Seniors: Louder Exhaust?

OldGuy2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT V-8 Premium
I thought the stock exhaust was just a bit too quiet so I had the resonator replaced with X-pipe and kept the stock mufflers. I think this is the way Ford should have built the car in first place. It has just the right tone now without droning. My wife barley noticed the difference inside the car with the windows up. By the way, it also shaved weight off the car; the resonator is quite heavy.
Sponsored

OldGuy2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I thought the stock exhaust was just a bit too quiet so I had the resonator replaced with X-pipe and kept the stock mufflers. I think this is the way Ford should have built the car in first place. It has just the right tone now without droning. My wife barley noticed the difference inside the car with the windows up. By the way, it also shaved weight off the car; the resonator is quite heavy.
This is the first "mod" we did to our 18 GT PP Premium. Love the sound especially in the AM.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Steeda H pipe has arrived. Need to find some time to get it installed at the muffler shop.. Do not feel like cutting it myself. Knowing my luck I will mess it up. LOL
You’ll enjoy the Steeda H-pipe

WARDCLEAVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustand GT Premium, 2016 Nissan Truck
65 here, Kooks OR Long Tubes with Corsa exhaust.
I creep around town to avoid Johnny Law.
Take her to the country to let her holler, and boy, she can holler....:sunglasses:

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I had a local exhaust shop install our resonator delete X pipe. Unless you have a lift this installation would not be fun.
I have a lift I can use but there are a few shops that will install it for me for around $100. Will check with them next week on date/time.

OldGuy2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I have a lift I can use but there are a few shops that will install it for me for around $100. Will check with them next week on date/time.
That is what I paid for the installation. You will love the cold starts............they rattle my windows.

liv2roc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt/cs ,2004 Mustang Mach1, 1984 mustang gt 350
Im 54 and running boss 302 quad sidepipes

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm 60 and have a 17GT and also a 19GT. The 17 GT was a bit too quiet, and the 19GT is just about right. Both with stock exhausts. Ford really enhanced the sound level in the 19GT, almost too much. :)

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
My first mod was a Roush axle back exhaust. Did it myself. A bit nerve wracking to cut on a brand new car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
After 7 pages of replies it's pretty clear many seniors do enjoy modifying exhausts to get more volume and/or change the tone. However, it appears we do it in moderation. (I'm not seeing many catless longtubes with Corsa Extremes.) Many elect to keep the 2018+ exhaust stock given it's not as quiet as the 15-17. Lots of resonator deletes out there keeping stock mufflers.

Deleted member 35786

That is what I paid for the installation. You will love the cold starts............they rattle my windows.
Hopefully it will not be that loud with factory mufflers. :) Have an appt this week to get it installed.
I will hang on to the resonator just in case.. heh

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
After 7 pages of replies it's pretty clear many seniors do enjoy modifying exhausts to get more volume and/or change the tone. However, it appears we do it in moderation. (I'm not seeing many catless longtubes with Corsa Extremes.) Many elect to keep the 2018+ exhaust stock given it's not as quiet as the 15-17. Lots of resonator deletes out there keeping stock mufflers.
Mainly because it doesn't sound all that good. Just loud with more drone and of course illegal in most states.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
In a parking structure this morning, I remembered for the first time to open my windows, mute the music and rev the engine. Stock 2018 5.0 engine, stock exhaust, old ears that pretty much ignore anything above 4k herz*. Sound was perfect. I can't see how any modification could improve on it.

EDIT: Make that 3,500 Hz, according to today's 20-20,00 sweep.-

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Active exhaust with x-pipe is music to my ears... nothing more needed unless I someday do long tube headers. :like:
Sponsored