Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

JRM96TA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Here’s photos of the intake setup. I just stretched the Edelbrock coupler over the MAF and throttle body. Not ideal but it does work, hopefully the flow is worth it. The heat shield is from a JLT kit a buddy used the intake for a coyote swapped car.
23B21C46-11B1-4FA2-8806-8B16A4CF5869.jpeg
01055CDE-14B4-499B-8C9D-E7C33360B9A0.jpeg
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looks good!

Pseudo stage 2 for sure!! I like it!

How are the intake temps?

Nothing a little KY couldn’t fix to slide the tube over the TB and MAF!

JRM96TA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’m noticing IAT’s about 5-7 degrees warmer then when I had the stock air box. Hopefully the increase flow makes up for that. I would have liked the upgraded Edelbrock sealed Cold air but they were still in the $850 range when I put mine together.

I’ve only pulled it to 6500rpm so far and I’m already extremely happy with the gains. I’m sure most of that is in the tune. Honestly wasn’t real thrilled with the edelbrock calibration. Had no power below 3k rpm, even with the 3.73’s I was downshifting constantly to get the rpms up at every hill. The Edelbrock calibration really woke up at 3k rpm but certainly didn’t feel like 680 hp or whatever they advertise. On the other hand my 1st 2500-6500rpm pull with the intake and fuel changes as well as the PBD tune shocked me. The change was 10x’s what I was expecting when I went WOT.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That’s awesome!

I’m really curious to see if PBD can dial in the BBK 90 TB and the bigger MAF! Basically making this a “stage 2” type set up.

Are you going to dyno it as well?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Also I just took the TB off to clean it and I noticed this
I have a UPR on mine, 5k miles and my blower inlet is dry, def no pool of oil. You might wanna make sure the catch can is plumbed correct, they are directional

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I have a UPR on mine, 5k miles and my blower inlet is dry, def no pool of oil. You might wanna make sure the catch can is plumbed correct, they are directional
Its correct and there is nothing in the line at all after the can, its dry and clean. I'm hoping its not an internal leak in the blowers housing. That would suck.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Its correct and there is nothing in the line at all after the can, its dry and clean. I'm hoping its not an internal leak in the blowers housing. That would suck.
Yes it would!

Did you reach out to @Edelbrock Tech to see if they have an idea of the possibility of a blower leak? Is the can itself dry or is there some oil in it?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yes it would!

Did you reach out to @Edelbrock Tech to see if they have an idea of the possibility of a blower leak? Is the can itself dry or is there some oil in it?
Can is catching quite a bit. I dried it up with a rag inside the blower and checked again today after about 100 miles and there was nothing in there. I'll keep an eye on it for a bit.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s photos of the intake setup. I just stretched the Edelbrock coupler over the MAF and throttle body. Not ideal but it does work, hopefully the flow is worth it. The heat shield is from a JLT kit a buddy used the intake for a coyote swapped car.
23B21C46-11B1-4FA2-8806-8B16A4CF5869.jpeg
01055CDE-14B4-499B-8C9D-E7C33360B9A0.jpeg
I have the Steeda closed cold air. I was thinking of getting the stage 1 kit or the the Tuner kit and run a GT350 or BBK TB with the steeda intake and getting a Lund tune.

JRM96TA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I would call Lund before you put the time into that intake setup(if you’re dead set on Lund tuning it). Part of the reason I didn’t go with Lund is they only wanted to tune top dollar parts. I understand there is better stuff out there then I’m running, but I have a budget or I’d just be ordering a new GT500. PBD on the other hand was willing to tune anything I could fit under the hood.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice!

Congrats!!

I’m assuming that’s on the Mustang Dyno they have on the sheet... lol.

What were boost numbers? You pulled to 7000 I’m assuming as well?

Beyond the numbers, how is the day to day drive ability?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Nice!

Congrats!!

I’m assuming that’s on the Mustang Dyno they have on the sheet... lol.

What were boost numbers? You pulled to 7000 I’m assuming as well?

Beyond the numbers, how is the day to day drive ability?
Yeah its a mustang dyno, if you want to compare to a dynojet its usually about 10-12% lower. I'm not concerned with total numbers just making sure the kit is working right.

Boost was the pre-set 11lbs although it does see 12-13psi in the mid range and then tapers down. Only pulled to 7000, rev limiter is set at 7200 because this kit won't really make power past there anyways with the stock 80mm TB and I don't have OPG. Drive is smoother than stock until you get into it, it is Lund tuned. Seeing about 17.5mpg average mixed driving.

I'm guessing its making somewhere around 725 crank hp.

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Exactly! That’s what I mean. Mustang dyno = less than Dynojet!

So basically a solid 650 RWP on a dyno jet for arguments sake. Stage 1 with a tune!

Nothing wrong with that!

E-Force FTW!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Exactly! That’s what I mean. Mustang dyno = less than Dynojet!

So basically a solid 650 RWP on a dyno jet for arguments sake. Stage 1 with a tune!

Nothing wrong with that!

E-Force FTW!
I'll also note that the shop doesn't see many S550 cars but they do a TON of coyote swapped foxes with Roush and Procharger setups, they have 2 of them in there right now getting built. He was very impressed that it wasn't heat soaked by the 3rd pull, the IAT's were only 102F by then.
Sponsored