Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a car show today and saw my first Kia Stinger, it got a lot attention. I thought it was pretty nice looking and the owner claimed it was quite fast. Ironically later that night I was taking the wife for an ice cream and car pulled up next to me it was obvious that he thought that he was going to get to some undetermined point up ahead before I would. Having the wife along I hesitated for a second so he did get a length on me but then I saw the Kia on his deck lid and I don't know about others but even though I know Kia makes some good cars and my daughter had a soul and it was a great starter car, I just was not ok with a Kia getting to that point up ahead before me so I planted the Mrs in her seat something I was still hearing about this morning. I did catch him and did reach that point ahead by a considerable amount. He must have thought it was a fluke so we had to repeat the process again with the same results. It did not sound like the stock one at the show. I am glad that this was on the highway and not light to light as the are AWD. The best was when the wife said " What the heck does this guy think a Kia is going to do to a Mustang " . That's my girl. I tried to tell her that from all accounts it's a pretty respectable car. Her answer was simply " Please it's a Kia".
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I went to a car show today and saw my first Kia Stinger, it got a lot attention. I thought it was pretty nice looking and the owner claimed it was quite fast. Ironically later that night I was taking the wife for an ice cream and car pulled up next to me it was obvious that he thought that he was going to get to some undetermined point up ahead before I would. Having the wife along I hesitated for a second so he did get a length on me but then I saw the Kia on his deck lid and I don't know about others but even though I know Kia makes some good cars and my daughter had a soul and it was a great starter car, I just was not ok with a Kia getting to that point up ahead before me so I planted the Mrs in her seat something I was still hearing about this morning. I did catch him and did reach that point ahead by a considerable amount. He must have thought it was a fluke so we had to repeat the process again with the same results. It did not sound like the stock one at the show. I am glad that this was on the highway and not light to light as the are AWD. The best was when the wife said " What the heck does this guy think a Kia is going to do to a Mustang " . That's my girl. I tried to tell her that from all accounts it's a pretty respectable car. Her answer was simply " Please it's a Kia".
I raced a stinger GT at the track in my 18GT. He was running consistent 12.90s at 110. Car isn't slow by any means, and they look great.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I raced a stinger GT at the track in my 18GT. He was running consistent 12.90s at 110. Car isn't slow by any means, and they look great.
They are a really long car. I saw one the other day and I was surprised by how big they are. For some reason I thought they were a more reasonable size.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
They are a really long car. I saw one the other day and I was surprised by how big they are. For some reason I thought they were a more reasonable size.
Your right the one I saw at the show did not strike me as being big, but the one on the road at night seemed huge. I was very confused as to what it was even after I saw the Kia emblem. The driver confirmed it was a stinger at a light.

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I went against a C7Z06 last night with my procharged 18GT A10. Went just about like I expected. He didnt have a chance. He was about a car length in front when I hit it and as my car shifted in to 2nd I was going by him spinning. I continued to pull away at a good pace, I didnt really look back to see how bad I beat him as I was focusing on the road in front of me. Anyways Ive seen many guys run 10.90 to 11.0 with these cars and I ran 10.60 a few weeks back so it ended as I expected.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Had a amg C63s Behind me the other day. I floored it and he of course floored it and stayed with me with that AWD pretty well up to 60 until I got good traction, the SC started screaming, and the A10 gears started ripping off. At about 110 he was pretty far behind.

Before I was supercharged I was playing with a CTS-V (exhaust was loud but not sure what he had) on a country road. It was a 2 lane so I was behind him. He took off on me and got the jump. by about 60 I was gaining on him to the point he hit is brake about a 100 and I almost rear ended him.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Had a amg C63s Behind me the other day. I floored it and he of course floored it and stayed with me with that AWD pretty well up to 60 until I got good traction, the SC started screaming, and the A10 gears started ripping off. At about 110 he was pretty far behind.

Before I was supercharged I was playing with a CTS-V (exhaust was loud but not sure what he had) on a country road. It was a 2 lane so I was behind him. He took off on me and got the jump. by about 60 I was gaining on him to the point he hit is brake about a 100 and I almost rear ended him.
Nothing better than beating those Euros's :)

I had a similar experience, but it was the C63 not S who thought it was funny tailgating me until I planted it and basically destroyed him. He eventually caught up with a whimper, didn't want to look over at me who was laughing at him but he couldn't resist.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Not a GT but tried to mess with a model 3 in my ecoboost the other day. Turned out he was messing with me. Lol well now I know. Man those things are quick

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My GT vs:
2019 A10 Mustang Ecoboost, effing raped him

then...

