Sponsored

went to the track last nignt and would like opinions!

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
[QUOTE="bluebeastsrt, post: 2595851, member: 15685"And just imagine what a sixty you'd get? If you did it right. And dropped the pressure in your drag radials to where they should be. 1.39-1.42@30psi tire pressure in a supercharged car. Get the f$&k out of here. With that nonsense! Go into the forced induction section. And see how many buy into your 30psi bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Tires have been sitting on the shelf since that night...they were @28 cold
h5dDH6r.jpg

QHrd159.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tyguy

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
So i tried again last night...unplugged, 20psi, 2000DA
I was able to finally squeeze a 1.89 60ft back to back. Im not sure if im just getting better at launching it or what, it felt pretty good stalling it up as high as my brakes would allow. However, my best time was still only 8.30 at 85 mph...I think im almost to a point where i think its doing all it can do as it sits.
Also, Im not sure i like ditching my line lock being unplugged. First i tried doing a second gear burnout in s mode and it seemed ok. The next time it would just bog the car so i had to shift to 1st gear is s mode, but even at that i feel like it wasnt spinning both tires like it should. It also pulled me hard to one side as i let out. Where with the line lock i had a much cleaner burnout, and i would roll out straight. Anyone else have the same issues or am i doing something wrong?
71169525-F370-4705-A4F7-17045797B564.jpeg

Last edited:

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
are they putting enough water down and are you getting the tires fully wet before the burnout? I give the throttle a blip as i roll through the water to coat the whole tire and then do a 2nd gear burnout just on the tree side of the water, then roll out til it bites. If its struggling to burnout the tires arent wet enough and you'll kill the clutches quick.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I do not unplug,I hold down the traction control button until advanced traction control is off and push OK.
I then use the Factory Line Lock,but you only have 15 seconds once the factory line lock is activated.

OP
OP
tyguy

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I went again last friday night. I averaged the same times, 8.30s at 85mph with 1.90s 60ft.
This time i didnt unplug so i could use the line lock, just seems much easier on everything when doing a burnout. I stayed at 25psi, and one pass my line lock messed up so i didnt even do a burnout, still no wheelspin. I think its safe to say this car is in no way spinning! Ive tried all i can try and yield the same results. Its time for a converter if i want to get any more serious.
I was also thinking, i did actually gain some numbers with the weigh loss. It wasnt apparent at first because my expectations were obviously too high. But to run consistently 8.30s before, i had to have some dam good air such as 700DA. Where as now I can run consistently 8.30s in 1500+DA. Also, correct me if im wrong, but you probably wont notice as much time difference in an 1/8 as you will in a 1/4 mile.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Tyguy, you are 100% correct. In spite of what some guys with serious mods will tell you, your stock engine, A6, 3.15 gear will not have traction issues with your drag radials on a prepped track. Yes, you are running as well in higher DA now as you did in lower DA before mods so the weight reduction helped.

I also prefer line lock. It saves heat and wear on the rear brakes and lets the wheels spin more easily.

Run again this fall in good air and you may see an 8 flat. There are dozens of cars like yours that run at my tracks and your times are quicker than most of them.

Last edited:

TurboMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I went again last friday night. I averaged the same times, 8.30s at 85mph with 1.90s 60ft.
This time i didnt unplug so i could use the line lock, just seems much easier on everything when doing a burnout. I stayed at 25psi, and one pass my line lock messed up so i didnt even do a burnout, still no wheelspin. I think its safe to say this car is in no way spinning! Ive tried all i can try and yield the same results. Its time for a converter if i want to get any more serious.
I was also thinking, i did actually gain some numbers with the weigh loss. It wasnt apparent at first because my expectations were obviously too high. But to run consistently 8.30s before, i had to have some dam good air such as 700DA. Where as now I can run consistently 8.30s in 1500+DA. Also, correct me if im wrong, but you probably wont notice as much time difference in an 1/8 as you will in a 1/4 mile.
you arent spinning a radial on a bone stock car at any psi. i didnt spin 555 g2's when my car was catback only and those tires are trash. regardless of the guy claiming you can run 1.6 and 1.7 60's on a stock car with stock converter, he clearly has never tried it because it isnt happening. my car with PMAS, ported 18, TSP longtubes and catback didnt spin 305 ET SS and best i could pull was a 1.85 60 with 3.55 gears. car went 12.0@117 i think the 1/8 was a 7.9@92 or something like that.

OP
OP
tyguy

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
i agree, i appreciate all the feedback tho, hope it saves some other people some time if they are shooting for similar results. And if they do figure out how to pull a better 60ft with similar setup to mine, congrats to them, but it aint gana happen with this car. Period.

OP
OP
tyguy

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Well time to bring this post back to settle the debate. I went back to the track last weekend after installing a lund e85 tune along with a 170 thermostat.
I noticed a huge difference in temperatures and the car runs its ass off now compared to the stock tune. The car chirped my drag radials every shift down the track. I had DA within 300 ft of the time i could only muster and 8.28 before the tune.
I made a new personal best of 7.77 @ 90mph with a 1.79 60ft. I backed up the runs as well. So with a tune and 170 thermostat, and my drag radials still at 30psi, i shaved a half second off my ET. I couldn’t be happier.
Sponsored