Sponsored

I don’t hear the cooling fan of the engine any more when parked.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Is there any reason why this could be? I have an RTR upper and lower grille. It’s been Roush tuned too. That actually might’ve been when I stopped hearing it. I might just not notice it but I remember it always cooling the engine when I turned the ignition off and parked it after use. Now I feel like I never hear it any more. Any reasons why this could be. I know the grilles have nothing to do with it. But that’s when I started noticing it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Roush probably turned that function off. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush probably turned that function off. Hope that helps.
Why would they turn it off though. The function doesn’t affect the drivability of the car at all it occurs when the car is parked and off. I highly doubt that. Thanks though just seems very unlikely.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why would they turn it off though. The function doesn’t affect the drivability of the car at all it occurs when the car is parked and off. I highly doubt that. Thanks though just seems very unlikely.
1. The fan used to run.
2. You had the car Roush tuned.
3. The fan no longer runs.

Based on pure logic, instead of asking here where no one can give you an answer based on actual knowledge and facts, I'd be calling Roush and discussing it with them.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. The fan used to run.
2. You had the car Roush tuned.
3. The fan no longer runs.

Based on pure logic, instead of asking here where no one can give you an answer based on actual knowledge and facts, I'd be calling Roush and discussing it with them.
That’s what I plan on doing. Although I have a feeling they won’t know either. Most likely just going to have to bring it in.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That’s what I plan on doing. Although I have a feeling they won’t know either. Most likely just going to have to bring it in.
I can't stress this enough;

Stop "feeling", it serves absolutely 0 purpose in this situation. Think like a detective, don't feel. It will lead you nowhere but to starting anxiety fueled threads on topics no one can help you with.

I'd also think it reasonable to expect that Roush will have the answer.

And be an Alpha male on this; if someone says "I don't know", then tell them to put you through to someone that does, until you get a clear, concise answer. If they do tell you that their tune changed nothing with the fan's operation, THEN you have to figure out where to look next.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
or plug into an OBD2 tool and see if the fan is supposed to be on.
It may be possible that the new RTR grill is doing a better job of cooling, and the fan just hasn't come on because it hasn't been necessary.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may be possible that the new RTR grill is doing a better job of cooling, and the fan just hasn't come on because it hasn't been necessary.
Well that could also be a case which is why I mentioned it. But I don’t know about that. Seems like a little bit of a stretch. You figure on hot summer days the engine is boiling. You would still need the fan to cool the engine. Regardless of what grille is installed with a slightly bigger opening for air.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what is the CHT when you park?
I was thinking too the temp had to hit some sort of degree to set it off when parked. It was Above 200 degrees with the inlet temp above 150. I feel if the fan was to go off now would be the best time. I intentionally made sure it was hot just now when I checked it. The whole thing is very odd. For a feature like that to stop working doesn’t make sense at all. I just drove it around the area and it’s 91 degrees out. I made sure my intake didn’t cool the engine too much because it’s common for the inlet to be 85 degrees and the CH to be well below 200. I also ran the ac and tried to make the engine experienced different conditions of heat and stress. Nothing. Weird the way I just realized I haven’t heard it in a while.

Last edited:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
200 or slightly above may not be hot enough. My fans are running when I park. I haven't checked the CHT lately but I bet it shows 215+ when parking and there isn't much air flow.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
200 or slightly above may not be hot enough. My fans are running when I park. I haven't checked the CHT lately but I bet it shows 215+ when parking and there isn't much air flow.
There’s a very good chance you’re correct. Which is what I theorized was possible. But that’s crazy, my car really never gets that hot. Going to have to have Ford check it out, or at the very least let me know a temp it should e going on at.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Even living in Texas mine doesn’t kick on as often as I’d think it would.

I’ve noticed it really pumping away twice. Once being as I was pulling in the garage the other day. It was brutally hot out.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Mine only come on when i run the A/C, and some times i make sure they're on when i park the car, leave it running with the A/C on, ( open hood in park while running) Also, i have noticed, when i shut car off, and get my stuff out of car, sometimes only the driver side fan will come on when motor is off after a few minutes, >or< when i open the driver door, and then shut it, the driver side fan will run a few minutes, then shut off....
Sponsored