself to cool the engine and you would feel the heat blowing out the grille. Actually a really cool feature. Sounded like a jet. Lol.
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I’m only talking about when it is ignition off. And parked. The fan used to kick on by itself to cool the engine and you would feel the heat blowing out the grille. Actually a really cool feature. Sounded like a jet. Lol.
Ah I see!

I’ve never had mine do that.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
My 2018 gt use to do that, even when i reopen the door and close it the fan started. I ask ford if it was normal since my 2016 didn t do it. It was in april in Canada, so not a very hot weather. They said yes normal. Now i have done few visits to the dealer for maintenance and one with a check engine light. They updated the computer and now i almost never here the fan or never when it was acting before.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The fans will only kick on when needed - they don’t run when not needed; on all modern cars they are tripped by temp sensors and other PCM parameters.

If cylinder head temp reads anywhere from 215-220, the fans will kick on, that is about normal operating temp range DEPENDING ON your geographic location where exterior temps are above 65* and how the car was being operated (normal driving, aggressive driving, A/C on or A/C off).

If the cyl head temp was less than that temp range when you shut off the car, the fans aren’t going to kick on.

My 2018 does the same - sometimes when I exit the vehicle the fans are on, sometimes not.

It’s normal operation.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
My '18 with a Whipple on it only kicks on once in a while. Most of the time, the fans are off when I park and turn the car off.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I don't think I've ever heard my fans on. Like......never. And I drive in horrible traffic. Stop and go for miles and miles in searing heat.
Sponsored