Sponsored

Anyone not using their dealers Golden Ticket?

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I thought it was my job to carry that torch. Oh well.

I said this (and much more) regarding how Ford was marketing the GT500 and how the "Golden Ticket" garbage would piss off prospective buyers. Ignored by many but there was one here that took umbrage with it. And just look how this is playing out...

Yup, this is what I have seen with respect to the Golden Piss Pass...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

It couldn't be more annoying (the HP puzzle runs a close second, weight release third). If this was drummed up by Jim Owens, I'll say it. He's a jackass.

If this has to do with CR's (Carbon Revolution) ability to meet demand and thus a production limit was required, ****ing say it Jimbo. All I've seen since all the CR GT350 wheel hoopla back in 2015 are reports of increased production capacity and expansion in Australia. Millions of dollars from the goverment have been invested to help facilitate growth. Yet I'm still not seeing hordes of manufacturers jumping on the CR bandwagon and I seriously doubt that many are buying one-off CF wheels from CR such they have a limited ability to produce wheels for mass production entities such as FoMoCo.

The GT350R pissed off enough people what with the ridiculous ADM's. We are certainly seeing this with the GT500 already let alone anyone trying to secure a Piss Pass from their local dealer to actually purchase what Ford has been flaunting for months now. It is insulting and makes continued support somewhat difficult. Either make the ****ing car that you advertise available - or don't. And if you are going to require successful completion of various challenges and obstacles in order to even be able to order one (successfully) at least be honest as to why. Enthusiasts are typically the most knowledgeable when it comes to a vehicle purchase and they know when they are being bamboozled. The Willy Wonka solution to a problem that apparently doesn't even exist (awaiting the official explanation) is a kick to the balls that no potential customer should have to endure.

This is a fantastic car. The marketing of it, so far, has been quite the fail.
So much this! This limited production stuff, is bullshit.

For the 13-14 GT500 Jameel came out and said they'd make as many as people wanted, and I think that helped. I bought two of the with no ADM.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
@PP0001 and @Epiphany , both of you are well-respected members here. Hate to see two class guys go at it like this.
There's no hatred here. I commented on the decisions that Ford is making and someone takes it personal. I didn't launch posts towards Harry but rather responded to those he wrote on me.

Congrats Ford Marketing...I hope you are reading all this nonsense.

Build the cars people want to buy
Precisely.

PP0001 said:
Didn't know that you had the authority to speak on behalf of this board but now that I understand that I will certainly not question any of your comments and/or statements going forward.

Harry, you wear your emotions on your sleeve. You aren't reading the actual words I wrote.

"If you are accusing me of furthering a mistruth with respect to the consensus of this board and why CR CF wheel production may have limited GT350R (or GT500 CF TP for that matter) I'll gladly inform you that you are wrong. You have indeed missed it. Search and enlighten youself as the commentary is spread across quite a few threads over a number of years now."

Accuse me of a mistruth and I'll defend myself. I stated that there has been a consensus over the past half decade here at 6g as to why GT350R (and possibly now GT500 CF TP cars) and it has had to do with the possibility (I used the word "may") of a limited supply of the CR CF wheels. I've posted numerous times about production capacity and government investment in Australia in multiple threads in a group think effort to understand what could be the reason. So the speaking with authority comment was really unnecessary. If you chose to not question anything I say going forward that is truly an odd choice, especially given your responses.

@lightrules I don't have the patience anymore for all of the continual whining and negativity of a few members regarding the upcoming GT500 and/or the GT350/R's therefore based on much thought and reflection over the last short while I have decided to move on.
I'm sorry you feel that way Harry. Not a shot at you but I don't live in a world of rainbows and unicorns. When Ford makes a poor business decision, I'll be all over it, every time. I thought I made it clear to you that I think this car is fantastic and the engineers couldn't be commended enough. While I was happy to hear that Ford wasn't doing a R model GT500 and that (in essence) the "R version" would simply be an option I was surprised as well as a bit skeptical, which is proving to be on point. Three card monte doesn't hide the fact that this Golden Ticket gibberish is the same thing all over again only under a different heading. Ford needs to come clean. The hp/tq game was ridiculous. The weight waiting game can't go on forever and I believe Ford made an error in not getting in front of it as opposed to letting it fester.

