Sponsored

Hood Bubbling paint

luizffgarcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang - Fastback - Automatic - Magnetic
Wow thanks for this information! I just checked the 2015 warranty and it states 5 years for corrosion!

Now that i have this information they simply cannot deny fixing this, i am already very surprised they did not inform me about the 5 years for corrosion...
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wow thanks for this information! I just checked the 2015 warranty and it states 5 years for corrosion!

Now that i have this information they simply cannot deny fixing this, i am already very surprised they did not inform me about the 5 years for corrosion...
Note the difference in the warranty language between 2015 and 2016+. For the 2015 warranty to be given, the body panel must be perforated (ie, a hole all the way through the panel).

But in 2016 they addressed aluminum panels specifically, and didn't say it had to be perforated, just corroded to be covered under the corrosion warranty. Huge difference between the 2015 warranty language and the 2016+ warranty language concerning aluminum body panels.

Everyone with a 2015 should be calling Ford and complaining that they didn't also include the 2015 model year in their revised corrosion warranty for aluminum panels.

2015 Corrosion Warranty Statement
2015 Mustang Corrosion Warranty Statement.JPG

2016+ Corrosion Warranty Statement
2016+ Mustang Corrosion Warranty Statement.JPG

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
and for those with 2015’s, some 2015 owners have had success if the Dealership does a very small scraping of a bubble to reveal the perforation under the painted surface. This technique may not work for EVERYONE, but some members here have posted success stories. Be aware that if the Dealership does do a scrape that Ford could still deny the claim based on their own review of the images sent in.

luizffgarcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang - Fastback - Automatic - Magnetic
Wow i really hope Ford added that aluminium specific clause in the 2016+ to make sure customers affected have their problems fixed more easily, rather then use it to say that 2015 owners are out of luck.

I will schedule an appointment at my dealership and try to get this process started, but this entire thing smells like bulls***, a QC flaw such as this should cause a recall, having to convince Ford to help is unacceptable.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wow i really hope Ford added that aluminium specific clause in the 2016+ to make sure customers affected have their problems fixed more easily, rather then use it to say that 2015 owners are out of luck.

I will schedule an appointment at my dealership and try to get this process started, but this entire thing smells like bulls***, a QC flaw such as this should cause a recall, having to convince Ford to help is unacceptable.
F-series trucks, pre-aluminum, are known for rust on the rear passender fender due to a gap in the sound deadening inside the fender. Ford never cared to fix that even though it's a well known issue.

Sponsored

Raven 6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
This is my first post so please bear with me. We took our 2016 Mustang GT in to dealership for paint bubbling on the leading edge of the hood, they took pictures and sent to Ford to see if they would take care of it. Thanks to Ford, they are going to replace and paint. Question I have is, how long did it take you guys with similar stories for Ford/Dealership to get your car in and do the repair? I'm at 3 weeks and waiting.

OP
OP

bossgt1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost.1982 mustang gt
Dropped the car off Monday afternoon and got it back on Friday afternoon.

Raven 6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I should have been a little clearer. How long from the time Ford said it would repair till the time the dealership got the hood from Ford to do the repair. It’s been 3 weeks and counting, seams a little long.

OP
OP

bossgt1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost.1982 mustang gt
Once Ford approved replacement it took about 2 weeks for the hood to come in.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Mine took over 3 weeks for a hood to come in, then 2 weeks in paint shop.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Just saw some bubbles on my hoods leading edge (2016 w/22k miles). Will be going by the dealer next week and see what they say. Hopefully they will go with replacement as well.

mjbaker84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 16 Lincoln MKX Reserve, 17 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Just noticed it in 3 separate spots on my wifes 2015 mustang gt. The areas affected are above passenger head light, driver head light and along the fender/hood area on the drivers side.

2015 that just rolled to 37k miles. I will be going to the dealer here this week to discuss with them about getting it covered.

mjbaker84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 16 Lincoln MKX Reserve, 17 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Well... Took mine in yesterday. 2015 with 37k miles and 3 spots on the hood. The lady in service took her photos and said it was approved and good to go. About 2 hours later I got a text from her saying Ford denied it since it was past 36k miles and the usual BS about it needing to have a hole in it from the corrosion.... This is pretty much a joke now.

SteveG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible
Hi all. Same bubbling on my hood. 2016 Mustang.
Am I to understand that the dealer can get the ball rolling on this?

Thanks in advance.
Steve

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hi all. Same bubbling on my hood. 2016 Mustang.
Am I to understand that the dealer can get the ball rolling on this?

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Yes, on a 2016 it will be covered. If it was a 2015 is wouldn't unless the corrosion was all the way through the hood. Ford changed the corrosion warranty language starting with the 2016 models. If your dealership doesn't know that, bring in your warranty booklet and point it out.
Sponsored