Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Join the NoVA scat pack page on FB as well as the regular scat pack charger/challenger one. The hellcat page has parts for sale section where you can find good deals. I'm in Fairfax so hope to see you around!
I deleted my FB account back in 2009, but I am in the Fair Lakes area fairly often, so yeah, maybe we'll run into each other. What color is your car?
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
My GT drove well but the 2K rattle/grind was starting to make itself heard across a broader range of rpms. It didn't affect the way it drove, it just didn't sound "right", especially with only 1800mi. Since I got my '19 GT for $9K off MSRP, I figured I'd try and sell to Vroom. They offered me more than I paid for it. I upgraded my wheels/tires so it ended up being a wash. I let them have it.

I looked at Challenger and Charger Scat Packs too. I loved the engine and transmission but I felt like I was the captain of the Love Boat while driving them, especially the Charger. Just couldn't take the size.

I qualified for the conquest offer for the Camaro with my GT registration, so got a '19 1SS A10 for $6500 off MSRP (w/rebates and dealer discount). I liked the GT but the SS is in another league IMO. It blows me away. The GT beats it in visibility but that's it and the SS visibility is never really a problem to be honest. But if I was going to take a substantial loss, I would have kept the GT and probably been fine.

bBid3uc.jpg

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Been awhile; popping this one to the top for those who need Lemon Law info.

Sponsored

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thank you Cobra Jet for the insight and information. I successfully completed the buyback of my 2018 GT with engine issues from start to finish in less than 60 days. The first 20 days the car was sitting at the dealership while they figured out what to do and determined they couldn’t fix my car without assistance. Started a case with Ford and got contacted by a CSM. Asked for a buyback from the CSM after 30 days at the dealership and got approved. Case got transferred to the RAV department and got contacted by a RAV CSM on 6-11-19. From this thread, I essentially knew what they would ask for and I submitted the documents to RAV on the same day I got the original phone call. Stayed in constant email communication through the process, all on my own and without an attorney, and 17 days after the first contact with RAV, took delivery of my brand new 2019 GT PP1. All contact was via phone and email. Never got sent any packet to fill out, or actual forms to sign. All done via esign (except for the handover/swap of collateral on the day I picked up the new car) I got lucky and had a fantastic Ford CSM, and RAV CSM. It can be done when warranted, as mine met every qualification for a lemon in my state. I have a great dealership/service department as well and stayed in constant contact with them. We talked every day (RAV as well). Ford was originally going to send a Field Engineer to try and fix my lemon 18’, but once the buyback got approved no one ever came. To my knowledge, the old 18’ is still at the dealership sitting unfixed . My dealership even put me in a loaner Edge for the entire time all of this was going on. I had previous out of state events planned, and ended up putting over 3000 miles on the Edge. Any questions or knowledge I can give to help anyone, I’d be glad to.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Thank you Cobra Jet for the insight and information. I successfully completed the buyback of my 2018 GT with engine issues from start to finish in less than 60 days. The first 20 days the car was sitting at the dealership while they figured out what to do and determined they couldn’t fix my car without assistance. Started a case with Ford and got contacted by a CSM. Asked for a buyback from the CSM after 30 days at the dealership and got approved. Case got transferred to the RAV department and got contacted by a RAV CSM on 6-11-19. From this thread, I essentially knew what they would ask for and I submitted the documents to RAV on the same day I got the original phone call. Stayed in constant email communication through the process, all on my own and without an attorney, and 17 days after the first contact with RAV, took delivery of my brand new 2019 GT PP1. All contact was via phone and email. Never got sent any packet to fill out, or actual forms to sign. All done via esign (except for the handover/swap of collateral on the day I picked up the new car) I got lucky and had a fantastic Ford CSM, and RAV CSM. It can be done when warranted, as mine met every qualification for a lemon in my state. I have a great dealership/service department as well and stayed in constant contact with them. We talked every day (RAV as well). Ford was originally going to send a Field Engineer to try and fix my lemon 18’, but once the buyback got approved no one ever came. To my knowledge, the old 18’ is still at the dealership sitting unfixed . My dealership even put me in a loaner Edge for the entire time all of this was going on. I had previous out of state events planned, and ended up putting over 3000 miles on the Edge. Any questions or knowledge I can give to help anyone, I’d be glad to.
Glad to hear you had a smooth experience
What were the issues your 18 had?

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Started out as a random misfire on one cylinder. They replaced plugs, and other obvious fixes. Then all 8 cylinders went out. It sat for so long on their Lot I got an alert from the FordPass app that the car had gone into ‘sleep mode’, which I didn’t even know was a thing.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Awesome to hear you were able to successfully be made whole again from RAV! Glad the info has helped others who unfortunately end up with a genuine Lemon and need to get out from under it.

As you experienced and as we (and others have done), if you follow the steps, know your State’s Lemon Law, be persistent and as professional as can be, you will successfully get through the ordeal. Sure, it’s a tedious process and depending on turn around time, the “wait” can be stressful to some, but the end result is better than being stuck with a bad vehicle OR trading it in and taking what could be a bigger financial hit.

Good luck with the 2019!

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I'm glad your experience was so smooth. Mine with a GT350 was nothing like yours. Six months to get the replacement vehicle and almost a year to receive the $2,000.00 additional which was agreed to during the RAV settlement. All the Ford reps were great RAV was a nightmare. These are the bottom lines I have a folder of the countless lies and misinformation from RAV.

Sponsored

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Man...I’m sorry. We had completely opposite experiences with RAV. I went into it expecting a drawn out process and was pleasantly surprised

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Man...I’m sorry. We had completely opposite experiences with RAV. I went into it expecting a drawn out process and was pleasantly surprised
I am really glad your experience was a good one.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I settled out of court with Ford on my second GT350 and purchased a 2019 Grand Sport. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you never experience any issues. I've now done a buyback and a lemon. I would not wish either process on my worst enemy. I would never wish that on anyone.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I settled out of court with Ford on my second GT350 and purchased a 2019 Grand Sport. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you never experience any issues. I've now done a buyback and a lemon. I would not wish either process on my worst enemy. I would never wish that on anyone.

When you have time please post up both VINs. It helps others for future “googling” if coming across those in the wild...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
VIN: 1FA6P8AM4H5244387

Lemon bought back today due to passenger window going up and down on its own and leaking water. Four repair attempts with no luck.
Sponsored