OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Yeah I am aware of why they rattle. What I’m saying is new valves don’t fix the issue. It seems to be an issue across all of the valves corsa has

The stock exhaust was nowhere near as much of a rattle can that is the corsa tips. It’s embarrassing to have the car in anything but track
It rattles the most in track. Quiet is almost not audible.
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
A buddy of mine and I had similar issues with the baffles in the mufflers when we had Corsa Sports (no active exhaust). Sounded really rattly and very cheap. He got his replaced under warranty (I couldn't as it was second hand from someone else) but I wonder if there is an issue with the manufacturing, especially if it's even happening with multiple components of the exhaust.

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
It rattles the most in track. Quiet is almost not audible.
Weird. Most that have this issue agree in track it is either not rattling or the damn exhaust is too loud to hear the rattles.

Hoping they revise the valves and get us some functioning replacements

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weird. Most that have this issue agree in track it is either not rattling or the damn exhaust is too loud to hear the rattles.

Hoping they revise the valves and get us some functioning replacements
Yes. You can’t hear the rattle when driving hitting the throttle. This is really an idling issue. The tech at Corsa agreed that the issue I’m experiencing makes sense. In quiet the valves are closed. You’re not going to hear it as much. It’s most likely the valves.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So i has a short shifter installed and since the exhaust needed to come down this shop did a much better job putting it back on. The rattle was not the valves. The theory is it was a loose bracket. All good now thankfully. No warranty claims needed. Time to install long tubes. Mmmmmm

Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I have a similar issue on one side of my Roush active, if I take a long screwdriver I can duplicate the rattle even with the car off just by tapping the valve or even by hitting the exhaust with my hand

jacobw588

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I saw this thread and just wanted to write an update about my experience. I just purchased and installed this system on my 2020 Mustang GT and it instantly began making the rattling noise. I did a quick search and found this form, based off this information I decided to call Corsa.

Corsa was quick to inform me that each set of valve tips are produced to the highest quality and that there is no way they could rattle. I then said okay maybe I missed a clamp or something so I took it to a local exhaust shop to do a look through and see if they could correct the sound.

When I went to pick up the car the shop said they were able to replicate the sound, but everything was torqued down correctly no parts were hitting anything else. He then showed me when the car was on that from the rear tip's you could hear the sound it was almost like the part on the bottom was moving when the valves were half open causing the rattle.

I proceeded to call Corsa back and ended up talking to the same person as before, who once again insisted no manufacturing tolerances would be off and he has never heard of this issue before. After 30 minutes on the phone, he ended up saying just send me a video of it.

That night I went home and got a couple videos and sent them in. The next morning, I woke up to an email from a Corsa employee saying the valve tolerances sound off and they would send the replacement parts.

Currently, I am waiting on the replacement tips but hopefully this solves the problem. Just figured I would document my experience with this product for others who may face the same issue.

jacobw588

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I saw this thread and just wanted to write an update about my experience. I just purchased and installed this system on my 2020 Mustang GT and it instantly began making the rattling noise. I did a quick search and found this form, based off this information I decided to call Corsa.

Corsa was quick to inform me that each set of valve tips are produced to the highest quality and that there is no way they could rattle. I then said okay maybe I missed a clamp or something so I took it to a local exhaust shop to do a look through and see if they could correct the sound.

When I went to pick up the car the shop said they were able to replicate the sound, but everything was torqued down correctly no parts were hitting anything else. He then showed me when the car was on that from the rear tip's you could hear the sound it was almost like the part on the bottom was moving when the valves were half open causing the rattle.

I proceeded to call Corsa back and ended up talking to the same person as before, who once again insisted no manufacturing tolerances would be off and he has never heard of this issue before. After 30 minutes on the phone, he ended up saying just send me a video of it.

That night I went home and got a couple videos and sent them in. The next morning, I woke up to an email from a Corsa employee saying the valve tolerances sound off and they would send the replacement parts.

Currently, I am waiting on the replacement tips but hopefully this solves the problem. Just figured I would document my experience with this product for others who may face the same issue.
Just wanted to write an update to my post. Late last week I got in the new tips from Corsa. I took off the two active tips zip tied up the wiring and took it around the block without the active tips.
The noise had stopped, well at least I could no longer hear it because the car was so loud and sounded so good.
I then put on the new tips made sure everything was tightened down and took it around the block again going through all the modes. No more rattle or awful sounding noise.
The exhaust sounds great and I am glad Corsa was able to get this fixed. If you are having this problem just reach out and they will get it taken care of if you are persistent.

