SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Nice to here you are still enjoying the car. I also gets lots of looks and admiration from people. One of our DD's was in the shop last week, so I drove the BULLITT to works for two days. one of the days I was walking up to it and was admiring it. at first glance the car seems somewhat subdued, but after you look at it for a minute is exudes a quiet confidence, kind of like "walk softly and carry a big stick".

I'm also finding the shifting 1-2 to be much easier, when you relax and let the RPM drop and then ease out the clutch.

I only have 3,200km (2,000 miles) on mine, and have only got mine to 0.76L and 0.70R. Got 1.0 breaking and 0.78 acceleration. But heading to the BC interior in a three of weeks, so with the mountain twisties, will have lots of opportunity to push it harder in the corners. Really looking forward to this run as when I did it last August, it was still new and not broken in.

Can't say as I have had anyone try and race me yet, when they do, I like to push a corner and watch then shrink in my mirror.
HI Brett, sounds like you have an exciting trip coming up, with some good roads to really enjoy more shrinking mortal cars in your rear view.

Have you times your 0-30, and 0-60 using the timer? I am going to start trying that out next. I've really only launched it once hard and a couple more times at maybe 85% throttle. Just not many oops to do that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Nice to know there are a few of Bullitt owners in MA. I have yet to see another one like ours. And yes it does get the looks and comments. Especially the beautiful exhaust note.
Hey Massman, I've not seen another Bullitt either, of that I'm glad, I like the exclusivity of the Bullitt. But, I have been waving at any fellow Stang drivers on the road and lately, there are alot of stangs out, particularly verts.

I love looking at it too. I washed it, by hand, again yesterday. that's more hand washes in two months of ownership than my last two BMWs combined.

Next I'm considering a diy ppf and putting cquartz dlux on the wheels cuz the wheels have to look good!

Where are you located generally? I'm just north of Boston

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
HI Brett, sounds like you have an exciting trip coming up, with some good roads to really enjoy more shrinking mortal cars in your rear view.

Have you times your 0-30, and 0-60 using the timer? I am going to start trying that out next. I've really only launched it once hard and a couple more times at maybe 85% throttle. Just not many oops to do that.
Haven't tried launching it yet either. Will dig into the track apps and give it ago this year.

I also have yet to see another one on the road. It's kind of nice have a some exclusivity. it's interesting when you see someone in another car checking yours out, especially when you can see they know what they're looking at a BULLITT.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey Massman, I've not seen another Bullitt either, of that I'm glad, I like the exclusivity of the Bullitt. But, I have been waving at any fellow Stang drivers on the road and lately, there are alot of stangs out, particularly verts.

I love looking at it too. I washed it, by hand, again yesterday. that's more hand washes in two months of ownership than my last two BMWs combined.

Next I'm considering a diy ppf and putting cquartz dlux on the wheels cuz the wheels have to look good!

Where are you located generally? I'm just north of Boston
I'm in Western MA. just north of Springfield. I was lucky to get my order in early as there are larger dealers in the area who couldn't get one. My brother put in a order at 3 of the largest Ford dealers in the Hartford area and they couldn't get one either. I also love the exclusivity of car. Have had quite a few people comment on it's great looks and many who wanted to know what it was as they hadn't seen a green one offered when looking at the new Mustang color offerings. Wishing you the best of luck with yours.

OP
OP
SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Ok, so now I have dealt with the chip on my hood. First of many, I'm sure.

Dr Colorchip was really easy to use. I did two coats and from a couple feet away, it's hard to see the blemish any more. On my phone's camera, it's almost invisible, I had to rest something on the hood next to the spot to snap the photo!?

Here's a before and after collage, before on top, after on bottom and the second photo is after second coat, see the headphones next to the blemish was the only way I could spot the blemish through the camera.
PhotoGrid_1562079539540.jpg
MVIMG_20190702_214237~2.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
DLux on the wheels

After one washing, about a week, they rinsed pretty clean without any hand washing. I still feel as though I will put additional meguires/turtle wax ice hybrid ceramic on top, it's so easy. But will try it on one side only (passenger) to see if there's much difference and how long the dlux lasts.

Clay bar towel
This was pretty good. Easy to use and now the car feels so smooth to the touch! Nice.

After using the towel, I had to go back and buff a few, ... maybe several places, where I didn't lubricate the car enough and the towel left a sort of grid pattern of buildup of the stuff I used as lubricant (not sure), but it came off with simple buff with microfiber towel.

In one spot, part of the claybar towel must have dragged the surface completely dry and left a black mark on the surface (think black mark on a gym floor - no black soled shoes ha), that also had to be cleaned off.

I really liked the claybar towel. Way easier than a claybar.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Well, back from my trip, rained on the way back, but weather was OK going into the mountains. Managed a 0.88 right hander and a 0.78 heft hander on the way up. Road was pretty quiet as I left early, so had lots of fun... Was thinking of trying a 0-60 run on the way home on a quiet back road of the main road, but it was early Sunday morning and didn't want to unset anyone...…...

OP
OP
SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Well, back from my trip, rained on the way back, but weather was OK going into the mountains. Managed a 0.88 right hander and a 0.78 heft hander on the way up. Road was pretty quiet as I left early, so had lots of fun... Was thinking of trying a 0-60 run on the way home on a quiet back road of the main road, but it was early Sunday morning and didn't want to unset anyone...…...
That sounds like a very good trip!

OP
OP
SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Referencing How I Shift My Bullitt that I wrote up on another thread, here on my psuedo-blog.

Still lovin this car. I now have 4400 miles since April - that's a ton of miles for me, just love driving this car.

Still have weird bluetooth /android auto issues where the audio from phone calls doesn't come out the android auto without toggling from bluetooth to handset back to bluetooth. I feel like it has something to do with the phone probably not needing bluetooth turned on AT ALL when connected to Android Auto via cable. to test.

OP
OP
SoZen

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
DLux on the wheels

After one washing, about a week, they rinsed pretty clean without any hand washing. I still feel as though I will put additional meguires/turtle wax ice hybrid ceramic on top, it's so easy. But will try it on one side only (passenger) to see if there's much difference and how long the dlux lasts.
I was seriously thinking this DLux was great after the first 2 weeks - rinse the wheels and they looked good. Closer inspection revealed that there's still a coating of dust on the rims, still need to use a brush every wash.

I wouldn't do it again, just stick with the ceramic hybrid coating like i put on the rest of the car. Lasts about as long anyways.
Sponsored