Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know how many model years they are making this gen?
No clue. But if I had to guess 4 years and then some kind of face-lift or "small" update to string it along for another 4. That seems to be rather common in the industry across many vehicle classes and borne out by Ford's own history.
Sponsored

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
At 1250 units for the "golden ticket" and 5000 total the ticket isn't nearly as limited as the 350R in a given model year. Not sure collectibility will be the same over the long hual. I suppose it depends on the production run years. If they were to make this for say 4 years with 1250/year then 5000 units of the golden ticket certainly isn't quite as limitedas the R. Also, this thing is a "gas guzzler". Given the shift toward more EV's and diesel/bio diesel vehicles I cannot imagine that any gasoline car will hold value over the next 20 years. But, in the land of largess, every one is still free to spend their own $ the way they see fit. I love the 500, I def will get one, while I can afford the adms, there is a principle that makes me hold off on those and will either get one for MSRP (or small ADM) or just wait as I did on my 18 R. I got that one used with 500 miles and at less than MSRP.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
well, how about new 2019 R for 10% off? It's been mentioned on this site for a week and been listed on the dealer's site for a few more.
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ5K5551473

I don't doubt the first 3 years of production that was likely true because production numbers were around 2500 units. It's not the case any more, at least in certain areas of the country. First MY GT500 will be tough to get, no doubt. But the market for Shelby's is pretty damn small and those who would have gotten one, more than likely already did so. With production numbers expected to be 2x what Ford did with the 350 series, I expect the buying pressure will deflate significantly faster and with it the ability to command ADM.
They made a ton of regular 350s and even now, they aren’t giving them away. Good luck - I’m just saying that you might be waiting for a potential zero savings just to not be driving for whatever amount of time that is. You might get reduced ADM at some point or even no adm but I do t see any fire sales coming up.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
At 1250 units for the "golden ticket" and 5000 total the ticket isn't nearly as limited as the 350R in a given model year. Not sure collectibility will be the same over the long hual. I suppose it depends on the production run years. If they were to make this for say 4 years with 1250/year then 5000 units of the golden ticket certainly isn't quite as limitedas the R. Also, this thing is a "gas guzzler". Given the shift toward more EV's and diesel/bio diesel vehicles I cannot imagine that any gasoline car will hold value over the next 20 years. But, in the land of largess, every one is still free to spend their own $ the way they see fit. I love the 500, I def will get one, while I can afford the adms, there is a principle that makes me hold off on those and will either get one for MSRP (or small ADM) or just wait as I did on my 18 R. I got that one used with 500 miles and at less than MSRP.
Not sure if all 1250 CFTP cars are dual ticket vehicles - as in - carbon and then the painted stripes.

Both option classify the vehicle as the golden goose. Ford said 1250 will be CFTP, so maybe 1/4-1/3 or those will be dual optioned cars.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
actually this so called "golden ticket" is the CFTP and the painted on stripes, but you can get either/or option. You don't have to choose both, but either is that allocation.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the lindsay ford discount on that R isn't legit. already spoke to them. last year they had a legit $5k off a new (white) R and a member here got it. this particular R is "in error" on the website. just for the record.
Maybe so, or it's just BS to hold out for someone willing to being jaw-boned up to ~MSRP. They changed the price of the car I eventually bought 3 times in 24hrs to game perceived interest and day of month timing. Their website operator is perfectly able to "fix the error" in a timely fashion if they wanted to. That "the error" continues to persist leads one to question the veracity of the excuse. I've bought cars for "as advertised" (actually lower since I cram transport and "fees" back at them) simply by standing firm despite their incessant jaw-boning the price upward. Now, they may not part with that car at advertised no way, no how. I don't know. But if they sold one last year for 5K off, it's not ridiculous to think they would do so again.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
actually this so called "golden ticket" is the CFTP and the painted on stripes, but you can get either/or option. You don't have to choose both, but either is that allocation.
Oh that’s interesting- I was wondering if they were separate considerations - I wonder how many Base + Painted Stripes cars will be ordered!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
'asking' price is analogous to 'reserve' price. It's a hoped for price even if steeped in irrational assumptions in the hope even just one somebody will pay it. I'm not privy to how KBB arrives at their numbers aside from the fact they appear to be consistently 8-13% high the times I've consulted them. I prefer NADA black book but like they say in the fine print, they are estimates based on sales data and other factors.

