NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
@UofMEngineer Could you verify at work if and when the update will be released? It's been quite a while and the official GPS fix for Apple Carplay still hasn't arrived.

(Well in unofficial 19119 it's been improved but it's time for a official fix)

eddison

@UofMEngineer Could you verify at work if and when the update will be released? It's been quite a while and the official GPS fix for Apple Carplay still hasn't arrived.

(Well in unofficial 19119 it's been improved but it's time for a official fix)
19149 is out on the web if your Google skills are good enough to find it.

Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Yes, it was dealer channel released this past weekend from memory. Wouldn't surprise me if you find it floating around. Note there's an updated App (381), Voice (391) and Gracenote (423) package over 18093.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
IIRC some build after 18093 disabled the Ford GT theme (or removed) it completely so if you have the theme like I do, revert back first. Or don't update.

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Hey BlownGP,
Can you please provide a link to the Focus RS forum?
All the Best,
Old Guard

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok, so I’m familiar with the SYNC3 and multiple threads on this site regarding it, the conversions, the updates, etc...

But, this thread is just getting really confusing....LOL. Yes, I did go to the first page of this thread as well as the last 50.... So if anyone can just answer the below questions I’m good...

1) What is the official Ford SYNC 3 release version number? When I log into the Ford Owner site and go to the SYNC update download page, I’m not seeing any Version Numbers. Is the version number only visible within the downloaded/opened zip file or does it only present itself on the SYNC screen AFTER the user has updated?

2) What is the Unofficial current release number that works without issues? In the last 3-4 pages, I see at least (3) different versions being posted by users. Sure, I know sequentially the higher the version number means it should be the most current.... but which is the most current functional version, because I’m seeing the unofficial sequential version numbers jump drastically in value.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Ok, so I’m familiar with the SYNC3 and multiple threads on this site regarding it, the conversions, the updates, etc...

But, this thread is just getting really confusing....LOL. Yes, I did go to the first page of this thread as well as the last 50.... So if anyone can just answer the below questions I’m good...

1) What is the official Ford SYNC 3 release version number? When I log into the Ford Owner site and go to the SYNC update download page, I’m not seeing any Version Numbers. Is the version number only visible within the downloaded/opened zip file or does it only present itself on the SYNC screen AFTER the user has updated?

2) What is the Unofficial current release number that works without issues? In the last 3-4 pages, I see at least (3) different versions being posted by users. Sure, I know sequentially the higher the version number means it should be the most current.... but which is the most current functional version, because I’m seeing the unofficial sequential version numbers jump drastically in value.
You'd only see a part number on the owner portal. Latest is 3.0.19149, which I believe is -AR. In NA, it's currently only available from Ford directly via dealer update. A later drop will be released via the owner portal with a later build number. The build numbers jump based on YYDDD, so 19149 = built the 149th day of 2019.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You'd only see a part number on the owner portal. Latest is 3.0.19149, which I believe is -AR. In NA, it's currently only available from Ford directly via dealer update. A later drop will be released via the owner portal with a later build number. The build numbers jump based on YYDDD, so 19149 = built the 149th day of 2019.
Yup, 19149 is the latest, but like stated a OFFICIAL release as not put up yet on the ford site.
Ok, when I’m logged into the Ford Owner portal, I click on:
Support >> Sync Software Updates >> What’s in this update?

And it shows:
JR3T-14G381-AM SYNC3 v3.0 (does this somehow correlate back to “19149”)

Downloaded it and the downloaded zip file name is the same.

I have a 2018, so I’m not seeing where you are seeing version “19149”?

Should I be going elsewhere to get the updates you all are using?
Sponsored