Neilnst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Whipple Charged
any one else with this issue. When I hit the throttle it sounds to me like the actuators are rattling. It really sounds crappy. It didn’t do this at first with install so I’m wondering if there’s a way to fix the issue. Happens way more in track than quiet mode. While idle there’s no rattle. Most likely going to have to bring it in to be looked at.
Hello buddy, did you get a resolve on this. I'm having a nightmare with mine.. but the opposite away round.. no issues in track mode but rattle their head off in any other

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I'm glad I just found this post because I absolutely hate my active Corsa exhaust. Track mode sounds like the mufflers are coming apart and in any other mode the tone would be nice but there is this weird, pinging rattle that sounds like complete shit. Finding this gives me hope that I'm experiencing these issues that everyone is talking about. I'll be calling Corsa first thing Monday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad I just found this post because I absolutely hate my active Corsa exhaust. Track mode sounds like the mufflers are coming apart and in any other mode the tone would be nice but there is this weird, pinging rattle that sounds like complete shit. Finding this gives me hope that I'm experiencing these issues that everyone is talking about. I'll be calling Corsa first thing Monday.
There was never an issue with mine. It was the exhaust bracket that was loose. Check that. I never had one abnormal sound after that. But there have been some with the actuators being loose.

DevereIII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT/CS Premium, B&O, A/E
Posted in another thread but figured I'd post here as well.

I've had this rattle/tapping sound develop right after I installed my Corsa catback actives, at the rear Passenger side. They sent me replacement valves which did not fix it. Even sent just another passenger side valve after that, which still did not fix it. Mine sounded like a tin can tapping noise noticeable in Normal and slightly less in Sport modes. In Track and Drag modes it's practically gone - Or at least you can not hear it.

It's not there at all when cruising, but then happens when applying part throttle. It sounds more to me like the baffle is loose or not welded securely inside the muffler itself, and then when you apply exhaust pressure by applying the throttle, it rattles.

I live in the Dayton area and I am going to drive it out to Corsa's HQ in Columbus and see what they think, at some point. Like others here I've been a Corsa fan and installed on my past two Mustangs (Had the 2014 GT500 A/B's on my 2014 GT converted to quad exhaust, and then had the non-A/E Sport catbacks on my 2018 GT with the double-helix X-pipe. Both were FLAWLESS in sound and quality!) Have been pretty disappointed with these though. Hopefully they will identify what's up and take care of me when I get out there.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Posted in another thread but figured I'd post here as well.

I've had this rattle/tapping sound develop right after I installed my Corsa catback actives, at the rear Passenger side. They sent me replacement valves which did not fix it. Even sent just another passenger side valve after that, which still did not fix it. Mine sounded like a tin can tapping noise noticeable in Normal and slightly less in Sport modes. In Track and Drag modes it's practically gone - Or at least you can not hear it.

It's not there at all when cruising, but then happens when applying part throttle. It sounds more to me like the baffle is loose or not welded securely inside the muffler itself, and then when you apply exhaust pressure by applying the throttle, it rattles.

I live in the Dayton area and I am going to drive it out to Corsa's HQ in Columbus and see what they think, at some point. Like others here I've been a Corsa fan and installed on my past two Mustangs (Had the 2014 GT500 A/B's on my 2014 GT converted to quad exhaust, and then had the non-A/E Sport catbacks on my 2018 GT with the double-helix X-pipe. Both were FLAWLESS in sound and quality!) Have been pretty disappointed with these though. Hopefully they will identify what's up and take care of me when I get out there.
I thought it was something and realized the bracket was loose which is common. Make sure that’s not what it is. Sounded the way you described.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
i think I will cross Corsa off my list for new exhaust. The fact that they know they have a valve tolerance issue and havent resolved it while requiring purchasers to send in videos when they know what the issue is ridiculous. Nobody is trying to get over on them for free parts and jacking with exhaust is no fun so you know the claims are legit, save for a loose clamp or hanger which should have been caught much earlier.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i think I will cross Corsa off my list for new exhaust. The fact that they know they have a valve tolerance issue and havent resolved it while requiring purchasers to send in videos when they know what the issue is ridiculous. Nobody is trying to get over on them for free parts and jacking with exhaust is no fun so you know the claims are legit, save for a loose clamp or hanger which should have been caught much earlier.
I never have had an issue and have thousands of miles on the exhaust.
Sponsored