Sponsored

2018 BULLIT OR GT350 CAI

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Has anyone used a GT350 or Bullitt on a 2018? Id assume either will work but want to verify the TB is the same size on the 18 GT, GT350s and Bullitt?

Looking to keep factory fit and finish but Id like one that seals against the hood when closed too.

I dont get why this isnt a more popular option since 1. PMAS fit and finish is garbage. 2. The Steeda one doesnt work well on E85.

The JLT one seems to be best other option IMO.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I haven't heard of anyone even trying to order or gathering the part numbers for the Bullitt intake manifold, throttle body, intake tube, and airbox.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Has anyone used a GT350 or Bullitt on a 2018? Id assume either will work but want to verify the TB is the same size on the 18 GT, GT350s and Bullitt?

Looking to keep factory fit and finish but Id like one that seals against the hood when closed too.

I dont get why this isnt a more popular option since 1. PMAS fit and finish is garbage. 2. The Steeda one doesnt work well on E85.

The JLT one seems to be best other option IMO.
The Steeda one does work on an E85 straight tune or 93 tune. Just no flex tunes. They are revising it to have a version that will work with all tunes. That one will be worth waiting on. Stick with the stock intake for now if you have that, imo.

OP
OP

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I haven't heard of anyone even trying to order or gathering the part numbers for the Bullitt intake manifold, throttle body, intake tube, and airbox.
Ford sells the FRPP stage 3 kit with GT350 Manifold TB and CAI pmus tune. But wouldnt need the tune.

I dont think the GT350 intake would be worth buying over the stock 18 intake manifold.

If I was changing manifolds Id go straight to CJ

Only reason I brought up the GT350 cold air intake is it would be nice to use on an 18 for its fit finish and seals against the top of the hood.

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Ford sells the FRPP stage 3 kit with GT350 Manifold TB and CAI pmus tune. But wouldnt need the tune.

I dont think the GT350 intake would be worth buying over the stock 18 intake manifold.

If I was changing manifolds Id go straight to CJ

Only reason I brought up the GT350 cold air intake is it would be nice to use on an 18 for its fit finish and seals against the top of the hood.
There are no FRPP kits for 18+ and the Bullitt does not just use GT350 parts. The Bullitt airbox is the only one that actually seals against the hood properly and is completely different from the GT350 airbox.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I looked into it. Had all the part numbers gathered and it's not worth it vs getting the Roush CAI or staying stock with a drop in. The TB is different on the Bullitt and GT350 - 87mm vs our stock 80mm. The Bullitt air box fits the 18+ hood line, while the GT350 is a bit off and doesn't seal properly on the 18+. Lastly the Bullitt has the same MAF while the GT350 has a different MAF. The real difference between the Bullitt and the 18+ GT cars is the tune. Load a tune in from a reputable tuner with a filter upgrade on the stock box or buy a Roush and you'll be the same as the Bullitt or likely faster.
Sponsored