Sponsored

Car in for new engine at dealers and stolen last night!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Did a search but couldnt get one. This guy has been terrorising the community for some time. I'm going to court when the case comes up to give him the stink eye. The videos may not run as you are in the USA - we get the same thing when we try to click on some US news. Stupid we sould all be able to get stuff fro maround the world.
Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Well it appears the dealer has walked away from this and is not offering any support. Time will tell. I had a pretty bad night and woke to the news the local Mustang car Club has started a fund raiser for me. I didn't know I had so many friends. just shows people do have your back. Insurance will write the car off after 14 days. I provisionally signed up for the last triple yellow in Australia for sale this afternoon. Other things will happen later (can't say more now).
Name and shame buddy, I’m in Perth all the time so let me know so I can avoid them like the plague!

Reactions: car
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Name and shame buddy, I’m in Perth all the time so let me know so I can avoid them like the plague!
I was pretty angry but they have stepped up recently and while it does not get my car back I appreciate their recent efforts.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Thats what I'm worried about - market value whatever that means.
How old was it, most insurance companies in Oz have a 2 year new for old replacement policy. If yours doesn’t then I’d consider changing insurers.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
4 months old - I got new for old.

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Its never a good idea to programme your real home location into a sat nav for the reason Chris gives. Best to mark some public location nearby as "home"
Or leave your house keys attached to the fob when you drop it off at a dealer!

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
I am amazed that they have not found the car yet. Are they really looking for it?
Police in Oz don’t usually actively look for stolen cars unless they’re used in the commission of a crime or they accidentally find it with number plate recognition.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Luckily I've never done that (leave house keys on fob) - we always lock keys up when we get home.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi Chris, and thanks for the update. Glad to hear that at least parts of this incredible story are concluding on a relatively happy note. At least the dealer finally stepped up as did both insurance companies. Please post pics of your new ride and let us know if anything new comes up on your original TY.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....So, what have I learned?....If I take the car anywhere where I lose control over the keys (as in a service etc) I'm staying until it is finished. If there is warranty claim and it stays longer, I don't know what I will do. I will ask if their insurance covers a possible theft.....
OP, you're going to need to let your emotions settle a bit over this.

A Golden Rule in life (and business) is you don't let bizarre, out-of-the-norm negative situations cause you to create silly, ridiculous rules to live or work by. Knee-jerk over-reactions never work out in the long run.

Your car got stolen......it happens. The dealership was a bunch of asshats afterwards.....that's actually really terrible. But...in the end this is just life's happenings, and nothing truly bad has happened. It sounds like the dealer principal has actually stepped up and started to make things right. And, FYI, you wasted a lot of your own time, effort and energy for quite some time on this. If I had been in your situation, I would have sat down in the middle of the dealership and demanded to speak to the owner. You can't waste your time trying to deal with people that are interested in nothing but covering their own asses, you have to go directly to the top.

There's no problem relinquishing the keys to your car, and letting someone work on it. They're responsible, it's not your fault if something happens. So stop with this non-sense of "staying until it is finished", that's just silly. And don't worry about asking if "their insurance covers a possible theft", that's also completely silly.

Look, you can't control everything, and this bizarre situation is nothing to up-end your future life over. The only reason this is a massive issue for you, is your emotional attachment to your car. If you didn't care about your car, if it was a Toyonda Transportation Appliance SE that had been stolen, this all would have been nothing but a minor annoyance in your life, that you would have let your insurance work out while you drove a rental. But because it was your beloved Triple Yellow Mustang, it's been a massive roller-coaster ride for you.

Just relax, life happens. Don't think and act like a fool in the future over this.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have also lost about 8000.00 in extras the insurance did not cover. I think if you add wheels, paint protection, carbon fibre etc tell your insurance so it will be covered. I will be trying to get compensated for that shortly.
In the States, you typically need to include a rider on your insurance policy to cover aftermarket parts. I think I pay like an extra $20 every six months, which covers up to $5000 of aftermarket. I'm not sure that PPF and detailing for ceramic could be considered an aftermarket accessory or part that would be covered by an insurance policy. Now, given that this is a dealer, it's a different story. Usually, at least in the States, you waive your right to recover damages from a dealership, unless you can prove negligence on the part of the dealer or its agents (employees). Given the circumstances, that the car was stolen from a locked area, but the key fob was left unsecured, that's negligence, so it's likely that you could recover damages for the full worth of the vehicle, including aftermarket parts, directly from the dealer, but you might need to get a lawyer involved. Obviously, I'm not familiar with Australian laws, but I'd expect them to be similar.

Good luck with the new car, and I hope you're able to recover everything from the dealer!

JR

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Really good day. Picked up the new car after 6 weeks no car! Thanks to Midway Ford. I really like the Recaros and magna ride suspension. Not quite the end of the story as I'm looking to get my extras wheels carbon fibre etc replaced.
aaamustang cott.jpg

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Nice pony. Good to see you behind the wheel again.
Sponsored