Sponsored

The official M6G DIY Home Repair thread

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok so we all tinker, modify, upgrade and/or fix our vehicles... So here’s a thread where M6G members can post up about their Home/Shop repairs/updates or ask questions if stuck...

I’ll start it off - has anyone R&R’d their own gas hot water heater? Ours is not leaking or anything, but it is aged and we’re shopping for a new one. I’ve also called around to receive some Pro quotes for the complete job (cost of unit + R&R). I have also researched the cost of just the unit itself so I know if quotes are fair when including labor or if I’m being grossly overcharged.

I’ve R&R’d toilets, sinks, sprinkler system, garbage disposals, dishwashers, gas dryer, gas stoves, replaced electrical fixtures as well as removing wallboard and reinstalling new, etc etc etc....

Also replaced the main circuit board in our GE fridge and replaced the capacitor in our outside AC compressor. So I guess I’m considered somewhat a Home DIYer... lol!

But I’ve never attempted a gas hot water heater...
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I’ve replaced a electric hot water heater tank back in 2008.

Bought my house in 2017 so far replaced the kitchen sink, garbage disposal dish washer, removed and built a new ramp for the shed to drive the riding lawn mower/motorcycle up and down. Installed a pull down, foldable attic stairs in the garage.

Replaced the thermostat with a Nest thermostat so I can remotely control the temp from anywhere with my phone. Same for the garage door installed a myQ garage door opener so I can remotely control the garage in case I forgot to close it or I can let friends or family in by controlling the garage door from my phone.

Did an oops! Moment swapping shower heads and having the pvc pipe break at the connector inside the wall. Having to cut open the wall, cut out the connector and install a new connector, then patch the wall and repaint the whole bathroom since we didn’t really like the color the previous owner picked.

Pulled the circuit board out of the LG French door refrigerator but yet to buy one because there is 3 different one’s. Ive research it to the one I need but they are expensive and I hate to spend money on it hoping it fixes the issue with it.

Tore up the master bathroom shower because the previous owner put river rocks for the shower floor and some of the rocks came loose and fell out. Never did a shower floor before but have all the materials and new tile/tile saw to put a new floor down but too lazy to actually do it. lol I’ll get to it one of these weekends. I’ve got some other projects I’ve done too but then it would make my long post even longer. lol

Last edited: