Sponsored

NASCAR

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Lost interest in NASCAR when they stopped welding the doors shut, but....
With sedans on the way out, Mustang decals on future bodies, what are they gonna do? I realize all the chassis and bodies are basically the same now.

Will they go to SUV shaped bodies? Will they go electric drivetrains? Turboed 4 cylinders? Is it about to die?
10 years from now, any thoughts
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I live near the Kansas Speedway. We had season tickets for the first 5 to 8 years or so. At first, it had seating for 70-80k. now it's down to about 50k, and I don't think they sell it out. There are too many races, and the races are just too long.

They really should switch it up to more of small track style. 2 40-50 lap heats, with a 100 lap final. I'd really like to see them either go back to when you had to be able to order a car with the same dispacement engine as what they ran on the track. Bacl to a win on Sunday sell on Monday thing. Or just let the teams build the hell out the motor and let the cars run. Make them use factory bodies and factory parts, but let's see a true Mustang vs Camaro on the track. And definitely increase the number of road courses.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I feel once the big money gets evolved in a sport it goes downhill. Everyone wants to be a politician in major sports now.

Now to me NASCAR isn't about the cars anymore.
Are they still running carburetor?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They are EFI and I think they are still about 5.7 liter pushrod V8s in NASCAR the last I checked.

I would like to see changes in NASCAR as well, but I think it's ok having a standard body with the features painted on - it saves money and makes the race safer.

I'd like to see them use sealed production engines from cars that sell at least XX per year. Maybe 50,000 units or something to keep them from using a GT350 or GT500 engine, but still allow them to choose any engine that goes in a production car that sells enough. Rest of the drive train - leave it up to the teams what they want to do. They can reprogram the engine, but no hard parts can be changed inside the engine.

Tires - I think they should reduce the tire size allowed so the cars have to slow down on corners and speed up on the straights. Aero should also be limited for the same reason.
Sponsored