Need some tuning advice...

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi everyone, first post and first time mustang owner, so far I love it....

So I got a ‘17 GT and started modding away lately, car came with Roush axle back and a H pipe that I don’t know what brand, but I installed the Roush cold air intake and got the RevX tuner through American muscle with the free tune from Bama...finally got my tune and told them to do it for the Roush with Venturi insert removed and 93 oct.

Uploaded to car and seems to run fine....except, when I start..especially cold start...the rpms sit around 1000 and then about 10 seconds later boom drops instantly to like 550-600 and it does there, idles smooth but such a quick harsh drop on a cold motor seemed weird...then past couple times I’ve driven I noticed when I’m leaving by the time I’m making into 3rd gear I look down the cars dead...the engine shut off...now I’m like maybe I slipped and hit the button (still getting used to such a awkward position for a start button) ....okay so next day leaving for work again about 3rd or 4th gear I go to slow down for stop sign and boom the engine off again...so now I’m like ok it’s not me...

It’s so weird cause it’s only happens so far in the morning when I start the car let it warm for a minute and start driving off to work... besides that it seems to be running fine and smooth but somethings not right...anyone experience something like that I’m thinking it’s the tune because since uploading it I haven’t run into this...
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Please look into a custom tune from one of the reputable ones such as AED, PBD or Lund. Canned ones are not advisable. Performance and driveability are not optimal. What you are experiencing should not happen.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Problem #1, going with Bama for tuning. Go with a better tuner.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
I am running LUND and love it.. I had VMP for every car prior. Those would be my 1/2

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Plus 1 for switching tuners.. Lund, PBD, or AED... no one else

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
lootinleoni

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Awesome thanks for quick replies and suggestions!

I will definitely be checking them out!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
VMP, Lund, AED, PBD are all reputable. From personal expedrienec on the S550 platform, Lund if its an auto. Any of the four if its a stick shift car. My 17 had VMP on it whe I bought it. I chose to retune with PBD. I then later went to Lund. For an auto Lund is the best of the three form my experience and preference of shifting strategies. I found Lund to have the best service of all three with VMP second and PBD a distant third. I have not used AED but have heard nothing but good things about them.

Run the Ngauge device for the S550 regardless of who you go with. The SCT X4 was not a good experience with this platform ECU. on S197 platform ECU's it is awesome.

OP
OP
lootinleoni

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What’s everyone’s take on the RevX tuner? That’s the one I have....

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Never used one. I've always chosen to remain line level behind the latest device/operating system to assure all the bugs have been worked out.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What’s everyone’s take on the RevX tuner? That’s the one I have....
It's just a repackaged SCT BDX. Same I currently use NA no issues. When going FI will likely go Lund and have to switch to nGuage.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^ Lund will tune using BDX anb X4 according to the pricing on their website. However I can't blame you on going with the Ngauge. I'm sold on it with this platform N/A or FI.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Im only a week into LUND and the support has been good even though its email back and forth.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Your issue is most likely the lack of proper tuning. We highly recommend going with one of the reputable industry leading custom tuners we offer here at Lethal Performance. Lund Racing, Palm Beach Dyno, Li Tuning & Racing, AED and ID Motorsports are all well known for providing excellent custom tuning services. Lund Racing has been tuning all of our project car for over a decade now with excellent results which include 3 of our GT500's, 4 Coyotes (2011, 2012 Boss, 2015 GT and now our 2018 GT) as well as several other Ford Performance vehicles.

Give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with and we'll be glad to assist you.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/the-tune-shop-at-lethal-performance
tuneshop_zpsak05rpce.jpg
Sponsored