Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Thinking of a green wrap and making my own Bullitt. What you think?
Shellby Bullitt.png
I don't think much of it at all. If you wanted a Bullitt look then you shoulda saved some coin and bought a Bullitt. They're nice cars too. My neighbor has one. I've driven it. It's no comparison to the Voodoo exhaust sound but it's a nice rumble. Shifting is not as precise either. You asked...
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Same here. More pops and crackles and the occasional back fire, but not often.
That's what I thought... Thanks!
I can't wait for my resonators to be delivered so I can throw them away.....!!!!!!!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I don't think much of it at all. If you wanted a Bullitt look then you shoulda saved some coin and bought a Bullitt. They're nice cars too. My neighbor has one. I've driven it. It's no comparison to the Voodoo exhaust sound but it's a nice rumble. Shifting is not as precise either. You asked...
Well when you want a voodoo and DHG you have 2 options, get a Bullitt and then swap a Voodoo or just wrap a GT350. 2nd option is probably cheaper.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Got her ready for a two day HPDE event at Lime Rock by:

- engine oil change
- rear diff fluid change
- brake flush using the Motive Power bleeder (awesome tool and won’t go back to pumping the brakes)
- left to right tire swap (Lime Rock is predominately right turns)

She’s at about 14,600 fun filled miles

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Hit 15000 miles today between the drive to Lime Rock and the 5 track sessions. First time driving this track and pretty happy with my 1:02 flat :like:. This car is so much fun.

Sponsored

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Looks AMAZING! Nice job!! How much time did you spend on paint correction beforehand? I take delivery of my 19' GT350 on Tuesday and trying to determine if I want to tackle this myself or leave it to a professional. I do have a Torq 10FX DA polisher, just scared to use it on a brand new car ;-)

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I do have a Torq 10FX DA polisher, just scared to use it on a brand new car ;-)
Don't be afraid to use it on a brand new car. When I brought my Ruby Red home within 30 seconds I was peeling the stripes off. It left a shadow of where the stripes were so out came the DA. That is the best thing about the DA. It is extremely hard to do damage. Within an hour the Ruby Red was better than factory with no swirls or scratches. DA's are extremely user friendly. Lots of videos on YouTube. Check out this guy. He is a little long winded but has a lot of good information.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVlOAVbs8QbHMmKdVWTleaQ

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
It was like 20 hours of prep and correction. Then the coating was easy. I used a Rupes polisher.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
There is nothing better for a car detailing nut to receive a new vehicle that is un-touched... Then spend hours bonding with your new car. I requested no wash during PDI and I plan on 10 - 15 hours of pure bliss while I get the paint "dialed in".
I have already collected all of the chemicals... Now I just need the car!
I even splurged and finally bought the three buckets from OG!

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Don't be afraid to use it on a brand new car. When I brought my Ruby Red home within 30 seconds I was peeling the stripes off. It left a shadow of where the stripes were so out came the DA. That is the best thing about the DA. It is extremely hard to do damage. Within an hour the Ruby Red was better than factory with no swirls or scratches. DA's are extremely user friendly. Lots of videos on YouTube. Check out this guy. He is a little long winded but has a lot of good information.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVlOAVbs8QbHMmKdVWTleaQ
Thanks Mike for the confidence boost and the link! What kind of finishing polish did you use. I've used the Chemical Guys Scratch & Swirl remover which worked well on my 15', but in the sunlight I can see where I was working. Wondering if I need to complete it with a finishing polish?
Sponsored