OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do all of the hood struts (redline, steeda, ford, etc) operate the same as op's? In that it doesn't assist until the hood is half way up?
From the research I did prior to purchasing, the quick-lift systems lift it further past a certain point, others just hold it wherever you stop it
Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I'm ready to install mine in the next few days. The gas struts are so stiff that I cannot compress them by hand. I'm afraid of crinkling the hood if I don't get them loose first. Did you guys have any problem related to this?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'm ready to install mine in the next few days. The gas struts are so stiff that I cannot compress them by hand. I'm afraid of crinkling the hood if I don't get them loose first. Did you guys have any problem related to this?
I've never seen anyone post any issues about hood cracking or otherwise. Thousands of people are running hood struts, its kind of dumb they are not stock.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I've never seen anyone post any issues about hood cracking or otherwise. Thousands of people are running hood struts, its kind of dumb they are not stock.
Mine was the same.install them and close open close hood gently.i did read though in picking mine out that the Ford struts can do that. So I got redlines.easy install,but at my age it's a 2 person job trying to keep hood straight,when installing the clamp in engine bay.

Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Installed the Redline struts today by myself with no issues. It helped to watch the CJ Pony you tube video on the installation. The paper instructions that come with the product can stand much improvement.
IMG_1142.jpg
IMG_1143.jpg

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Used a broom handle to hold the hood up, 20 minute job. 8 months & no issues. I leave the hood up all the time, sometimes for a week before I take the Bullitt out. The Redline holds perfect.
Sponsored