2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Well I think NOW you are obligated to name such dealer since they are JACKWADS. I have a gentlemens agreement that is nowhere NEAR final, so i still have hope a mans word means something but honestly i am starting to loose faith in humanity....I get they can do what they want, should make money however they want, just don't string my A$$ along for 6 months, be straight from the beginning. If i get screwed over on this deal i may just give Ford the middle finger and move on to bigger an better things....
I would like to "chime in here" on your commenting on losing faith in humanity. This whole frikkin process makes me lose faith in it. In my call to those 41 dealers before finding my "dream deal" I called early on a Ford Dealer that I had bought atleast 7 or 8 Fords from over the 15 years that I lived close to his small town dealership. Here's exactly what he told me, (oh by the way he always keeps a bible on his desk) he said "well Chuck we have that car spoken for but here's what we decided, we are going to take a wait and see philosophy of what the other dealers in Omaha are selling their cars for and then we'll price out allocation of 1 car accordingly." So I said to him well Lee how can a guy buy a car when you don't even have a price on it??? He said he wasn't worried about the buyer as he has plenty of money and he'll pay what Iam going to ask for it. Now in calling those 41 dealers obviously I called "every Ford Dealer" in Omaha. To a dealer they were all getting $10,000 over MSRP and don't forget their rape job of a $399 DOC FEE. Sorry, but when I see a post like protraxduners I just can't help myself but to share what I ran into on my 41 calls. Thank God above that 41st dealer was a TRULY SUPER GUY and we made a deal. At some point down the road I will mention their name with a million praises for their honesty and complete integrity.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
My guy actually seems like a TRULY SUPER GUY also but i don't have any paperwork or CAR in my hands yet. So I have all my cards riding on a guy i have known for 6 months. If it all works out they will also get their recognition. And i hope all the greedy dealers get stuck with $100k cars they cant move, maybe the C8 will make this come true...maybe not. AND MOST of ALL no matter how it goes down, whether i get one or not, msrp or not I hope FORD knows i will never buy a new car from them again... (well maybe until the next GT500....) Don't want to sound too much like a cry baby but buying a new car should really be a fun time, esp for a sports car type purchase, this couldn't be further from my experience.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My guy actually seems like a TRULY SUPER GUY also but i don't have any paperwork or CAR in my hands yet. So I have all my cards riding on a guy i have known for 6 months. If it all works out they will also get their recognition. And i hope all the greedy dealers get stuck with $100k cars they cant move, maybe the C8 will make this come true...maybe not. AND MOST of ALL no matter how it goes down, whether i get one or not, msrp or not I hope FORD knows i will never buy a new car from them again... (well maybe until the next GT500....) Don't want to sound too much like a cry baby but buying a new car should really be a fun time, esp for a sports car type purchase, this couldn't be further from my experience.
I’m in this exact same position. Have yet to even meet my guy (dealership is 1000+ miles from me), I don’t have paperwork yet, just a gentlemen’s promise. I live my life with integrity and honor, and my word is worth its weight in gold. I just hope he lives his life in the same way. So far, it appears that he does, but only time will tell.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
i still have hope a mans word means something but honestly i am starting to loose faith in humanity.
In the words of America's greatest philosopher:

I don’t hate my fellow man, even when he’s tiresome and surly and <fill-in-the-blank>. I figure that’s just the human material, and him that finds in it cause for anger and dismay is just a fool for expecting better. - Buster Scruggs​

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I can't blame them for trying to get what they can, but around here a man's word is pretty valued. I own a small business and if I make a promise to a customer I do my best to stand by it. I guess worst case I can wait like a lot of other folks.
I’m not to typically post reviews online but this would be worthy of posting about on google, yelp, facebook etc.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Does anyone know or have information when does the 500 start production? September maybe?
9/9/19 is whats on all the paperwork ive seen

Well I think NOW you are obligated to name such dealer since they are JACKWADS. I have a gentlemens agreement that is nowhere NEAR final, so i still have hope a mans word means something but honestly i am starting to loose faith in humanity....I get they can do what they want, should make money however they want, just don't string my A$$ along for 6 months, be straight from the beginning. If i get screwed over on this deal i may just give Ford the middle finger and move on to bigger an better things....
yup. post up those that are known to do this. Im ok with ADM, but backing out in tht way, says a lot..

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
YES while i may not like it, ADM is fine, but backing out of a deal, thats just chicken$hit.....

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Dealerships are raking many people across the hot coals to get a 2020 Shelby GT500. I for one plan to show no mercy when it comes time to buy my daughter a vehicle for college. We should all demand cars at an average of 10K below MSRP for all other cars bought from them!

Lngebrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Super Cobra Jet
Not exactly the same, but the car was mine provided I would pay 5K over MSRP. I didn’t know that was the case until they were going to take my deposit. Maybe I should have, but with sales tax I just couldn’t justify it. Oh well glad I bought the 911 Carrera and even negotiated 7% off. I never had a Porsche, feels like a super high end go kart and my wife loves riding in it better than the 14 GT500 I had. Happy wife happy life.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and don't forget their rape job of a $399 DOC FEE.
you should almost kiss the guy's shoes for such a low 'doc fee'. In VA it's generally 700-1000. In MD it's limited by law to 300. That's why you cram it back down their throat by lowering your starting price by equal or more.

Dealerships are raking many people across the hot coals to get a 2020 Shelby GT500.
It's only 'raking' if the buyer AGREES to the terms.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
you should almost kiss the guy's shoes for such a low 'doc fee'. In VA it's generally 700-1000. In MD it's limited by law to 300. That's why you cram it back down their throat by lowering your starting price by equal or more.
here in California doc fee is limited to $80. it's awesome. The only problem is dealer markups are about 30k.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
here in California doc fee is limited to $80.
Since any doc fee is just a number they make up, having legal caps don't really do anything for a savvy buyer. Its like a pic someone posted recently comparing an item for $25 with $5 shipping and the same item for $30 with free shipping. Whatever a dealer's absolute lowest selling price is at any moment is the same thing. If the state tells them they have to charge $x less for doc fees, the price of the car goes up $x. Still they are good laws because they minimizes the hit on more novice buyers.

The doc fee game just came about because some people feel a deal is a deal and after they agree on a price without asking doc fees and the dealer drops some amount and says non-negotiable, x% buyers feel stupid or embarrassed to back out or insist on a new negotiation where they would be on the back foot already. That and for a while, a high doc fee was a way to reduce commissions by moving some of the money from the price of the car to the doc fee.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@HoosierDaddy , my comment was tongue in cheek.
I didn't mean that as a response to you. Sorry. Just commenting on the practice in general. I thought I removed the Awesome with the other things I deleted.

Sorry. I went back and edited it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Dealerships are raking many people across the hot coals to get a 2020 Shelby GT500. I for one plan to show no mercy when it comes time to buy my daughter a vehicle for college. We should all demand cars at an average of 10K below MSRP for all other cars bought from them!
Go gettem.
My dealer is very good and never charges adm.
If they did, I'd ask about a car, test drive and ask a bunch of questions, then tell them I'm going to Chevy because I liked ______ better.
Keep doing that with a different salesman, every day I had a chance.;)
Time is money and hey, if they are taking our money, I'll waste their time.