Value is set by the buyer. It's a universal rule regardless of the good in question. That there are a "bunch" of overpriced 997.1's out there says to me the price is way too high or else there would be far fewer of them hanging around on listings. I don't know anything about the 997 and if it has (in)tangible factors that sellers are clinging to to justify the premium.
there is no difference. they are selling at the higher amount; find me a under 60k mile 997.1 turbo coupe manual, for within 5k of NADA value, and ill buy it. until then, enjoy being wrong

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
find me a under 60k mile 997.1 coupe manual, for within 5k of NADA value, and ill buy it
There are 60-80 such cars on CarGurus alone to choose from modulo whatever trim you wanted to use as the benchmark. (I used 4S AWD to set price upperbound - under 60Kmi, under $49k, 2004-8). I don't know why you seem butt-hurt over my post - the seller doesn't set the price, the buyer does.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
nada.JPG
guru.JPG
There are 60-80 such cars on CarGurus alone to choose from modulo whatever trim you wanted to use as the benchmark. (I used 4S AWD to set price upperbound - under 60Kmi, under $49k, 2004-8). I don't know why you seem butt-hurt over my post - the seller doesn't set the price, the buyer does.

interesting, i spoke of several 997.1 turbos. odd how you have to change the car to fit your argument.

Lets talk about what i said. 2007-2009 997.1 turbo coupe, manuals for NEAR KBB ( or your NADA) value.

cant find them. can you? so please, explain to me, how a car valued at 51k dealer retail, is selling for 20-30k over.. and when you find a 50k 997.1 turbo coupe, ill buy 2 of them

i will restate it. How do you explain the price difference here? its "value" is X, the market will not see one sold anywhere near "x"

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I totally overlooked your 'turbo' criteria.

Some quick numbers says NADA is using an annual depreciation schedule of around 9% vs the sellers are holding out for about 5%. I don't know Porches so I can't say if there is some good reason why that marque should depreciate at roughly half the rate the rest of the industry is subject to. Not to mention there seems to be a bit of 'cult'/desirability status to the 977.1 over the .2 series. The 911 Turbo is a halo car of a halo marque. The GT500 doesn't have that kind of pull - or at least I have no reason to think it would develop such.

I think it's safe to say KBB/NADA's algorithms are off with respect to this particular model (probably GT/GT2+ as well). If the CarGuru's IMV are anything to go by KBB et. al. are low by 15-20%. Then again 1/2 price at the 10 year mark really isn't crazy.

In any event, Sellers will maximize, Buyers will minimize. Listings are not actual, cleared transactions and so are only a guide. If you always pay the ask, well that's your choice.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Sorry, I totally overlooked your 'turbo' criteria.

Some quick numbers says NADA is using an annual depreciation schedule of around 9% vs the sellers are holding out for about 5%. I don't know Porches so I can't say if there is some good reason why that marque should depreciate at roughly half the rate the rest of the industry is subject to. Not to mention there seems to be a bit of 'cult'/desirability status to the 977.1 over the .2 series. The 911 Turbo is a halo car of a halo marque. The GT500 doesn't have that kind of pull - or at least I have no reason to think it would develop such.

I think it's safe to say KBB/NADA's algorithms are off with respect to this particular model (probably GT/GT2+ as well). If the CarGuru's IMV are anything to go by KBB et. al. are low by 15-20%. Then again 1/2 price at the 10 year mark really isn't crazy.

In any event, Sellers will maximize, Buyers will minimize. Listings are not actual, cleared transactions and so are only a guide. If you always pay the ask, well that's your choice.
damn. a based response. i was expecting this to go the persoanl insult route, glad its not.

I can tell you why the prices are holding where they are. 1st, last manual metzger, 2, perception of collectablility, 3, forums wont allow people to argue or comment on the price

but my point was there really isnt a good reason for the prices higher than listed, other than people are willing to pay it, so private parties and dealers alike, will sit on them for years, because buyers come along

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
not comparable, the c8 will be a rental available car going to be built as many as GM can. GT500 is and always has been limited production.
Yeah, not comparable at all. One is going to be a mid engine, race derived, light weight, sports car comparable to exotics... the other is a mustang

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anything is only worth what the market dictates. Some jackass pays that mark up, it sets the standard moving forward. Exclusivity has a price, but at the end of the day, its a S550 with a blower and some other doo-dads... DCT is cool, but at that price? Not to me...
well a 911 GT3rs is just a 911 with a few mods, so?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.