Again, I have no doubt the car will be a beast. It'll be great when the obstacle course has been cleared and people actually have them at their disposal.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congrats Ford Marketing...I hope you are reading all this nonsense.

Build the cars people want to buy

If you want to "reward" your dealerships for performance, pay fair labor times on warranty work and by extension, fix the technician shortage! Or come up with any number of behind the scenes performance tiers and incentives. The fact that you can have pages and pages of arguing about a PROCESS of product distribution, instead of talking about THE PRODUCT is mind boggling and makes one question if anything was learned from the 350 and 350R debacle.
Exactly, ford is rewarding the most effective vultures, not their actual customers.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not just do it via a lottery system? Pay the fee to enroll in the program and once the door closed hold a lottery and inform everyone who got a CF TP allocation. Of course the mega dealers would cry. What are they going to do, sell less Mustangs out of spite? Or make enough CF TP cars so that every participating dealer has one allocation of them. If they don't want it, fine, another dealer always has the opportunity to pick it up.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is the business model and like it or not it is the way business has been conducted with any Ford Performance product. Did anyone really think it was going to change?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember trying to order one of the (what I think ended up being 107 built) '93R models. No competition license, no car. At least that roadblock isn't required anymore. And that was only, what, 235hp?

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It is the business model and like it or not it is the way business has been conducted with any Ford Performance product. Did anyone really think it was going to change?
As recent as 2013-2014 it wasn't.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, there was no R model then, if you are to correlate the CF TP to an R anyway. It was just as stupid though with the '93, '95, and '00 R versions.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As recent as 2013-2014 it wasn't.
Yes those 500s were all you could eat (meaning they made a lot of units). However the earlier years of the 500 did have ADMs that didn't die off until later model years.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The market crash in '08 did a pretty good job of taming ADM's at the time. Maybe it's a good time to convert everything back to cash and be prepared...

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes those 500s were all you could eat (meaning they made a lot of units). However the earlier years of the 500 did have ADMs that didn't die off until later model years.
Right! That's exactly what I'm saying. Why is Ford limiting this car? Why are they limiting the CFTP? Is it wheel constraints? Or?

I've lost track of all the good posts here, but someone posted about how much money Ford is leaving on the table by limiting these cars. Ford should make all they can sell. If I was a Ford shareholder, that would be my position as well.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For one, if Ford is going to dump pretty much their entire car line and sell trucks, a Mustang, and some other tiny mobile, I'd venture to guess their corporate average fuel economy numbers will be impacted. GT500 production is rather small but plays or will play a bigger part in the overall average - at least until they go mondo with electrification and hybridization.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, I can't say for sure. Some would argue material availability. When they were producing GT350Rs in the past, the carbon fiber was the limiting factor. I would imagine it would be the same thing. Another consideration is production capability at the flat rock plant. Realize, the plant produces more than GT500s, it also produces mustangs, GT350s, Lincoln's etc.

So it is what it is. Ford's business model and production capabilities (As well as the parts suppliers) all have an effect on how many units they make.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
is there any chance it’s done to prop up a better resale value? being in a ZL1 now, I’ve noticed the resale just isn’t as good as the shelby. it’s a good thing i like the car, because GM ran a 15% off not too long ago. pretty easy to get upside down quick in a Z06 or ZL1. just curious if this could be a reason for limited availability, i do understand the shelby is just a far more popular car in general.

it appears it will be a few years before a 500 even looks to be a possibility for me, and the way they’re doing these allocations is not speeding up the process at all.
Sponsored