Sponsored

Question for those with aftermarket kits (Metra or Scoshe)

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Has anyone used a USB-GM1? I found 2 usb cables in the dash. One was black, the other was grey. Trying to figure out which one to use for the dash usb port.
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Use the black one. The grey is for AUX afaik.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Has anyone used a USB-GM1? I found 2 usb cables in the dash. One was black, the other was grey. Trying to figure out which one to use for the dash usb port.
More info on this? Where were the cables located? I only see the plug in the bezel and can’t figure out how to adapt to my head unit. Link to the USB-GM1?

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well, the other end of the plug in the original stock bezel has some micro-USB connectors that were attached to the APIM (that's the grey thing attached to the stock monitor). For this to be attached to an aftermarket headunit you need the USB-GM1 which you can easily find at Amazon or with the help of Google.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Well, the other end of the plug in the original stock bezel has some micro-USB connectors that were attached to the APIM (that's the grey thing attached to the stock monitor). For this to be attached to an aftermarket headunit you need the USB-GM1 which you can easily find at Amazon or with the help of Google.
Thanks for that. Looking for micro USB v. USB-A was the missing link for me. Will definitely give this a shot.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Didn’t work for me. Used aforementioned Amazon to easily find the USB-GM1, wouldn’t work with first party lightning cable in either port. Also tried different cables. Black usb, correct?

qwTLASq.jpg

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
So none of the UBS-ports is working with the USB-GM1? That's strange as at least the port in the armrest should work this way.
Didn't have a problem with other applications and the USB-GM1. And yes, it's the black cable that has to be used. The grey one (if it was a SYNC2) is for the SD-card reader/AUX.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
More info on this? Where were the cables located? I only see the plug in the bezel and can’t figure out how to adapt to my head unit. Link to the USB-GM1?
I'm not entirely sure. But, I think the plugs were originally plugged into the Sync box. They have male mini USB ends. You can just Google USB-GM1. I found it on Amazon with next day delivery.

PAC USB-GM1 OEM USB Port Retention Cable for Select GM(R) & Chrysler(R) Vehicles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M74WW8Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rCGjDb7FHN3XF

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, the original connectors are connected to the SYNC module (either SYNC2 with black and grey plugs, or SYNC3 with only black plug, at least in Germany it was this way).

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Not having an easily accessible USB port was bothering me, so I picked this up and installed. Works perfectly, doesn’t look out of place. Plugged into back of head unit, replaced the lighter socket.

gG4mW0W.jpg
Sponsored