2018 porsche 911 gt2 rs, effing raped me

Last edited:

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Its all what your used to. Todays fast street cars are all running 9s. Back in the 90s. If you had a 10 second car. You ruled the streets. Now bolt on camaros and Mustangs run that.
I bought my 2017 Hellcat last year slight used with 3000 miles, in like-new condition with a certified 7 year warranty for $50K.
It's super comfortable with power at any throttle position/rpm/gear along with an intoxicating sound that never gets old. The power delivery is super satisfying and the ZF 8-speed is the best auto Ive ever operated. I could care less about being "king-of the-road" or racing but a daily commuter running 10 sec with just drag radials with a warranty for 50k low mile used is tough to beat... For those into racing/modding the Hellcat responds well to modding, reliable additional 150whp for under $5K...
Like the 2018+ Mustang GT, a used low mile Hellcat is an amazing value as well imo. It really comes down to which car you like driving more, which is subjective of course.

BTW, the Redeye starting msrp is $71,350. Many recent posts on Hellcat.org with people buying Redeyes for around $85K OTD. Not the best performer for the money but still a very nice car with potential.

I no longer own a mustang gt so I won't post about all the cars Ive freight-trained with my stock Hellcat;)

Last edited:

Deleted member

Just an ecoboost here with my relevant kills, mods in sig. All done in mexico of course

2017 STI FBO from a 40 roll pulled about 1.5 cars on him let off at 120
2008 350z FBO and gutted from a dig he pulled on me until 3rd gear or so and started to reel him in, was going to pass at 110 when we let off. Same car from a 40 roll i pulled 1 car.
2014 s197 v6 Im guessing bolt ons, took him to gapplebees on the freeway.
Every s197 4.6 Gt that tries to pull on me and then gets pissed off when they lose to a 4 banger. Haven't raced any FI 4.6s yet though.
Newer Scat pack challenger from a dig, hung on his drivers door until 70 ish and he slowly started to pull away.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2017 Hellcat last year slight used with 3000 miles, in like-new condition with a certified 7 year warranty for $50K.
It's super comfortable with power at any throttle position/rpm/gear along with an intoxicating sound that never gets old. The power delivery is super satisfying and the ZF 8-speed is the best auto Ive ever operated. I could care less about being "king-of the-road" or racing but a daily commuter running 10 sec with just drag radials with a warranty for 50k low mile used is tough to beat... For those into racing/modding the Hellcat responds well to modding, reliable additional 150whp for under $5K...
Like the 2018+ Mustang GT, a used low mile Hellcat is an amazing value as well imo. It really comes down to which car you like driving more, which is subjective of course.

BTW, the Redeye starting msrp is $71,350. Many recent posts on Hellcat.org with people buying Redeyes for around $85K OTD. Not the best performer for the money but still a very nice car with potential.

I no longer own a mustang gt so I won't post about all the cars Ive freight-trained with my stock Hellcat;)
Get a new Hellcat for high 50 right now. The discounts right on them are crazy right now.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Get a new Hellcat for high 50 right now. The discounts right on them are crazy right now.
Yeah Dodge is running a $7170 cash back special currently. It'll still probably be closer to 65k OTD for an A8(M6 cheaper less desirable) and they no longer come standard with leather, still not bad though!
The Hellcat is holding it's value pretty well if you didn't buy brand new as they are going for low-mile used what I paid 9 months ago, used:
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...rId=58487,30031936,35797618,36362520&zc=21209

If I were buying new I'd still want a Redeye which I'm not interested in at this time. I'm perfectly content with my current Hellcat.
Ive got my eye on a potential C8 Z06 or GT500 in 2023 when my warranty expires...or if Dodge ever comes out with a widebody charger HC redeye, that also may be hard to resist.

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Dodge is running a $7170 cash back special currently. It'll still probably be closer to 65k OTD for an A8(M6 cheaper less desirable) and they no longer come standard with leather, still not bad though!
The Hellcat is holding it's value pretty well if you didn't buy brand new as they are going for low-mile used what I paid 9 months ago, used:
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...rId=58487,30031936,35797618,36362520&zc=21209

If I were buying new I'd still want a Redeye which I'm not interested in at this time. I'm perfectly content with my current Hellcat.
Ive got my eye on a potential C8 Z06 or GT500 in 2023 when my warranty expires...or if Dodge ever comes out with a widebody charger HC redeye, that also may be hard to resist.
You can get them in the 50’s here near Detroit. I’ve seen several ads.
Sponsored