gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
Guys,

I need your help and opinions(please this's not a war). I am between two twin turbo kits hellion sleeper kit or LPF twin turbo kit. I appreciate your serious recommendations. The two kits have very similar prices. My only concern regarding LPF is the type of turbo they use, but on the other hand all their cars run better times than the hellion sleeper kit, but the customer services of Hellion it's quickly and awesome.
Sponsored

Hyper771987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
From my experience:

Every time I call hellion they pick up and answer all my questions and are honest about what I need for my power goals.

I have tried calling LPF and emailing them multiple times. I have yet to receive a reply.

I am currently running the hellion sleeper kit.

Sponsored

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the hellion kit. The install is about to be completed by local installer. Hellion kit takes appx 2-3 weeks to recieve, and I hear the lpf kit takes MUCH longer, months. The lpf kit has comp oiless turbos but you still have to run coolant lines to them. Hellion kit you have to run coolant lines and oil lines to turbos with base kit, or upgrade to precision turbos and you only have to run oil lines.

As far as customer service, Hellion has always answered the phone, or replied back to my PM during normal business hours right away. I did inquire about the LPF kit a while back and the responses were few and far between.

Quality... I can only speak for hellion but the installer was very impressed with the welds, how complete and how well packaged the kit is, and was even more impressed with the price of everything. Team Beeefcake for bundle pricing.

Regarding performance, I'm not sure if it's the turbos or what, but LPF always seems to have huge/much better numbers on such low boost. I can't speak for Hellion numbers yet but hopefully this week I'll be able to.

I'll be running low boost, 9ish lbs, on E85.

Last edited:

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
I have the LPF kit and I am very happy with it. Justin is pretty tough to get ahold of but has ALWAYS come through with answers (just not as quick as I might have liked). The kit comes with zero instructions, though he does have a bunch of pictures that he will email you that explain a lot. When I ordered my kit it took 3 months to come in. I had done my due diligence and I knew all of this going in. I chose LPF because the street sleeper wasn't out yet and LPF cars, for some reason, always seem to be faster than others.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
John the owner of Hellion is a quality business owner. Very helpful and just a very nice person all around. Answers all questions about any issue without an attitude. Someone like this is hard to find in the performance world. The whole crew is top notch very nice. The LPF kit has improved over the past couple years and for the price very nice. Both kits have their ups and downs. I am running the Sleeper by Hellion but would run the LPF as well. If we all step back and think about it the competition helps customer price point.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
As you know I have the LPF kit and we've talked privately multiple times. I'll put my recommendation on here as well for others to see!

Justin does a great job with these cars and I recommend him to anyone. He can be very difficult to get ahold of. Main reason being it is a one man shop. Tuning, welding, racing, engine building, trans building, TT kit building, installs. Dude does it all at his shop. I've talked with him recently and he says he is trying to revamp his customer service. He says the best way to get in contact right now is to message the Facebook page for LPF.

I'm local to him so luckily I can just drive by there on my way home from work. If anyone is trying to get into contact with him just let me know. I'll usually remind him if I remember when I stop by. Which is usually once or twice a week.

Now onto my car:
My car has out performed my expectations. It is absolutely unreal how fast the car is. My first time taking the car out I ran 9.3 at 147mph on only 9lbs. This was my second pass ever with the car. My first pass with it I ran 9.5 @145 and that was only on gate pressure, which peaked at mid 7's. I have since gone back to the track and ran 9.04 @153mph after taking some weight out of the car and peaked at mid 11lbs. Since then I have gotten bear brakes for the front, switched to 15'' fronts with a bias ply, got a set of beadlocks on the rear, had the Stage 2+ 10r80 package installed by and from LPF, and have a kirkey seat ready to go in. I'm hoping for a high 8 once the weather gets back to optimal!

I've competed in two no prep events recently as well. First one was actually the first night the car was finished! I raced in the daily destruction class for both. Rules were full interior, 2005 or newer and no motor swaps.
Made it to the finals at both events. 1st one I lost due to myself, when lighting up the staging beams I went too far and deep staged the car and red lighted. This last one I just competed in I got second again only to lose to Justin's wifes car. Which is a 2018 mustang with his kit on it as well. Some of the cars we raced against were: Gen 2 TT CTS-V by gforce, TT Camaro with a th400 standalone and everything else(not even sure how he was considered a daily), C5 vette with a 427 and 400 shot of nitrous, demon thats ran 9.0's multiple times, and plenty of other fast cars!

Justin set my entire car up. He knows exactly how to make these cars work. I've followed everything he recommended and it has worked in my favor since! First car to get done by him was my 2017 V6 with spray. A Camaro owner decided my car shouldn't be on the road anymore about two weeks after the tuning was done. Then got a 2018 GT and put speed daddy headers and have him tune it. A dodge ram decided that car shouldn't be on the road either lol. Now have my Orange Fury 2018 and you can see everything in my sig that I have had done by Justin.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on for your car to trap 147 on 9lbs with LPF kit. I see a guy with sleeper kit on 12lbs do a 148. Quite the difference in boost for the results. Maybe weather? But that's a huge jump.

The kits look very similar in layout. The biggets difference is the turbos looking at it.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on for your car to trap 147 on 9lbs with LPF kit. I see a guy with sleeper kit on 12lbs do a 148. Quite the difference in boost for the results. Maybe weather? But that's a huge jump.

The kits look very similar in layout. The biggets difference is the turbos looking at it.
Does the sleeper kit car have the 10r80?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)

I ran 9.04 at 153 on less than 12lbs. Good weather and also took about 150lbs out of the car back when I ran that. Back seats, catback, passenger seat, and a few other small things. Car weight 3750 with me in it.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ran 9.04 at 153 on less than 12lbs. Good weather and also took about 150lbs out of the car back when I ran that. Back seats, catback, passenger seat, and a few other small things. Car weight 3750 with me in it.
What is your setup?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)