turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Axles get to DSS on Monday. Hoping for good news.

In the meantime while the mustang is on jack stands, I started on the engine mounts. I dropped one of the 1/4" spacers from the BMR mounts in the k member, that was fun. Managed to use speaker wire and a zip tie to pluck it from the depths of hell. I also re-tapped one of the holes for the engine mount brackets on the block side, it was a little off from when I put in the headers, all good now. Driver side is in. Passenger side on Sunday most likely.

enginemounts.jpg
enginemounts1.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Axles get to DSS on Monday. Hoping for good news.

In the meantime while the mustang is on jack stands, I started on the engine mounts. I dropped one of the 1/4" spacers from the BMR mounts in the k member, that was fun. Managed to use speaker wire and a zip tie to pluck it from the depths of hell. I also re-tapped one of the holes for the engine mount brackets on the block side, it was a little off from when I put in the headers, all good now. Driver side is in. Passenger side on Sunday most likely.

enginemounts.jpg
enginemounts1.jpg
lol I did the exact same thing with one of the BMR spacers for the motor mount. I ended up using fish tape and a zip tie to finally get it out after messing with it for a good 20 min.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Nice build man. I'm glad I found this. You're definitely putting in the hours on this car. I'll probably go with a Paxton/vortec kit and GeForce axles.

I would suggest putting the rear sway bar back on. It's a personal preference thing. But on my 2015, the car didn't like to go straight on launch without it. Granted it was a NA manual car, but I was dumping the clutch at 6k. My best 60ft was no front sway bar, rear stock (PP) car. Couple bolt on suspension bits. Netted multiple 1.5s with stock shocks.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Jeebus it's sweaty out there!

Updates:
  • Rebuilt DSS axles are back and ready to be installed, weekend project
  • Both BMR motor mounts are now in
  • Baer rear drag brakes didn't come today like they were scheduled to, now Monday
  • Engine diaper is going to be a pain in the ass, dreading installing it
  • UPR 1/8" rear spacers are in, blurry pic below. These are to help prevent the tires getting into the fenders on squat.
uprspacers1.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Updates:
  • A forum member sold me baer rear drag brakes, they are on and ready to be bled - need to make a friend to help me get that done lol
rearbrakes1.jpg
rearbrakes.jpg

• Engine mounts are fully torqued and ready to go:

mountinstalled.jpg

• Axles and rear end are all back together and torqued, fingers crossed on these axles holding together
  • I also determined I don't hate myself enough
  • to try to get this engine diaper installed with the k member in place, it'll have to wait
yeahright.jpg

Next steps are to bleed the brakes and get back to tune revisions and get a track event under my belt. July is closing fast!

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Updates:
  • A forum member sold me baer rear drag brakes, they are on and ready to be bled - need to make a friend to help me get that done lol
rearbrakes1.jpg
rearbrakes.jpg

• Engine mounts are fully torqued and ready to go:

mountinstalled.jpg

• Axles and rear end are all back together and torqued, fingers crossed on these axles holding together
  • I also determined I don't hate myself enough
  • to try to get this engine diaper installed with the k member in place, it'll have to wait
yeahright.jpg

Next steps are to bleed the brakes and get back to tune revisions and get a track event under my belt. July is closing fast!
Looks good man. I ordered same brakes. Front & Rear. Ain’t got em yet. Gonna run it one more time before I ship axles back

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
WTB: Baer front drag brakes :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Wife and I had the car out for cars and coffee yesterday and it was a great turn out. Here's a couple snaps:

cncmustang3.jpg
mustangpic.jpg

With the car back together, I need to get back to logging and finalizing the e85 tune with PBD. August is going to be crazy busy with work, we'll see how far I can get.

Stay tuned

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I have an awesome update. My wife..gatdang I love her..

My birthday is coming up. Yesterday my wife sent me out with our best friends to drink some beer and watch a youth hockey game - I was sold. She didn't come and I didn't question. While I was exploring the bottom of some pint glasses, she was "stealing" the mustang to take it out for a photo shoot to capture some loving images of her and the car for my birthday. Below are just a few of the result, but before that- know that this isn't my wife's normality, she's more reserved and wouldn't do this kind of thing without a great reason..which is to provide me with a wonderful gift. I'm so very thankful.

(thanks also to my friends and the photographer who kept all the planning a secret for more than a month, if you happen to see this)

megancar1.jpg
megancar2.jpg
megancar3.jpg
megancar4.jpg
megancar5.jpg

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Great woman, blown mustang, beer.... On top of the world!!!!
Sponsored