Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^ maybe, but I just negotiated to trade one of my R's in for a 66K value (considering the tax differential). Before the 500 prices were released, the value was much lower. So actually, considering I got the car with a 2k ADM, had a lot of fun with it, and only paid 70K for it (with an ADM, I did quite well. I made a comment a while back when the '20 500 and 350 pricing was released "that my R values just went up today". Well they did. :)
Sponsored

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Thought I would share this with everyone so people can start getting ready for the ridiculousness that will be ADM from some dealerships. They wanted to know if I was interested and I was like no. Apparently they know they are getting 3 allocations and one golden ticket. For those that have orders at or near MSRP, congrats. For the rest of you, good luck with the search cause it's going to get crazy fast.
Screenshot_20190709-231633_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
You can buy a used Lamborghini or Ferrari in that price lol

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
ahem 5000 units/yr or any number close to that (even round down to 3000/yr) is not a limited production. less than 500 cars is getting into "collectible" territory.
It's more limited than the c8 the other guy was mentioning. The regular c8 will be the eco boost mustang of the corvette world, gm will make as many as it can.
Also not sure why the c8 is mentioned, that thing will not have the space or extra 2 seats available. Not an apples to apples comparison.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's more limited than the c8 the other guy was mentioning. The regular c8 will be the eco boost mustang of the corvette world, gm will make as many as it can.
Yeah, in my mind, "limited production" means an artificially limited quantity vs. the number that __could__ be built based on supply chain, manufacturing capacity, distribution/sales channels. From there, you're just getting into bickering how limited (and how that affects "collectability", whatever).

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m sure but the following year they’ll have a discount 5-10k off sticker like Chevy usually has on their cars.
No doubt, same with the GT500. I bought my GT350 at invoice, and ordered my GT500 at sticker.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Also not sure why the c8 is mentioned, that thing will not have the space or extra 2 seats available. Not an apples to apples comparison.
Yes, it'll definitely be widely produced, but it probably will not perform that far off from the GT500.

Typically, from the last few generations, each years Vette base model seems to perform like the previous gen's Z06.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, it'll definitely be widely produced, but it probably will not perform that far off from the GT500.

Typically, from the last few generations, each years Vette base model seems to perform like the previous gen's Z06.
They keep adding power, but also adding weight is the problem.

I would be interested in the EB C8. Just needs a manual transmission.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
ahem 5000 units/yr or any number close to that (even round down to 3000/yr) is not a limited production. less than 500 cars is getting into "collectible" territory.

I watch Mecum Auctions from time to time and sure sometimes somebody pays $$$$ for a car that isn't worth the extra dosh. And then future sellers try to ask for the same high-water mark and the buyers shrug and walk away till the price comes back to "reasonable".

If this dealer can sell just one car for the stated ADM (or anything north of the usual and customary 20k) he's going to laugh all the way to the bank. Unfortunately I doubt he's going to reward all his staff with a share of the winnings. Then again maybe he needs a new expansion to his service shop and this is one easy way to pay for it.
Have you checked the ForSale listings on this board or CarGurus and similar? There are quite a few people who think they can find a buyer for their 3+ yr old car at negligible discount to MSRP when it should be well in excess of 20% off, even with tiny mileage. The "value delusion" isn't confined to opportunistic dealers.
if its not a "limited" car, then you should be able to find one for sale at msrp, without issue.. because supply would be greater than demand.. are you saying thats the case here, We can shop around multiple dealers?

or are you saying that its a specialty vehicle, with handbuilt engine, and other model specific attributes?

can you explain to me how turbo 2007-2009 porsche 997.1 manual coupes are still hovering $65-90k, whilst being a decade old, tons for sale, and KBB has them valued at ~$50-55k? why are they 20-40k over the "valued" price?

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
can you explain to me how 2007-2009 porsche 997.1 manual coupes are still hovering $65-90k, whilst being a decade old, tons for sale, and KBB has them valued at ~$50-55k? why are they 20-40k over the "valued" price?
'asking' price is analogous to 'reserve' price. It's a hoped for price even if steeped in irrational assumptions in the hope even just one somebody will pay it. I'm not privy to how KBB arrives at their numbers aside from the fact they appear to be consistently 8-13% high the times I've consulted them. I prefer NADA black book but like they say in the fine print, they are estimates based on sales data and other factors.

Value is set by the buyer. It's a universal rule regardless of the good in question. That there are a "bunch" of overpriced 997.1's out there says to me the price is way too high or else there would be far fewer of them hanging around on listings. I don't know anything about the 997 and if it has (in)tangible factors that sellers are clinging to to justify the premium.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Funny how history repeats itself... I see everyone saying... "just wait 6 months or a year..get it cheap...deep discounts". They all said the same thing about the GT350R...well dealers have sold every one they could - plenty with markups and very few, if any a penny under MSRP. I sold my 16 after about 3 years and over 12k miles and did pretty darn good. So wait a year or so on a 500, sure you might save a few bucks on that used car - I'd rather spend the extra money now and be the only owner.

Sponsored

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
Funny how history repeats itself... I see everyone saying... "just wait 6 months or a year..get it cheap...deep discounts". They all said the same thing about the GT350R...well dealers have sold every one they could - plenty with markups and very few, if any a penny under MSRP. I sold my 16 after about 3 years and over 12k miles and did pretty darn good. So wait a year or so on a 500, sure you might save a few bucks on that used car - I'd rather spend the extra money now and be the only owner.
Plus you’ll have one while everyone else waits.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yup. I just agreed to a trade in with an equivalent value of $66,000. I got it for 2k ADM. My dealer will probably put it on the lot for about MSRP. Remember when everyone was saying how they were going to scoop up the trade in R's for a song? Lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
scoop up the trade in R's for a song?
well, how about new 2019 R for 10% off? It's been mentioned on this site for a week and been listed on the dealer's site for a few more.
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ5K5551473
well dealers have sold every one they could
I don't doubt the first 3 years of production that was likely true because production numbers were around 2500 units. It's not the case any more, at least in certain areas of the country. First MY GT500 will be tough to get, no doubt. But the market for Shelby's is pretty damn small and those who would have gotten one, more than likely already did so. With production numbers expected to be 2x what Ford did with the 350 series, I expect the buying pressure will deflate significantly faster and with it the ability to command ADM.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
well, how about new 2019 R for 10% off? It's been mentioned on this site for a week and been listed on the dealer's site for a few more.
https://www.lindsayford.com/new-Wheaton-2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ5K5551473

I don't doubt the first 3 years of production that was likely true because production numbers were around 2500 units. It's not the case any more, at least in certain areas of the country. First MY GT500 will be tough to get, no doubt. But the market for Shelby's is pretty damn small and those who would have gotten one, more than likely already did so. With production numbers expected to be 2x what Ford did with the 350 series, I expect the buying pressure will deflate significantly faster and with it the ability to command ADM.
Shogun, I agree. Do you know how many model years they are making this gen? If it’s 2 years or more, there will be plenty to go around. I’m waiting to get one because 1) I don’t want to put up with greedy dealers or “handshake” agreements that will probably fall through after the madness begins 2) I want to actually see the colors in real life before ordering an 80k vehicle 3) I would like to see the reviews and impressions first 4) There is a strong possibility of a recession in the next 2 years as we’ve been in the longest economic expansion in history, which would make dealing on one very easy. So anyway, I’m going to see how things shake out and what the mid-engine Corvette is all about too.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

That is until you try to buy it. You know better than that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.