Sponsored

3.7L belt squeal....

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
Got the car back from service today. They replaced the main accessory drive belt and it seems to have fixed the squeak. We shall see as time goes on if it returns. So far though it seems like an easy enough fix!
Thanks for the update!

I originally replied to you when you posted this thread a while back; had the same issue.

But, it actually seems to have gone away. I used to hear it almost every time I started the car, but now I haven't heard it in a few weeks. Guess I'm going to leave it alone for now.

Glad to hear they serviced it for you! Hopefully they fixed it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
It is back.... :mad::tsk:

The tensioner has got to be the issue. Once a new belt wears in the tensioner is not putting enough pressure on the belt to keep it tight.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It is back.... :mad::tsk:

The tensioner has got to be the issue. Once a new belt wears in the tensioner is not putting enough pressure on the belt to keep it tight.
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same squeal on my '17 and it's getting quite annoying.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same squeal on my '17 and it's getting quite annoying.
A new tensioner and the lightweight water pump pulley from MMR solved the issue for me.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
A new tensioner and the lightweight water pump pulley from MMR solved the issue for me.
Thanks for the update on an older thread. Sucks to see it took such an undertaking to remedy. I suppose if it's not harming anything I can live with the defect. However, while I'm still under warranty I might try to reference the TSB you posted, so thank you for that.
Sponsored