Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Only catback and Lund tune + DW95/DW400. Pretty close to a stock setup.
I'd like to stay with the stock kit but Lund and PBD as far as I know will only tune with atleast adding a BAP. I'm not against a BAP but would rather just get a different tune since I'm not looking for big gains in hp. Brenspeed offers a tune for the stock kit but I have not heard any reviews on it. I seen there video and there #'s look good but that says nothing for driveability and reliability. Like I said, I'm not really looking for any more hp but Edelbrock tune only drives great at light throttle and full throttle and it's very sluggish everywhere in between.
Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
I'd like to stay with the stock kit but Lund and PBD as far as I know will only tune with atleast adding a BAP. I'm not against a BAP but would rather just get a different tune since I'm not looking for big gains in hp. Brenspeed offers a tune for the stock kit but I have not heard any reviews on it. I seen there video and there #'s look good but that says nothing for driveability and reliability. Like I said, I'm not really looking for any more hp but Edelbrock tune only drives great at light throttle and full throttle and it's very sluggish everywhere in between.
Love my Lund tune. No BAP required. Waiting on a dyno day to see numbers.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Lund tune. No BAP required. Waiting on a dyno day to see numbers.
They tuned without a BAP? I was under the impression that they required it for all FI?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
They tuned without a BAP? I was under the impression that they required it for all FI?
I guess it depends on who you get, but I was told they wouldn't tune the LU47s and since I was upgrading the injectors I needed at least a BAP. I ended up getting a check valved DW400 after I did the BAP (ordered it before but it took forever to ship) and installed that too as extra insurance.

Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
My kit came with the 50lb injectors.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also I just took the TB off to clean it and I noticed this
Yuck. I can't remember, are you running a catch can? Mine could be doing the same thing with the JLT I suppose...haven't taken the TB off since the dyno tune.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
So I just did the 170F thermostat, the car is MUCH happier with this. Easy 20 minute job, I taped a thick trash bag kind of around and under the thermostat housing and it dumped the coolant into there, then I just poured it into a tub and put it right back in the reservoir. Did a test drive and the highest CHT I saw was 196F instead of 216-218F.

Yuck. I can't remember, are you running a catch can? Mine could be doing the same thing with the JLT I suppose...haven't taken the TB off since the dyno tune.
Yeah I do have a UPR can and the PCV lines on both the clean and dirty sides are squeaky clean and dry. No idea where its coming from.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My kit came with the 50lb injectors.[/QUOT
My kit came with the 50lb injectors.
My kit came with Bosch 50lb injectors and Lund just told me they will not tune for those injectors. What brand are yours? Does anyone know if edelbrock ships different injectors from kit to kit?

Last edited:

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
My kit came with Bosch 50lb injectors and Lund just told me they will not tune for those injectors. What brand are yours? Does anyone know if edelbrock ships different injectors from kit to kit?
Mine came with the Bosch 50 lb injectors as well. I gave them full disclosure on the kit so they were well aware of the parts for tuning. I did go through a couple of tuners at Lund but they got the job done, and done well.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So I just did the 170F thermostat, the car is MUCH happier with this. Easy 20 minute job, I taped a thick trash bag kind of around and under the thermostat housing and it dumped the coolant into there, then I just poured it into a tub and put it right back in the reservoir. Did a test drive and the highest CHT I saw was 196F instead of 216-218F.

Crazy!

I’d like the 170* thermostat as well, but pricing it out here in Ontario it’s $100+ for a thermostat! Nuts!

Mine came with the Bosch 50 lb injectors as well. I gave them full disclosure on the kit so they were well aware of the parts for tuning. I did go through a couple of tuners at Lund but they got the job done, and done well.
Mine came with the 50s as well.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called Edelbrock and according to them ALL 1586 kits get the Bosch 50lb injectors.

JRM96TA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Been working with Ken at Palm Beach on remote tuning mine. Has the 1586 kit, BBK 90mm Throttle Body, C&L 95mm MAF housing and DW 60’s car runs strong and no BAP yet. Hopefully have the final revision worked out in the next few days, busy work schedule makes it hard to get logs to him.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Been working with Ken at Palm Beach on remote tuning mine. Has the 1586 kit, BBK 90mm Throttle Body, C&L 95mm MAF housing and DW 60’s car runs strong and no BAP yet. Hopefully have the final revision worked out in the next few days, busy work schedule makes it hard to get logs to him.
You have a pic of your intake setup?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’d like to see a pic as well!

How is the BBK 90 mm TB working for you?
Sponsored