Sponsored

2016 GT Hood Blinker Strange Issue

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
So this by no means is a major issue, more of a strange annoyance. My 2016 GT with the hood vent blinkers has an issue.

First off, all other blinkers and fog lights work as expected, only the driver hood vent blinker has an issue:

With the hood closed, the passenger side hood vent blinker works as expected, the driver's side hood vent blinker does not function when signaling left.

Hazards on, only the passenger hood vent blinker functions.

With the hood open, when I signal right, both hood vent blinkers flash.

With the hood open, hazards on, both hood vent blinkers flash.

So I know the driver's side hood vent blinker module does operate. Short of pulling the hood mat, I looked for a bad ground / frayed wires, nothing looks out of sorts. I disconnected the battery, KAM cleared, still the same issue. I am guessing I would have to pull the driver's side wheel and fender liner to get to the connector specific to the 2016 down in the driver's side fender, but not sure what I would find. It is something so minor that I really don't want Ford ripping apart the car (and I am out of 3/36 warranty by time, not mileage). Any thoughts on this, or should I just disconnect the passenger side, as in reality these blinkers don't really offer much. Could this be a Forscan issue with programming? Really strange that with the hood up it works, albeit not with the proper signal. Seems like a crossed wire or ground issue, just not sure what to look for as this was a one year only thing, not a lot of info out there.

Thanks!
Sponsored