Digital dash gauges

ironsurvivor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium/401a/10r80
on my digital dash I have no problem picking and choosing the gauges that I want to see, but my question is, how do I get it to show as text?

I’ve seen people can do either gauges or keep scrolling down and they can have for example inlet air temperature, cylinder head temperature and all the different values read as text. I’ve tried to follow videos, but for some reason mine will only show the digital gauges. I’ve attached a picture of what I am trying to get it to look like.
FEC6E8EA-E579-4B6B-81FA-4464D54AB297.jpeg
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Dont you just press the down arrow on the directional pad on the right hand side of the steering wheel?

OP
OP

ironsurvivor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Dont you just press the down arrow on the directional pad on the right hand side of the steering wheel?
After selecting my three gauges and hitting the pony button to go back to the main screen I see the gauges but if I scroll down I just cycle through the different gauges and eventually a lateral g force meter before starting over again.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
When I press the down arrow I get to the picture you have posted, you dont?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
After selecting my three gauges and hitting the pony button to go back to the main screen I see the gauges but if I scroll down I just cycle through the different gauges and eventually a lateral g force meter before starting over again.
You have one of the earlier released firmware versions that scrolls through 3 pages of gauges, a lateral gforce display and a blank screen then repeats. You probably also have an oil temp gauge although can’t choose it as a preselected gauge. You can go to the dealer and have them upgrade the firmware which will give you the line gauge display but will remove the oil temp digital gauge and the ability to scroll through the rest of the gauges.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
^^^^ exactly that right there.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I was one of the first to install the digital cluster in my 16 and mine was an early firmware version like the OP. I have an oil temp gauge in the display.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
So yours shows oil temp?
Yes I have a Nov 2017 build car. I have a “oil temp” gauge, but not the readout like OP asks, I made a post similar to this July last year when I got my car

OP
OP

ironsurvivor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
You have one of the earlier released firmware versions that scrolls through 3 pages of gauges, a lateral gforce display and a blank screen then repeats. You probably also have an oil temp gauge although can’t choose it as a preselected gauge. You can go to the dealer and have them upgrade the firmware which will give you the line gauge display but will remove the oil temp digital gauge and the ability to scroll through the rest of the gauges.
That explains it then! Thank you and everyone else for your help. I’ll stop by the dealer and have them update

Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Some of the quirks with the gauges and displays are batty. On my '18 GT (without the digital dash option) I have an oil temp "gauge" although it's just a picture with no actual numbering to indicate the specific temperature or temperature range. For oil pressure, I just have a readout that says "NORMAL" (or, god forbid, "LOW") with no way to view the actual PSI. I think they deliberately nerf the readouts on the base car as an incentive to get buyers to buy the performance pack gauges,

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Yes I have a Nov 2017 build car. I have a “oil temp” gauge, but not the readout like OP asks, I made a post similar to this July last year when I got my car
Can you post a photo of your oil temp readout? It's displayed in the digital dash?
My car does not have any oil temp read out. Late 17 build
I can only imsgine the response from a dealer me asking them to change the firmware.....

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Can you post a photo of your oil temp readout? It's displayed in the digital dash?
I can only imsgine the response from a dealer me asking them to change the firmware.....

The dealer will not go backwards in firmware programming. Not saying it can't be done but someone will have to have a version of it and the ability to program it.

Here is a shot of mine......I have no intention of upgrading my firmware. While the oil gauge is nice, I appreciate the ability to scroll through all the gauges with the up/down arrows on the steering wheel at will.

IMG_2561.png

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

Mine looks exactly like what’s posted. I don’t mind I just don’t know how lol.

Im Really surprised no one has hacked or wrote some different firmware/software and we don’t have customer gauges and all yet.
Sponsored