Sponsored

18 vs 19 Track Wheels/Tires regrets/opinions?

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I think maybe your car is setup too tight or you are relying too much on the wheel and not enough on the skinny pedal. These two things will kill front tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I think maybe your car is setup too tight or you are relying too much on the wheel and not enough on the skinny pedal. These two things will kill front tires.
I absolutely think my driving is helping tear up the front tires. I have been driving HPDEs solo for a while now and I'm going to start asking for some ride alongs from some more advanced instructors if I can find some at my events.
I do not at all underatimate the importance of driver mods and know I've still got a lot to learn.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
While driving style is a factor. Burning up the front tires (or any tire) typically just gets worse as confidence and experiance grows. Though the track is also a significant factor.

So setup changes (camber) , balance changes (springs, ARB, etc.) , and/or tire changes should all be considered for tire life problems.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Far more tire options
*for not street tires

If competing in the 200tw categories, this is not true. Far more in 19" and 285 wide or greater.
Sponsored