husseinr19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussein
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey All,
I have a 17 GT Premium with a Roush axle back currently. I've had fun with it, now its time to go louder. I looked into it, adding a res delete for X/H pipe would make it very very loud. I am now wondering, is it possible to add valves somewhere? Any kits that would fit for these cars?
Thanks for the input!
Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Roush does an active exhaust upgrade but its expensive, around $1,600 but this does include the custom exhaust tone (you need an iphone for this). For cheaper, you could buy value cut outs to fully open the exhaust placed before the mufflers.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
For cheaper, you could buy value cut outs to fully open the exhaust placed before the mufflers.
Check before doing this. Can't speak to NY or ON (check your local laws), but this is flat out illegal in MA and CA.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you really realize how loud Roush axle backs are by themselves. Don't you ever hear your exhaust bouncing off of trucks while have your windows down? Roush is a very loud exhaust. Now that being said I ordered an xpipe for mine but if you're not sure I wouldn't xpipe it because it becomes super loud. Or go active exhaust

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Check before doing this. Can't speak to NY or ON (check your local laws), but this is flat out illegal in MA and CA.
Don't spoil the fun! :rockon: Open exhausts are illegal in NY and even some tracks require maximum db ratings. That's the best part of an active exhaust, just switch the knob when you see trouble (cops). I actually enjoy the Roush active exhaust open at low rpms get some great backfire every now and then.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Don't spoil the fun! :rockon: Open exhausts are illegal in NY and even some tracks require maximum db ratings. That's the best part of an active exhaust, just switch the knob when you see trouble (cops). I actually enjoy the Roush active exhaust open at low rpms get some great backfire every now and then.
Having non-factory-installed valves is illegal in MA, and it's nominally part of the annual inspection process. The state has recently forced inspection stations to install remote-access cameras that turn on during inspections so that the state can play Peeping Tom if they wish during any inspection. Flaming PITA.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have a 17 with Roush Axle Back and a Steeda H Pipe and it sounds awesome
Sponsored