Sponsored

Keep it stock

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
As a modder, I like Mustangs due to the huge aftermarket support and large availability of parts, new or used. This is my fourth Mustang, first non-V8 version, and am amazed how even a simple OTS tune and IC swap make a big difference for this little 4-banger.

Hobbies aren't supposed to make financial sense but if you're budget conscious, you can pick up a used EB for close to $15K nowadays and spend about $2.5K in used parts to go FBO + larger turbo + tune. I imagine you can get used GTs for low $20Ks/high $10Ks now if you go that route. Some mods are even free if you have FORScan and a supported OBD II interface.

Even if I wasn't a modder, I'd add things, like the cradle lockout kit, since that's not an option from the factory and the rear end wiggling going over the bridge expansion joints really bugged me.

I do recommend that you set some funds aside for any breakage if you are doing any potentially warranty-voiding mods, since they'll be watching for signs of mods (see attached).
Sponsored

Attachments

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
I'm in an extremely soul-crushing field, my car isn't something I drive, it's an outlet and an extension of me. I could never imagine leaving a car stock, much less leaving a Mustang stock. All the choice available! I'm still on temp tags and have done several mods, can't wait to do more down the line.